DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Robert Nkemdiche update, plus early list of some of Georgia's top juniors

That Twitter account has a lot of LSU followers and follows LSU people. Other than that, looks legit. Not real sure about it though.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

That Twitter account has a lot of LSU followers and follows LSU people. Other than that, looks legit. Not real sure about it though.
I would think that him wearing Bama clothing to school would be more meaningful than a little teasing tweet.:cool:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

robert nkemdiche@electus_1
lsu boi !! geaux tigers!

-Robert Nkemdiche's last tweet on twitter :/
Not cool...
is that his real twitter?
yea it is...got to get him away from them and focused on bama football

If I were Robert I'd have a little fun with some of the tweet stalkers.;)

No matter what he tweets somebody will interpret it for the rest of us.
:BigA:

JBAMMER334

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2012
Prattville, Al

Quote:
...Nkemdiche liked his visit to UGA. He didn’t like it enough yet to include the Bulldogs in his top five of Alabama, Oregon, LSU, Florida and Florida State. But it appeared that UGA gained some ground.

“It went good,” Nkemdiche told the AJC. “They showed me around campus, and I got to talk with Coach Grantham, Coach Richt and the running backs coach. They basically showed me that they have a good academic program to better me after college in case I don’t make it to the league, and they talked to me about coming in and playing as a freshman.”

The 6-foot-5, 270-pound DE from Grayson High School said the UGA coach Mark Richt made a favorable impression. “He’s a good guy, a Christian leader, and just an all-around good guy … Coach Richt and the other coaches, they said that if I get there, I can get in as a freshman and be done in three years.”

Does UGA have a chance of cracking Nkemdiche’s top five? “They made a good boost on that. I’m not sure yet about the top five, but they’re in the mix. I will keep talking to them.”...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I know one thing that helped us sway TJ Yeldon was the fact that Auburn was making promises at the expense to other players. Sounds like Richt is doing the same. First, Crowell and know Robert...

The 6-foot-5, 270-pound DE from Grayson High School said the UGA coach Mark Richt made a favorable impression. “He’s a good guy, a Christian leader, and just an all-around good guy … Coach Richt and the other coaches, they said that if I get there, I can get in as a freshman and be done in three years.”

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

UGA getting desperate

RadiNabulsiRadi Nabulsi ESPN

Here is a new twist in #UGA's recruitment of Robert Nkemdiche: he will get to play running back. 6-foot-4 265 lbs. http://insider.espn.go.com/colleges/georgia/football/recruiting/story/_/id/7567945/georgia-bulldogs-entertain-top-state-2013-prospect-teammates
Wow. That is totally desperate. And still he is not sure if they are in his top 5. You think Robert sees they are desperate:cool:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Wow. That is totally desperate. And still he is not sure if they are in his top 5. You think Robert sees they are desperate:cool:
From what I gathered UGA has really pestered him about coming up for a visit and he finally said ok. Not like they do not have another Jday coming up.

The RB thing reminds me of FSU and Wilder except he wanted to play RB.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009

I know one thing that helped us sway TJ Yeldon was the fact that Auburn was making promises at the expense to other players. Sounds like Richt is doing the same. First, Crowell and know Robert...
Not surprised the golden boy Richt is using that tactic, but it's hopeless with Nkemdiche. If ever there was a "three year player" it's him. Barring injury, I couldn't see any D-1 program redshirting him, and he is very bright and obviously knows this.

Interesting that Carvell says Robert 'repeatedly denies' he is a secret commit to Bama, but he doesn't quote him on it even though he has several other direct quotes from him in his story. Reading between the lines I'd guess Carvell had enough sense not to ask him directly even though that would have made a great pro-dawg quote for him. But if he had asked if he was committed to Bama, Robert might have said yes and made it official, and trust me he does not want to break that news.

What I took away from the story is that despite putting the full court press on him after a visit with their staff, the dawgs STILL are not in his top 5? That leads me to believe the rumors that he hates uga may be true. Lets hope so.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Not surprised the golden boy Richt is using that tactic, but it's hopeless with Nkemdiche. If ever there was a "three year player" it's him. Barring injury, I couldn't see any D-1 program redshirting him, and he is very bright and obviously knows this.

Interesting that Carvell says Robert 'repeatedly denies' he is a secret commit to Bama, but he doesn't quote him on it even though he has several other direct quotes from him in his story. Reading between the lines I'd guess Carvell had enough sense not to ask him directly even though that would have made a great pro-dawg quote for him. But if he had asked if he was committed to Bama, Robert might have said yes and made it official, and trust me he does not want to break that news.

What I took away from the story is that despite putting the full court press on him after a visit with their staff, the dawgs STILL are not in his top 5? That leads me to believe the rumors that he hates uga may be true. Lets hope so.
There is little doubt that Robert knows about the NFL coaches ranting about the readiness of Bama players coming into the league after 3 years. He will go pro after 3 years regardless of where he goes but will garner more respect from NFL coaches coming from a Saban/Smart coached defense.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

If this latest ploy by UGA is true I'm even more confident we sign him....But I must be honest -- I hope, in a way, that he continues to delay his public commitment. This will FORCE Richt to devote precious resources to a losing cause....

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Why would they think he would even want to play RB? He has much more potential for a massive pay day at DE. DE's go high in the draft and along with OT and cover corners are the most coveted position outside of QB. Rb are pretty much a dime a dozen unless you have an exceptional talent.

If I were him this just wouldn't make sense to me.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The best DL prospect in a long while: WE'LL PROMISE HIM SNAPS ON OFFENSE TO WOO HIM.

They must really feel like they're on the outside looking in.

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008

I love how so many UGA fans that follow recruiting are over the top Christians of late. They were calling for Richt's head en masse last year and now they are praying that RN makes the right choice and goes with the man of God at UGA as opposed to the evil devil worshiper at Bama. Stuff like this makes following recruiting sickening.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa

I just realized that RN is from the same school as former Tide player Lorenzo Washington.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.