DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

He weighs 280 pounds right now and will be near 300 in college. There's no way in hell he'll play Jack. That's way too big for the Jack position. He's going to end up being a down lineman. I don't know who told him he'll play Jack but that's not going to happen. I would be shocked if he played Jack if he picked Alabama. Jonathan Allen is our Jack of the future along with Dickson and Hubbard. I'm sure Saban will sit down and talk with him, smooth things over.
He'll play whatever he wants to play............that is Standard Saban Policy. :cool:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He weighs 280 pounds right now and will be near 300 in college. There's no way in hell he'll play Jack. That's way too big for the Jack position. He's going to end up being a down lineman. I don't know who told him he'll play Jack but that's not going to happen. I would be shocked if he played Jack if he picked Alabama. Jonathan Allen is our Jack of the future along with Dickson and Hubbard. I'm sure Saban will sit down and talk with him, smooth things over.
Watch the video bro. Yes, it is possible he can play DE in our scheme but that is not what he is being told or being recruited as. I trust the words out of Nkemdiche's mouth more than your opinion. One of the best Jack LB's of all time is Willie McGinest of the New England Patriots, his size was 6' 5" 275 lbs. If Nkemdiche decides to come play Jack he will have to be discplined to keep his current weight. Remember Courtney played it a 270 lbs and played it quite well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Shea Dixon only retweeted a quote from a guy on Bleacher Report. FWIW. So it is not directly from Dixon.

Barrett Sallee@BarrettSalleeRobert Nkemdiche clearly favors LSU and is concerned about playing Jack LB in a 3-4

He is one of BR bloggers so I give it no credit whatsoever and sort wonder why Dixon would even retweet it, except he has nothing else or info to give.
I bet Barrett tweeted that in the first place because of RN's Bleacher Report video.

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL

Watch the video bro. Yes, it is possible he can play DE in our scheme but that is not what he is being told or being recruited as. I trust the words out of Nkemdiche's mouth more than your opinion. One of the best Jack LB's of all time is Willie McGinest of the New England Patriots, his size was 6' 5" 275 lbs. If Nkemdiche decides to come play Jack he will have to be discplined to keep his current weight. Remember Courtney played it a 270 lbs and played it quite well.
The dude asked him about playing jack and if that would matter. Robert didn't say anything about what was told to him specifically, but he seems to indicate that's where bama might want him. However, I seriously doubt that our coaches would LET him get away by being hard-lined about jack, and I'm sure they are not. Any team wants to give him freedom to rush the passer, but he has the fluidity to do much more than that, hence the jack focus. If he's hard set on being an end and the bama staff doesn't still pursue with 110% effort to make him an end (or at least let him work out there), then I'd really have doubts about the sanity of the staff. Since they're clearly not insane, I doubt this will ultimately be a problem. He won't decide for a while, so we'll decide how best to adjust the pursuit and keep him knowing that he's #1 on the board for DE or jack. He'll be reeled back in. We just have to give the staff time to allow their directive for landing this guy to work out. Yes, we run 4-3 just as often as 3-4 so whether he's end or jack he'll be on the field every down blowing people up. There's no loss for him. Here's hoping he'll come around...

Last edited:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

He will start at Jack. He is extremely athletic for his size. He may grow into a DE but we are recruiting him as a Jack.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Shea Dixon only retweeted a quote from a guy on Bleacher Report. FWIW. So it is not directly from Dixon.

Barrett Sallee@BarrettSalleeRobert Nkemdiche clearly favors LSU and is concerned about playing Jack LB in a 3-4

He is one of BR bloggers so I give it no credit whatsoever and sort wonder why Dixon would even retweet it, except he has nothing else or info to give.

IMO, Sallee has zero credibility. He is a big time AU homer and the few pieces I've read by him regarding Bama or AU are extremely biased. RN may be leaning towards LSU but I would not trust a word BS says.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

SMH.....

Oh well, not the end of the world. We'll definitely win more here than he will at Clemson, that's FOR SURE. Would have been a great get though. Still don't understand it though......lol

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Quick, somebody remind Robert that Da'Quan Bowers went lower in the draft (2nd rd pick 51) then Upshaw (2nd rd pick 35). (Yes I know, health issues was the reason why Bowers dropped in his draft.)

If RN sticks with Clemson, and at this point I am 50/50 on whether he will or not, then they got a great one. But one thing for sure if Bama has another great year and Clemson doesn't.............things should change. But until then.........not worrying about RN.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Quick, somebody remind Robert that Da'Quan Bowers went lower in the draft (2nd rd pick 51) then Upshaw (2nd rd pick 35). (Yes I know, health issues was the reason why Bowers dropped in his draft.)

If RN sticks with Clemson, and at this point I am 50/50 on whether he will or not, then they got a great one. But one thing for sure if Bama has another great year and Clemson doesn't.............things should change. But until then.........not worrying about RN.[/QUOT

Every kid and family must make their own decision. His teammates started stacking up at Clemson. He likes the coaching staff. If he ever once said we were the favorite I never read it.

If this sticks, so be it. At least we don't have to play him every year. Good luck to him.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Every kid and family must make their own decision. His teammates started stacking up at Clemson. He likes the coaching staff. If he ever once said we were the favorite I never read it.

If this sticks, so be it. At least we don't have to play him every year. Good luck to him.
Agreed. I am not upset in the least about RN but then again I agree with the sentiment that it isn't over. Either way, I'm not sweating about his decision now.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Well, word is his father isn't on board. If that's the case we know this is far from over. I'm not giving up on Saban, but if this sticks I'd rather he be at Clemson than LSU.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Two things nothing has came from him just sources also hearing that his father doesn't approve imagine that.

68wRTR

All-SEC
Aug 19, 2007
Morris, AL

Why Clemson? ACC VS SEC, no comparison. Maybe they promised immediate playing time? Reminds me of Dequan Bowers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.