The perception of college football vs. the NFL

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I'm not sure if anyone else has touched on it, but I think in some ways the NFL has marginalized the rabid fan. They're much more interested in courting the fantasy fan with NFL programming on satellite television than they are in actually selling tickets.

I'm not sure if anyone else has touched on it, but I think in some ways the NFL has marginalized the rabid fan. They're much more interested in courting the fantasy fan with NFL programming on satellite television than they are in actually selling tickets.
Ehh... the business model is still getting butts in the seats (Hence the blackout policy, which is being challenged). The problem with that, though, is HD TV + things like Sunday Ticket/Red Zone Channel have made staying at home intriguing, especially if you don't live within a blackout range. The courting of fantasy fans is being done to court casual fans who might not have a loyalty to a particular team.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Ok... this thread is crazy! I love football! Highschool, College, NFL, and Arena (Never watched Canadian). That being said, College is my favorite. There's an atmosphere that is unmatched IMO!

I do think NFL has too many people that are concerned about the money and not the game... This is the reason they're talking about not having a Pro-Bowl! It's a boring game to the fans these days. I'm sure people who prefer the NFL have reasons to prefer it over college, it's a personal opinion. I'm sure if my college team was irrelevant since it's existance, I'd probably be bored of watching them lose. Most of the south loves college football because the south dominates college football! Everyone wants to see their team win. I do believe though that in the NFL, it's easier to become a relevant team a lot easier than college!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.