Poll: Which One Meant More To You? 2009 or 2011?

Which Was More Special To You?

• Total voters

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Since they're both in the bag, the one in 2012 means more to me.

I honestly can't say either '09 or '11 means more.

tideisarollin

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2012
Mobile Al
I would have to say the 2011 has meant more to me. Thats probably because I live in Baton Rouge and it had the redemption factor. The 2009 was important to me too because I think it symbolized our return to dominance!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I gotta go with 2009. The redemption against UF, first heisman and then being in the RoseBowl watching us beat Texas. Living in Texas I still hear how had Colt played, they would have won by 3 TD's.

2011 was special, as it told the nation, 2009 was not a fluke, BAMA is back. My only regret was turning down a free ticket.

Grievous Angel

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2012
Close. But 2009. Undefeated, heisman, seccg, first time in 17 years. But 2011 was more dominant. And I enjoyed the 2011 title game more. I think the 2011 team may beat the 2009 team on the field. Slightly worse on offense but only slightly. Main loss was Julio. But 2011 defense was better on balance. Better backs, and better linebackers overall.

peterolt1de

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 27, 2011
OCEAN SPRINGS, MS
When you live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and have to put up with the obnoxious lswho fans all year long, this year meant more. They are very quiet right now. Not seeing as much who gear as usual. Hopefully the beginning of the end of them even being in any championship talk.

Lady Crimson

Suspended
Oct 13, 2011
2009:Back to the Rose Bowl... Beating Texas for the first time... Back to the top on the mountain...Back to really being Alabama again!

Tideski

1st Team
Oct 21, 2007
North Alabama
I was the only Bama fan in my house while growing up. I suffered greatly during the 00's. I kept thinking to myself that we had to win another NC before AU did. I had a feeling the barn was going to win one. I wanted to be able to say we traveled down the streets of Hell and made it back to the top before AU won its second NC. When we beat Texas it was like a family burden had been lifted off my shoulders. My family had to acknowledge our greatness.......then 2010.......I had to listen to all that crap- Cam, the Tuscaloosa lose, stupid Updyke. 2011 was a year of redemption for me, Auburn's NC, the tornadoes, November 5th LSU, and the media's proclamation that LSU had the besty team of all time. January 9 was more of a coronation than the 09 championship.
To bookend Auburn's NC is priceless for me!! I will shoot fireworks this year when Auburn loses there first game! I cannot stand the thought of them winning it again this year and bookending our NC. So I guess I'm saying both championships are very special to me.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
2009 was THE season for me. I remember it as if it was yesterday and actually remember it better than the 2010 and some of the 2011 season.

2009 was Alabama's statement year. We proved as a fan base that we never give up and the team proved to the world that Alabama is back and they are here to stay. And we took down two teams we "weren't supposed to beat" - Florida/Texas.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
2009 was more exciting because it had been so LONG and I was still recovering from the Shula days (didn't believe we could actually do it). I hate to say it, but CNS has me spoiled. I actually expected us to be there at the end this year and I expect us to compete every year.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Included: Bama's first Heisman winner, a cult hero in Mt. Cody, zero losses, signaled the end of one of the worst stretches in Alabama history.

2011 was good, but 2009 was much sweeter.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
2009 was more meaningful to me for reasons already posted.

2011 didn't mean as much to me because my father wasn't around to see that one with me.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Included: Bama's first Heisman winner, a cult hero in Mt. Cody, zero losses, signaled the end of one of the worst stretches in Alabama history.

2011 was good, but 2009 was much sweeter.
This. Brought us back from the dead, 2011 just re-enforced what was already done.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I gotta go with the '11 NC because it confirmed to college football '09 was no fluke & the "Saban Dynasty" has only started..Plus the feathers Bama ruffled by playing in the '11 NC Game has been fun too watch..

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
i absolutely loved the 2009 perfect season, but with so many close calls during the year, it could be argued that a lot of luck went into winning that title.

2011, OTOH, our boys not only beat, but totally dominated EVERY team that they played, so there is no way that anyone can claim that they were lucky to win any game. The only luck was bad luck in losing the OT game to LSU, where they won everywhere except the scoreboard, and then the absolute domination in the title game proved without a doubt that LSU was lucky to get the first win, plain and simple.

I think at the end of the year, that fans and haters alike have to agree/admit that Alabama was the best team in college football this year.

Last edited:

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I'm with CrimsonJag...while 2009 was a "Return to Glory", the offseason events of 2011, with the April 27th tornadoes, Aaron Douglas, losing to LSU on Nov. 5th, then rematching them in their backyard when the WHOLE country was against us....that was much more satisfying...especially after we dominated EVERYTHING in our path in 2011...other than the Nov. 5th hiccup of course.
And, truthfully, dominated that game, too. Just didn't reflect on the scoreboard.

2011 Bama was the most dominating team in college football in recent memory.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Both were awesome however if i had to choose i'd go with 2009. we as bama fans have been through soooo much and have been aching to be back in the limelight for years. Didnt coach Saban shed some tears at the end of that SEC championship game that year? Thats how i felt at that time as well. I dont think Coach knew how much passion we as fans have about the football team and i think it carried over to him.

RollPcolaRoll

Feb 6, 2012
They both meant a lot in different ways. In 2009 I was in afghanistan and fervently searched for information. Sometimes I was many miles from american tv, some games I had wifi and could look at live updates, and I was lucky enough to see the SEC championship while briefly on a logistical mission to Bagram Air Field. Got to watch it with a Gainesvill UF fan that didn't understand just how much Pensacola really is Bama Nation- he thought I was a traitor, haha.

This year I was home every saturday, got to sip beer and my (newfound) wife made me great gameday food even though I spent 12 hours a day watching football. I saw every Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas game even though I'm stationed in Washington thanks to ESPN3 on XBOX(SEC games don't air all that much up here). So, it was special because I was that much more invested. the 2009 victory meant a lot and lifted my spirits when I needed it badly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.