DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
This is awfully early from somebody like RN to commit to a school like Clemson. If I was a Clemson fan, I would be estatic about the verbal but I would also be scared to death because he can change his mind (snaps) just like that.
This exactly also always beware if nothing is coming directly from the player. Also walker is in Tuscaloosa right now. Will not have an effect on rn but bringing good news

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

just a young man got caught in the moment. Let him get home, talk to his family. Calm down. Then make a decision. He needs us just as we need him. Daquan Bowers with clemson should be a good reminder
I don't know the accuracy, but I heard today that his dad has decamped back to Nigeria, where his mom has been for some time. If that be true, then his support structure may come back to the coach he's lived with part time, and assorted other adults, some maybe with an ax to grind. If true, there may be some floundering around. I don't think it's over by any means. Remember how many thought Calloway and Cyrus were done deals for AU...

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

It's not a waste if he feels that this is the right decision. He has to do what's best for him, and if he's happy there then there is no waste at all. I would have loved to see him come to us, and I still hope we can pull him away, but to say that it is a waste is very premature.
It's a waste that a talent like this has commited to Clemson. He is extremely talented, but he will not get the the coaching at Clemson that he will get at Alabama and their defense is a joke. Clemson has been getting talent for years and they never do anything with it. If he goes to Clemson it's clearly a waste.

If this is what he wants to do more power to him. I hope he's happy. I won't lose any sleep over it. Alabama will win with him. Alabama will win without him.

Last edited:

YellowhammerLA

3rd Team
Jan 14, 2007

If I was a Clemson fan, I would be estatic about the verbal but I would also be scared to death...
This.

Have faith in the man who took all the fun out of the process for all of us.

For what it's worth, I still think the kid picks us.

And if he doesn't, so what? He'll end up like countless others just like him -- watching Alabama football on TV, wishing he had pulled a different trigger.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

I can see this changing as we can probably expect some of our committed players may change. It's still 6 months until signing day. One thing that does bother me is the "what a waste". It wasn't that long ago folks that they said the same thing about recruits coming to Bama. If he likes Clemson and wants to play for them, good luck to him. Do we think he can do better, of course, we're all homers here. :wink:

socalbamafan

1st Team
Aug 14, 2007

I can see this changing as we can probably expect some of our committed players may change. It's still 6 months until signing day. One thing that does bother me is the "what a waste". It wasn't that long ago folks that they said the same thing about recruits coming to Bama. If he likes Clemson and wants t.
If RN wants to go to clemson, more power to him, good luck young man. Let's consider. His best friend since childhood commits 2 days ago and his girlfriend is going to clemson, not a big surprise

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I don't care if this sounds like sour grapes. Somethings been fishy at Clemson for a long time. They're a team with half the history of Georgia Tech, yet they recruit like they're Florida State.

They've done this for the better part of a decade. CJ Spiller, DeQuan Bowers, Sammy Watkins, Tony Steward, Mike Bellamy, Stephone Anthony, Robert Nkemdiche, are all 5-star guys with no connection to the school that have ended up playing there.

I'd just like to remind Robert IT'S CLEMSON. You just picked one of the ugliest girls at school to take to prom. I wouldn't be this flustered if he had picked Michigan, or Oklahoma, or USC. But Clemson? C'mon.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

I don't know the accuracy, but I heard today that his dad has decamped back to Nigeria, where his mom has been for some time. If that be true, then his support structure may come back to the coach he's lived with part time, and assorted other adults, some maybe with an ax to grind. If true, there may be some floundering around. I don't think it's over by any means. Remember how many thought Calloway and Cyrus were done deals for AU...
Actually my understanding is he has not left for Nigeria yet and on Clemson boards they seem a little worried that his father is not happy with the commitment. Not saying his father will not allow but he was suppose to talk with his father beofre making the decision. Also an insider on another board said that his HC Conn who he will stay with in the fall has not talk to RN or Dabo. And seems to not be very happy about how this has went down.

The only surprise for me is RN loves attention and still has not posted one thing on his twitter about the commitment. Yet is still posting other trivial things. I am not saying that RN will not end up at Clemson but I will be curious how this may end up once he returns home today from Clemson.

The only funny thing out of all this is reading the Clemson boards an dhow they are so full of themselves. I understand he is a great get, but for them to assume he is a lock all the way to NSD is funny. If he would have commited to UA we would have been sweating this all the way to NSD. But they seem to think he will no where else.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Commits to Clemson

RN has decided for time being on Clemson. Oh well, guess he wants to go the easy route. Clemson goes to the Orange Bowl once in a generation and gets 70 put on them. Good luck to him.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

It's a waste that a talent like this has commited to Clemson. He is extremely talented, but he will not get the the coaching at Clemson that he will get at Alabama and their defense is a joke. Clemson has been getting talent for years and they never do anything with it. If he goes to Clemson it's clearly a waste.

If this is what he wants to do more power to him. I hope he's happy. I won't lose any sleep over it. Alabama will win with him. Alabama will win without him.
when i think of Clemson and the talent they do get, i am reminded of the quote "hard work beats talent everyday of the week, when talent doesn't want to work hard" if anybody thinks that Clemson will be every year what it was last year they are mistaken. Dabo is not a good head coach

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Personally, I wish him luck. History has shown us time and again that a lot can change before NSD, etiher for or against us. Bama can't get them all, but they will get more than their share. And the ones that Bama will get, barring any unfortunate events, will be coached and developed up a status that will have them playing as great as the top position players in the nation. I believe in what, and how, CNS is doing at Bama. And I haven't felt like this since a certain 'Bear' walked the sidelines. If RN changes his mind and wants to play at Bama, great. If not...I hate it, but CNS will have someone at that position playing as well, if not better, that what RN would have brought to the game. IMHO.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I lived there for 12 years...have one son who graduated from there. It is a wonderful school, great support from the fans, and great academic support. Their one issue is not being able to replace Danny Ford -- and they think they have with Dabo. This is immediate playing time and an atmosphere not quite as stressful as Bama. I have nothing but the best wishes for him...would have liked to have seen him in Crimson, but this Tiger Orange isn't bad.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I think this was just another instance of RN getting overly excited about a school at a visit. It seems every school he visits becomes his favorite for a few days. Like many on here, I think we need to let it settle for a few days and see what comes out from his HC and dad. I'm sure all the schools pull out ALL the stops to get RN to commit. Dabo is a great recruiter and Clemson is a fine school. Great academics. Beautiful campus. A lot of emotion when his bf and gf commit to go there. I think someone will talk some logical sense and help him realize he has to do what is best for him. Chances are he will get more girlfriends in college. And you can still be best friends at different schools. Sometimes, you have to think about what is the best decision yourself. If that be Clemson, great. But let it be for the right reasons, not because someone else is going there.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I don't care if this sounds like sour grapes. Somethings been fishy at Clemson for a long time. They're a team with half the history of Georgia Tech, yet they recruit like they're Florida State.

They've done this for the better part of a decade. CJ Spiller, DeQuan Bowers, Sammy Watkins, Tony Steward, Mike Bellamy, Stephone Anthony, Robert Nkemdiche, are all 5-star guys with no connection to the school that have ended up playing there.

I'd just like to remind Robert IT'S CLEMSON. You just picked one of the ugliest girls at school to take to prom. I wouldn't be this flustered if he had picked Michigan, or Oklahoma, or USC. But Clemson? C'mon.
Clemson has had their share of high profile recruits in the past but they never have enough put them past average. It's a small pond and some players like being "the guy" too much to come to come to the SEC and be part of something bigger. I'm not saying that's why he made the decision he did, but it's probably a factor for many big time stars who choose a place like Clemson

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Let me get this straight... Robert hasn't said anything publicly about a commitment to Clemson. His coach nor his father have talked to him about the commitment. So why are all the recruiting sites saying he committed to Clemson?

And like others have said, this one won't be over until someone from Grayson High School dials up a college's fax number.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Actually my understanding is he has not left for Nigeria yet and on Clemson boards they seem a little worried that his father is not happy with the commitment. Not saying his father will not allow but he was suppose to talk with his father beofre making the decision. Also an insider on another board said that his HC Conn who he will stay with in the fall has not talk to RN or Dabo. And seems to not be very happy about how this has went down.

The only surprise for me is RN loves attention and still has not posted one thing on his twitter about the commitment. Yet is still posting other trivial things. I am not saying that RN will not end up at Clemson but I will be curious how this may end up once he returns home today from Clemson.

The only funny thing out of all this is reading the Clemson boards an dhow they are so full of themselves. I understand he is a great get, but for them to assume he is a lock all the way to NSD is funny. If he would have commited to UA we would have been sweating this all the way to NSD. But they seem to think he will no where else.
Good to hear, since the dad has basically been in UA's corner...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I believe they signed five 5* players last year alone. I need to put this delicately, but Dabo cut his baby teeth under the most corrupt regime Bama has ever seen, really the only one. I know some things from that era that make me very uncomfortable. I would pull out the stops and do everything on earth I could to prevent Dabo's return to Bama as a head coach. I wouldn't feel that way as an assistant, should he get terminated at Clemson. CNS tried to hire him twice and CNS has proven that he, unlike Dubose, can control his assistants and keep them out of trouble, (or getting us into trouble)...

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Personally, I wish him luck. History has shown us time and again that a lot can change before NSD, etiher for or against us. Bama can't get them all, but they will get more than their share. And the ones that Bama will get, barring any unfortunate events, will be coached and developed up a status that will have them playing as great as the top position players in the nation. I believe in what, and how, CNS is doing at Bama. And I haven't felt like this since a certain 'Bear' walked the sidelines. If RN changes his mind and wants to play at Bama, great. If not...I hate it, but CNS will have someone at that position playing as well, if not better, that what RN would have brought to the game. IMHO.
I feel the same way, and I highlighted the key part. There is no sense in getting bitter about it.

Dplymkr88

Suspended
Oct 25, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA

Good luck to him, wish he had decided to come to Bama but we'll be ok either way. Good to know that there is a guy at the helm that can coach players up. Top talent is great but give me Nick any day of the week.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Clemson: where great talent goes to never accomplish anything and get drafted on their pure talent out of high school alone.

This isn't go to stick...but I guess it's preferable to choosing an SEC school other than Bama where his full potential could be developed.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.