Link: 4 TCU football players among 17 students arrested for selling drugs

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/15/3736441/many-current-tcu-students-arrested.html

Seventeen TCU students, including four football players, have been arrested after a six-month investigation by Fort Worth and TCU police that included students selling drugs to undercover officers, police and TCU officials said Wednesday.

"All of those arrested are drug dealers," TCU Police Chief Steven McGee said at a morning news conference.

No names were released Wednesday morning but police said arrest warrant affidavits would be available later today.

A source told the Star-Telegram that at least one starter is among the four football players arrested.
Way to go, TCU. Get that early Fulmer Cup lead.

deuce_deuce

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2011
Hoover, AL
well look at it this way. better to quickly remove these guys from the team and replace them with players who do appreciate the moment. then the other guys on the team will have better leaders.

Lady Crimson

Suspended
Oct 13, 2011
Surely we are not going to get into the "drugs are okay because everyone does them" discussion again are we?

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Apparently one of the players arrested said only about 20 players on TCU would pass a drug test right now.
Yikes! I heard on interview here in ATL with a local Dallas sports guy who covers TCU. He said it could be even more widespread commenting that the investigation is still ongoing. I feel bad for the fans. Been there, done that. That kick in the gut hurts.

Yikes! I heard on interview here in ATL with a local Dallas sports guy who covers TCU. He said it could be even more widespread commenting that the investigation is still ongoing. I feel bad for the fans. Been there, done that. That kick in the gut hurts.
As Everyday Should Be Saturday pointed out, all the arrests were on the supply side. The purchase side arrests might still be coming.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
As Everyday Should Be Saturday pointed out, all the arrests were on the supply side. The purchase side arrests might still be coming.
That's what I read in an article as well. All students arrested made hand to hand sales with undercovers officers.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Was just listening to the radio hear in Columbia, they said that Patterson ordered a drug test of the team after a recruit told him he was specifically not going to TCU because of drug use. They haven't released results of the test yet but a source said that 80 of them failed the test.

One of the players that is charged said to an undercover officer that he thought only 20 guys on the roster would pass a test. He said that after the test was given and the cop was saying how bs the test was haha.

Sounds like they have a serious serious drug issue on the team.

coUrAgeWins

1st Team
Oct 30, 2005
Athens, AL
in subsequent news.....

The Texas Christian University board has approved changing the university's name to Texas Chronic University.

More at 11.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I can hear the music now... ♪♫♪♫♫♪
♪♫♫♪ "Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends,"♪♫♪ "I get high with a little help from my friends."♪♫♫♪... and next up is that Beetles classic... Yellow Submarine.

After a short, pause for the cause, we've got 'Peter, Paul, and Mary' with some mellow mood music...
dream along with " PUFF (The Magic Dragon)...

I hate to admit it, but this thread reminds me of the 60s.
Tie dyed 'Ts', bell bottom jeans, and hair down to there...

Last edited:

Lady Crimson

Suspended
Oct 13, 2011
Drugs are like a cancer to a great football program, it saps away you will to win...

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Was just listening to the radio hear in Columbia, they said that Patterson ordered a drug test of the team after a recruit told him he was specifically not going to TCU because of drug use. They haven't released results of the test yet but a source said that 80 of them failed the test.

One of the players that is charged said to an undercover officer that he thought only 20 guys on the roster would pass a test. He said that after the test was given and the cop was saying how bs the test was haha.

Sounds like they have a serious serious drug issue on the team.
Wonder where that recruit ended up signing. I'm sure he'll be really thrilled to find out how his teammates are when he interacts with them on an everyday basis.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.