Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

If I could impart my accumulated wisdom to the young man, which of course is impossible to do, he would not go where his girlfriend enrolls.
    I guess maybe if she went to Bama then it would work out OK. Otherwise it won't.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    I just wish people would realize we're going to keep winning 10-14 games per year regardless of what this kid does.
    I completely agree, but I would still love to see what he could do in that Crimson jersey.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see where anyone said we wouldn't still win. He may be the top recruit in the country. This is a recruiting board.

Given how few post he has, I can see how BET might be surprised how often people talk about recruiting on a recruiting thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Wink Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

Originally Posted by BigEasyTider
    I just wish people would realize we're going to keep winning 10-14 games per year regardless of what this kid does.

Originally Posted by BM80
    completely agree

I cannot agree with that. How about 11-14. I just don't see our boys losing
    more than 2 games!!
    Last edited by 45longcolt; April 7th, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post

Originally Posted by BigEasyTider

Originally Posted by BM80
    completely agree

I cannot agree with that. How about 11-14. I just don't see our boys losing
    more than 2 games!!
    It sure would make it A LOT easier to reach those totals with him on board.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

the insatiable desire to improve is what makes champions champions. So, I don't see anything wrong with drooling over top recruits. yeah we'll probably win 11+ games without him... Heck we'll probably win another national title without him, but why be good when you can be great? and why be great when you can be legendary?

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmmiller711 View Post
    the insatiable desire to improve is what makes champions champions. So, I don't see anything wrong with drooling over top recruits. yeah we'll probably win 11+ games without him... Heck we'll probably win another national title without him, but why be good when you can be great? and why be great when you can be legendary?
    what he said....

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmmiller711 View Post
    It's not the drooling over recruits part that gets out of hand, but when folks act like a Robert Nkemdiche or a Jaboo Winston or a Keenan Allen type recruit will make or break the team. While all three are great athletes, none of them, or any other athlete that has caused one of the meltdowns, will determine the future of the Alabama Crimson Tide. When people act as though their lives depend on where a player signs or if a team should ever play football again because Player W didn't commit/sign with their school, the board gets ridiculous. That is what BET, others and myself get annoyed with. Folks feel the need to post because Player W tweeted that he farted in class, which obviously means he's not coming to Bama; that is when the recruiting process gets out of hand.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    It's not the drooling over recruits part that gets out of hand, but when folks act like a Robert Nkemdiche or a Jaboo Winston or a Keenan Allen type recruit will make or break the team. While all three are great athletes, none of them, or any other athlete that has caused one of the meltdowns, will determine the future of the Alabama Crimson Tide. When people act as though their lives depend on where a player signs or if a team should ever play football again because Player W didn't commit/sign with their school, the board gets ridiculous. That is what BET, others and myself get annoyed with. Folks feel the need to post because Player W tweeted that he farted in class, which obviously means he's not coming to Bama; that is when the recruiting process gets out of hand.
    Examples, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Examples, please.
    Jaboo Winston threads:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showt...=jaboo+winston

DGB:

Clowney thread:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showt...hlight=clowney

Those are examples of three players that had people freaking out.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

With all due respect, I see folks wanting to win recruiting battles just as much as they do the games. I don't see many folks tying the fate of the program to individual players.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree here and have said the same thing many a times with regards to certian recruits. Yes the players you mentioned would be great additions to our program but we will be fine without them. UA is not about 1 player it is about a team. People need to understand a program that recruits at our current level will miss on far more than we will sign. For every 5 star we sign we will probably miss on 10 more that many feel we have a legit shot at. The nature of the beast at this level.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone has associated one recruit being the end of the dynasty in college football for any program but when you follow recruiting heavily like some you get emotionally invested in certain recruits that you think your program has a good chance at getting and when it doesn't happen some get upset. I don't think they see the end of winning days but they are upset. BTW... Nkemdiche is going to get great in UA