Who will be Bama's long snapper next year ?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
Carson Tinker , I believe graduated this year . Who will replace him ? To me , it's a little scary considering how consistent Carson has been . Think about all those field goals we kicked this year . :(

RollTide66

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Dont believe Tinker graduated either... Unlike some Jr.s who graduate, Tinker did not take part in Senior Day last year. But, there are several listed on the roster Transfer from Liberty Univ.(where he started as Freshman LS in 2010) #50 Robby Cramer (of Hoover HS, Hoover, Al) and #49 MK Taylor (of Oxford HS, Anniston, Al) both are Walk On's like Tinker.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
pretty sure tinker has another year.

we got a walk on coming in that sort of fits the bill of a long snapper down the road. cant remember his name though.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
Carson does have one more year . I should have done a little research before posting . I'm glad he will be back . For some reason , I was thinking about him this afternoon and trying to remember if I had ever seen him make a bad snap . I was also wondering why long snappers are normally smaller than starting centers . Is this because of better agility and quickness ? Just wondering . rtr...

RollTide66

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Carson does have one more year . I should have done a little research before posting . I'm glad he will be back . For some reason , I was thinking about him this afternoon and trying to remember if I had ever seen him make a bad snap . I was also wondering why long snappers are normally smaller than starting centers . Is this because of better agility and quickness ? Just wondering . rtr...
there are rules against hammering the LS. so he can be smaller. If you ever tried it, you would find, NOT a fun job. I was tried for the job and I made sure all my practice snaps sucked. I hated it. But I do recall a few less than perfect snaps that AJ saved, they weren't terrible, just not perfect, but as I said I would not want the job.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
You also want your ls to be able to get down field after punts to cover the kick since most teams forget to or don't bother to even cover him up. Remember how effective brian selman was at doing that, actually made some big plays for us.

Cowzrul

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2009
I could be wrong, but I don't believe you're allowed to block the long snapper. It isn't that the teams aren't doing it or forgetting.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
I could be wrong, but I don't believe you're allowed to block the long snapper. It isn't that the teams aren't doing it or forgetting.
You are definitely not allowed to touch him while his head is down. But, once he stands up to run, he is fair game like everyone else I believe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.