Link: 2013 PA WR Robert Foster Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: SIAP, Tide making in-roads with the nation's top receiver Robert Foster

Looks really good and would love to have him. I'm sure he is being told that he can be the next Percy Harvin every day from the Urban Myth though. With the distance it will be tough to get him and even if he does commit I wont feel confident till he signs.
According to OSU boards his scholarship offer was no longer there. He apparantly on a visit went out and got drunk and Meyer was not happy. Had some unkind words for him and he is now looking other places.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

According to OSU boards his scholarship offer was no longer there. He apparantly on a visit went out and got drunk and Meyer was not happy. Had some unkind words for him and he is now looking other places.
Wouldn't this incident perhaps factor into our decision to take his committment?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Looks really good and would love to have him. I'm sure he is being told that he can be the next Percy Harvin every day from the Urban Myth though. With the distance it will be tough to get him and even if he does commit I wont feel confident till he signs.
You could field an entire team and provide back ups with all the guys Urban Meyer has promised will be the next Percy Harvin. And percy Harvin's just wishing he could be the old percy harvin again, ironically i guess.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Wouldn't this incident perhaps factor into our decision to take his committment?
The official word from their paysites is OSU moved on because Foster did not present relationship building skills for the relationship to continue. The other was from some of their mods. Take it fwiw.

Last edited:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

The official word from their paysites is OSU moved on because Foster did not present relational buildings skills for the relationship to continue. The other was from some of their mods. Take it fwiw.
He went and partied on their dime knowing he was never going there just like I would have done! ;)

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

The official word from their paysites is OSU moved on because Foster did not present relationship building skills for the relationship to continue. The other was from some of their mods. Take it fwiw.
i guess he just couldn't make it into the "Circle of Trust"....

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

You know how many of our current players probably did the same exact thing as Robert Foster when he visited Alabama? It is a college campus, there are more underage drinkers than those above 21.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

You know how many of our current players probably did the same exact thing as Robert Foster when he visited Alabama? It is a college campus, there are more underage drinkers than those above 21.
Put another way, if Robert Foster were at the top of someone else's recruiting board and not our own, would we be quite so quick to write this off?

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Official visits are often about parties and girls. In fact, so were most of my college years. Doesn't scare me one bit.

Violence, laziness, lack of work ethic, thugishness - that is what I never want to see. A kid who likes to party is a kid. That's all it proves.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
actually what im hearing is he offended some of the academics and theyre making a big stink about him being a thug. i guess he apologized to meyer...idk if theyre still recruiting him but theyre painting him as a thug now.

HELENKELLERMRI

1st Team
Apr 19, 2008
The Shoals
Would love to have him and Bo Scarbrough lined out wide with our backfield. That would be scary. I know some say Bo will still be a running back, but I think this would be plain scary. Oh yeah and O J Howard at TE.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Not up to speed on the event that is being referenced, the opening?
The culmination of the SPARQ camps that Nike puts on. Top kids from each camp get invited to attend the Opening in July. Bama has several already committed attending this year and will likely add a few commitments during the showcase/camp.

ETA: Invite list 2012:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/honors/_/id/10/class/2013

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/openingjourney

Last edited:

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Would love to have him and Bo Scarbrough lined out wide with our backfield. That would be scary. I know some say Bo will still be a running back, but I think this would be plain scary. Oh yeah and O J Howard at TE.
I agree. Depending on Eddie Williams progress, UA could have Foster, Williams, Bo, OJ all over 6'3" (Bo might be 6'2" right now but he might gain another inch) and then the speedy slots receivers. Sounds like it could be a dangerous air attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.