DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

I agree with you but didn't hear it stated that way from his perspective in the interview linked above. Hopefully he meant it that way or our staff will see this video and set him straight.
I watched the video but didn't have any audio at work so didn't hear the way he said it. Sorry

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

dont leave out clemson as a sleeper. im starting to think this kid is more about draft position than winning. i understand that comes into play when deciding, but WINNING doesnt seem like a very big factor.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

dont leave out clemson as a sleeper. im starting to think this kid is more about draft position than winning. i understand that comes into play when deciding, but WINNING doesnt seem like a very big factor.
If he's worried about draft stock, why would he go to Clemson over Alabama?

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

If he's worried about draft stock, why would he go to Clemson over Alabama?
He is reportedly talking to some NFL personnel about how to improve his draft position. I hope he talks to the right people.....everyone knows how most NFL coaches feel about CNS coached players.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He is reportedly talking to some NFL personnel about how to improve his draft position. I hope he talks to the right people.....everyone knows how most NFL coaches feel about CNS coached players.
If that is the case, he should ask how Mr. Bowers did in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

No he did not go to LSU, Supposedly their sites are reporting June. On his way back from MSU where he helped to move in his friend who he lived with last year he stop in TTown. Word is he had lunch with Pruitt and Smart. Not sure how long he stayed.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

No he did not go to LSU, Supposedly their sites are reporting June. On his way back from MSU where he helped to move in his friend who he lived with last year he stop in TTown. Word is he had lunch with Pruitt and Smart. Not sure how long he stayed.
Probably just to reassure them that he's committing to UA :cool:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

1/2 the teams in the NFL run a 3-4 so it is a toss up on what D will better for him to play in. While the 3-4 is our primary D we also run a lot of 4-3 so it comes down to who will train him best and have him ready for the NFL. I think we know the obvious answer. Clemson can not be a consideration since they are ACC and he/we all know the competition level is not even close.

I am confident when Robert weighs all the plusses and minuses he will know we are the best fit for him and I expect him to be in Crimson next year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I was on the 247 Sports website and there was a tweet posted from Shea Dixon that said "Nkemdiche clearly favors LSU. He has concerns playing Jack in the 3-4 defense". I'm not sure who Dixon is and don't know how reliable the information is but thought I would post it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I was on the 247 Sports website and there was a tweet posted from Shea Dixon that said "Nkemdiche clearly favors LSU. He has concerns playing Jack in the 3-4 defense". I'm not sure who Dixon is and don't know how reliable the information is but thought I would post it.
Shea Dixon is a LSU 247 guy.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Nkemdiche isn't going to be a Jack at Alabama if he chooses us. He's going to play end and he'll dominate there. He's a prototype end in our 3-4 scheme. Jonathan Allen is going to be a Jack.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Shea Dixon only retweeted a quote from a guy on Bleacher Report. FWIW. So it is not directly from Dixon.

Barrett Sallee@BarrettSalleeRobert Nkemdiche clearly favors LSU and is concerned about playing Jack LB in a 3-4

He is one of BR bloggers so I give it no credit whatsoever and sort wonder why Dixon would even retweet it, except he has nothing else or info to give.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Nkemdiche isn't going to be a Jack at Alabama if he chooses us. He's going to play end and he'll dominate there. He's a prototype end in our 3-4 scheme. Jonathan Allen is going to be a Jack.
That's not what has been said about Robert and I don't think you are correct. He said Lance Thompson would be his coach and he is the OLB coach (Jack/Sam) and this is why he is questioning going to Bama/GA since we run 3-4 (there is a video a couple of pages back you may want to watch and he references Courtney Upshaw). Our DE's are more like tackles in a 4-3 scheme.

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

That's not what has been said about Robert and I don't think you are correct. He said Lance Thompson would be his coach and he is the OLB coach (Jack/Sam) and this is why he is questioning going to Bama/GA since we run 3-4 (there is a video a couple of pages back you may want to watch and he references Courtney Upshaw). Our DE's are more like tackles in a 4-3 scheme.
He weighs 280 pounds right now and will be near 300 in college. There's no way in hell he'll play Jack. That's way too big for the Jack position. He's going to end up being a down lineman. I don't know who told him he'll play Jack but that's not going to happen. I would be shocked if he played Jack if he picked Alabama. Jonathan Allen is our Jack of the future along with Dickson and Hubbard. I'm sure Saban will sit down and talk with him, smooth things over.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.