DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

This again? Yeah, in fairness it has been a whole week since we've discussed it.

Only ten months to NSD, folks. Enjoy.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sorry sanjose but I have to disagree. Bama NEEDS every great player we can get and he is one of them. How could we not NEED players of his
caliber? That is what Bama's staff brings in every year.
We didn't have many players of his caliber in 2008 or 2009. How did those 10 win seasons turn out?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Out of curiosity..This may be a stupid question(won't be my 1st..lol)..I don't keep up with recruiting like ya'll do..And I haven't read this entire thread(yup..lazy)..Anyways..Has he said immediate PT is a must..I ask because as good as he is now..We have Players that's been through "The Process" that are as good, if not better, than Robert right now..I just don't see him coming in & getting immediate PT..He'll have to wait his turn like the Players ahead of him???..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Out of curiosity..This may be a stupid question(won't be my 1st..lol)..I don't keep up with recruiting like ya'll do..And I haven't read this entire thread(yup..lazy)..Anyways..Has he said immediate PT is a must..I ask because as good as he is now..We have Players that's been through "The Process" that are as good, if not better, than Robert right now..I just don't see him coming in & getting immediate PT..He'll have to wait his turn like the Players ahead of him???..
Highly doubtful he'll have to wait.

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL

CNS has never been one to be much of a respecter of age or status. He doesn't care if you're a 5th year senior, walk on, or top recruit. If you help the team, have a good attitude, work hard, and keep it clean off the field then you play no matter who you are. So if RN wants immediate playing time, he just needs to do all the other things cus he could certainly help us no matter where he lines up.

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012

CNS has never been one to be much of a respecter of age or status. He doesn't care if you're a 5th year senior, walk on, or top recruit. If you help the team, have a good attitude, work hard, and keep it clean off the field then you play no matter who you are. So if RN wants immediate playing time, he just needs to do all the other things cus he could certainly help us no matter where he lines up.
exactly. Just look at what Vinnie Sunseri did this past year as a true freshman

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I understand that..Hubbard, Fanning, & the other DE's on the roster..Have had a year or two to mature in our S&C Program..That's why I don't think he'll come in & get PT right off the bat..The longer "The Process" is in place..Not unless graduation depletes a position..Freshmen will rarely play(no matter how good they are) their freshman year the longer "The Process" is in place..JMO

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I understand that..Hubbard, Fanning, & the other DE's on the roster..Have had a year or two to mature in our S&C Program..That's why I don't think he'll come in & get PT right off the bat..The longer "The Process" is in place..Not unless graduation depletes a position..Freshmen will rarely play(no matter how good they are) their freshman year the longer "The Process" is in place..JMO
Not sure what postion he will play in college, some think DE and some Jack. He said in an interview when Lance Thompson was hired that he is familiar with him since he was recruiting him for TN and would be his position coach at Bama which is LB. Robert is very talented and may be the most talented recruit we have ever landed (if he signs with us) and he may not start but will get meaningful snaps as a true freshman. BTW, Hubbard is a LB and not a DE.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Clowney would have seen the field as a true freshman if he was at UA. RN would probably start as a freshman. He is faster and stronger than JC was at this point not to mention more athletic. He is a freshman All American for whatever team he plays on and if you do not believe that go watch his film. He had 19 sacks, 78 tackles, almost 600yds rushing and 17TDs(including one he broke off for 81 yds in the state final). Consider those stats when he only played in the 1st half of all the regular season games to keep him healthy for the playoffs. Again he is only a junior but at 6'4 260+ and just ran a 4.56 40 he is a beast. Conn(HC) in a interview said think H Walker with 30 more pounds.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Not sure what postion he will play in college, some think DE and some Jack. He said in an interview when Lance Thompson was hired that he is familiar with him since he was recruiting him for TN and would be his position coach at Bama which is LB. Robert is very talented and may be the most talented recruit we have ever landed (if he signs with us) and he may not start but will get meaningful snaps as a true freshman. BTW, Hubbard is a LB and not a DE.
My bad about Hubbard..I thought he was a DE for some reason..

I would love to see Robert come in a play from the get-go..If he does..With the talent he would jump on our roster..He'd have to be near NFL ready coming in as a Freshmen..After watching his video..He looks NFL ready now..You guys think Foster will play from the get-go as well..

If we land him & Foster..That's got to be the best recruiting duo ever landed in one class(by any school)..

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

My bad about Hubbard..I thought he was a DE for some reason..

I would love to see Robert come in a play from the get-go..If he does..With the talent he would jump on our roster..He'd have to be near NFL ready coming in as a Freshmen..After watching his video..He looks NFL ready now..You guys think Foster will play from the get-go as well..

If we land him & Foster..That's got to be the best recruiting duo ever landed in one class(by any school)..
The sad part for all our rivals is yes Foster will start day one in my opinion and he is scheduled to be an EE.:)

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

With Foster being an EE I could see him impacting the LB core his freshmen year if not starting. He's that good. He would be a good addition to the KR/PR coverage as well hopefully causing lots of FFs

Seabass

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 25, 2011
Hayden, AL

My bad about Hubbard..I thought he was a DE for some reason..I would love to see Robert come in a play from the get-go..If he does..With the talent he would jump on our roster..He'd have to be near NFL ready coming in as a Freshmen..After watching his video..He looks NFL ready now..You guys think Foster will play from the get-go as well..If we land him & Foster..That's got to be the best recruiting duo ever landed in one class(by any school)..
Hubbard was a DE in high school, but has been playing as a LB since coming to UA. Maybe that's where the confusion came in.

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL

Hubbard was a DE in high school, but has been playing as a LB since coming to UA. Maybe that's where the confusion came in.
Well he also plays DE in nickel situations, putting his hand on the ground to rush. We tend to blur the line when it comes to DE and LB, especially on passing situations.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Well he also plays DE in nickel situations, putting his hand on the ground to rush. We tend to blur the line when it comes to DE and LB, especially on passing situations.
It is where he lines up but the terminology is still Jack LB. Courtney did it a lot but he was our Jack LB.

Seabass

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 25, 2011
Hayden, AL

Well said. I was just referring to his position relative to our roster, which lists him as a LB. It says a great deal about the versatility of a player and the complexity of a defense when there's that much flexibility. Just another reason to love coach Saban and appreciate the level of talent he rakes in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.