Link: 2013 PA WR Robert Foster Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
down 7-0 HT the CV coach decided to pull the QB and put Foster in to run the wildcat. well, 4 minutes left in 3Q and it's now 14-7 CV with Foster scoring both TD in wildcat. All this despite a recurring cramp in his right leg....

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Pittsburgh is a disaster and looks like a Division 3 program right now.

I hope Foster Rolls with the Tide.

I couldn't imagine playing for Pitt, when the Alabama is an option.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
According to my sources we lead before Pitt started the season. This could help us or others with Johnson the big OT. He has called bama is dream school ,but location is a huge factor. Also, Tunsil is down too 2 schools ( Bama , UGA). We lead. Henry is going to take on the lead recruiter role for this class.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
down 7-0 HT the CV coach decided to pull the QB and put Foster in to run the wildcat. well, 4 minutes left in 3Q and it's now 14-7 CV with Foster scoring both TD in wildcat. All this despite a recurring cramp in his right leg....
well the worst of Foster came out last night. after his team scored in OT to get within 1 the coach called a Wildcat for Foster. He ran to the left and nothing was there so ran back to the right where a WIDE OPEN (talking no coverage) receiver is standing at the goal line. All he has to do is flip the ball 10 yards and they win. Instead he tucks it, cuts back inside into 4-5 defenders, and dropped at the 2...game over, CV loses their #1 ranking

really selfish stuff. awful

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
I just can't imagine Foster going to Pitt. They are pathetic.
he is a kid VERY SURE of his ability and wants to play right away. Pitt has 2 of their top 3 (saddler, shanahan) WR graduating after this season while Bama have piled up the WR and ATH recruits. Don't doubt this will play strongly in his thinking.

remember, Pitt recently put both Jonathan Baldwin (from right up the road of where Foster lives) and Larry Fitzgerald into pros at WR. We've got Julio but Fitz isn't a bad recruiting tool and Baldwin (1st rounder) not too shabby.

Where Foster lives is right next to where both Baldwin and Revis are from (and Sean Gilbert, Tony Dorsett, and others before them). Other than Ty Law it's more or less a Pitt factory

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
well the worst of Foster came out last night. after his team scored in OT to get within 1 the coach called a Wildcat for Foster. He ran to the left and nothing was there so ran back to the right where a WIDE OPEN (talking no coverage) receiver is standing at the goal line. All he has to do is flip the ball 10 yards and they win. Instead he tucks it, cuts back inside into 4-5 defenders, and dropped at the 2...game over, CV loses their #1 ranking

:rolleyes:

there's a reason he's a WR and not a QB.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

How do u know he didn't see him? And we have rules on critcizing recruits

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
How do u know he didn't see him? And we have rules on critcizing recruits
ok, will give him that although if you saw the play it is impossible that he didn't see him. anyway, i'd have done the same thing if i was the most talented football player in PA :) ... i'm sure he wishes he had it back. he'll get another chance at Montour, likely for the regional title

Montour is their nemesis. last year Montour, in the playoffs, stopped them on the 1 to win the western PA title. these two teams will meet again in the AAA playoffs...guaranteed (well, they seem to always meet in title game anyway).

was a hell of a football game and Foster was fantastic as always. I think he only caught one quick screen pass but they don't throw a whole lot. Using him at wildcat with a recurring cramp for nearly all of 2H and having him almost single-handed beat the #3 team in class AAA is a testament to his talent.

still say he's Pitt-bound but either way i'll have fun watching him in college

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
all indications up north are foster is pretty much a lock to pittsburgh...unless his baby and his babys momma can find a way to tuscaloosa. also grades are still a problem

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I was hoping Pitt would continue to struggle like they did in first 2 games, but then they beat VaTech and can sell the whole "we're rebuilding now, but on right track" pitch to kids. I thought it'd be tough to pull a kid from so far away, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.