Link: 2013 PA WR Robert Foster Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Good point.

If his last two really are Alabama and Pitt, I can't remember a scenario that is more lopsided than that. The number one tradition rich program in history, with Top 5 facilities, and the #1 coach in college football going up against Pitt.

Can anyone recall a head to head battle against a worse program for a Top 20 player?

Have we ever been in the final two against Arkansas State, Montana, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Temple, etc. for a Top 20 player?

Actually yes last year. Pitt beat us out for R Shell, one of the top RBs in the counrty. It did help them that he had a kid on the way but they still beat us out and TR had kids as well.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Actually yes last year. Pitt beat us out for R Shell, one of the top RBs in the counrty. It did help them that he had a kid on the way but they still beat us out and TR had kids as well.
TW,

not disrespecting Pitt, but both these players are from Pennsylvania. say what want, BUT it helps that Pitt is in-state school. no matter how great Bama was and is at this point, Tuscaloosa sounds like a foreign city to some kids regardless how much the Tide appeals to them initially.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
TW,

not disrespecting Pitt, but both these players are from Pennsylvania. say what want, BUT it helps that Pitt is in-state school. no matter how great Bama was and is at this point, Tuscaloosa sounds like a foreign city to some kids regardless how much the Tide appeals to them initially.
I was responding to this post. i never said Pitt could not pull him or they were a bad option. I was just saying Pitt beat us last year. Just because it is Pitt and lets say not USC or OSU, does not mean we can not get beat for a recruit.

If his last two really are Alabama and Pitt, I can't remember a scenario that is more lopsided than that. The number one tradition rich program in history, with Top 5 facilities, and the #1 coach in college football going up against Pitt.

Can anyone recall a head to head battle against a worse program for a Top 20 player?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I was responding to this post. i never said Pitt could not pull him or they were a bad option. I was just saying Pitt beat us last year. Just because it is Pitt and lets say not USC or OSU, does not mean we can not get beat for a recruit.

If i recall we lost a RB to Pitt a year ago.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
That is why I responded to that post. Because Pitt beat us last year for Shell. Someone else made the comment that it would never happen and I said it did last year.
Yeah, I remember Shell, but he was a Top 50 type player (60ish or so on 247) and that's why I said Top 20 for Robert Foster. I think Yeldon was by far the number one RB on our board all year and we ended up getting TJ. I also think Jones, Tennpenny, and Henry this year are also more talented than Shell.

I was making the sarcastic comments given the gap between the two programs. We don't end up in a final two for a Top 20 player that we really want against schools like Pitt very often. But, we'll see; I hope we get him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yeah, I remember Shell, but he was a Top 50 type player (60ish or so on 247) and that's why I said Top 20 for Robert Foster. I think Yeldon was by far the number one RB on our board all year and we ended up getting TJ. I also think Jones, Tennpenny, and Henry this year are also more talented than Shell.

I was making the sarcastic comments given the gap between the two programs. We don't end up in a final two for a Top 20 player that we really want against schools like Pitt very often. But, we'll see; I hope we get him.
TJ Yeldon was not on Bama's RB radar until during his Senior season. Bama wanted him as a safety.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
JMO but I think we did want Shell over Yeldon at one point. If I recall correctly, the staff was not sold on Yeldon as a RB last summer when they told him he could play WR or even safety at Bama. Yeldon blew up his senior year, and the staff changed their minds. I just wanted to point out that at one time, Shell was a priority.

Anyways, I think it's definitely a Pitt-Bama race for Foster. I don't see any other schools posting a legit threat right now. He said today that location won't matter, and it will come down to where he is most comfortable. He also said he loves our staff and feels like he has a great connection with them. We will see how it all shakes out. It should be a lot of fun down the stretch.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Shell ended up @ Pitt only because he is becoming a father. Also, Barring something weird or unforeseen; Foster will play at bama. It has long been a situation that if location was a factor he will be at Pitt. But, that isn't the case.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Shell ended up @ Pitt only because he is becoming a father. Also, Barring something weird or unforeseen; Foster will play at bama. It has long been a situation that if location was a factor he will be at Pitt. But, that isn't the case.
Yeah he has stated distance will not be a factor and I take the visit yesterday as coming just to hang out with the coaches and say hi. Everything I have read points to UA for Foster, but things can change.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
It's almost like people have to disdain sarcasm detection when signing up with their Internet Service Provider.

In any event, it's not denigrating a program to merely state facts. If the facts themselves are an obvious denigration, well, that's is problem of the program, not mine. Don't like it? Don't go 30 years with a Sun Bowl victory as the high water mark of your program.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
With Pitt losing to Youngstown State and Pitt only having very few fans show up to the game, I wonder if that tips the cap in UA's favor in landing Robert Foster

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Dumpster fire going on right now in Pittsburgh. They were smacked around by a .500 Division 1-AA team by two touchdowns this past Saturday, had multiple players suspended, and there were empty seats everywhere.

Don't really know if Pitt is a real contender for him or if he's looking to decide in the near future, but it's hard to see him ending up there unless things dramatically change.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Going to be pulling big time for Cincinatti tonight against Pittsburg in hopes of swaying R. Foster!
Go Bearcats!

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
watching foster right now as his game is on tv. they're (central valley) #1 and the opponent, Montour, is #2. Foster just had a great INT on a 1v1 jump-ball vs another D1 kid, Devin Wilson. Really great INT...outjumping wilson and catching INT on his back. Other than that and 2 great punts (a 55 yarder and then a 38 yarder at the mountour 5 yard line) he's been real quiet. CV haven't done much to get him the ball tonight but that's nothing hew as he only avg 8-10 touches/game in his career. we're late 2nd quarter and Montour is up 7-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.