DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Commits to Clemson

Doesn't matter. No kid should be dictating what the Head Coach should do.

If true, then Nkemdiche is out of the picture unless he wants to make it on his own. If those other guys are ANY good, they will get schollies based on their own merits.

Either way, we will be fine! :cool2:
This X 10!!! If this is the case, of RN, being a "packaged" deal, then to heck with that!!!! He owuld have been a good one for us but CNS has recruited and coached at suck a high level that we will be just fine... RTR!!!

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I once heard Coach Saban say no one will dictate what WE do. It was a different circumstance but the same message nonetheless. That's what I expect from him and if most fans were honest they'd want the same from their coach.

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010

Its okay... with that mindset, RN wont get very far. Also, imo Rueben Foster should be the clear #1 player in the country. We will win championships with Foster--he will be the centerpiece of our defense.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Are those three any good? If they have some potential and are "4*" players, that's probably fine. But if they are only slightly better than some of the walk-on here, then it's a price too high to pay.
CNS doesn't do package deals. Everyone thought Lester was a package deal to get JJ. Turns out he was a multi-year starter and 2 time national champ (plus being All-SEC and leading the country in picks as a sophomore). If RN was trying to get 3 other teammates a scholarship offer, that is being a good friend (possibly to his own detriment), but he couldn't realistically believe CNS would go for it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

CNS doesn't do package deals. Everyone thought Lester was a package deal to get JJ. Turns out he was a multi-year starter and 2 time national champ (plus being All-SEC and leading the country in picks as a sophomore). If RN was trying to get 3 other teammates a scholarship offer, that is being a good friend (possibly to his own detriment), but he couldn't realistically believe CNS would go for it.
All the other players Clemson has commitments from are 3-star players. Clemson is ranked fairly low by Rivals IIRC even with the Nkemdiche commitment.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

CNS doesn't do package deals. Everyone thought Lester was a package deal to get JJ. .
I still remember the ESPN high school game which featured Julio coming away in awe of Robert and was glad when we got his verbal.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

What about Dareus and his brother? That is the only one I can think of that might have been a package deal. His brother never made it campus and Dareus won us a national title so I think it worked out decent for us haha.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

What about Dareus and his brother? That is the only one I can think of that might have been a package deal. His brother never made it campus and Dareus won us a national title so I think it worked out decent for us haha.
We knew his brother would never make it campus. It was basically a show for his family.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

RN is delusional if he thinks CNS would take 3 others to get his commitment.

Keenan Allen became a package deal with his brother. Now he's a great talent at CAL, not on TV, and winning 6 games a year is a weak conference.

Meanwhile, we're winning 2 out of 3 NC without him and placing 4 players a year in the first round of the NFL draft. Terrible decision on his part.

I'm glad CNS passed on RN. We're better off with a top 30ish DL and 3 other high 4 star players that fit needs, than RN and 3 guys that'll never touch the field.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Remember Keenan Allen? He had verbally committed to Bama, and later said only if we gave a scholly to his brother and another friend. We all know how that turned out for him. No player is bigger than the program. If Dabo did make this deal,he has no control or say so for RN. Other players will pick up on this and he'll lose control of his team.

I really wanted RN to come to Alabama, now not so much. CNS will move on and continue the process.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

If Dabo did make this deal,he has no control or say so for RN. Other players will pick up on this and he'll lose control of his team.
I think the other players in the package deal will probably be decent additions to Clemson's recruiting class, ours not so much...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Don't believe I had the opportunity to comment on Nkemdiche earlier, so two points to be made:

(1) I tried to tell you guys for months this would turn into an outright circus.

(2) I literally laughed out loud when I saw that he had committed to Clemson. Sonny and Cher have a better chance of getting back together than Clemson does of holding onto Nkemdiche until Signing Day.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Don't believe I had the opportunity to comment on Nkemdiche earlier, so two points to be made:

(1) I tried to tell you guys for months this would turn into an outright circus.

(2) I literally laughed out loud when I saw that he had committed to Clemson. Sonny and Cher have a better chance of getting back together than Clemson does of holding onto Nkemdiche until Signing Day.
Article yesterday said that RN has already been in touch with our staff. We will see if Dabo keeps his word. Apparantly according to all Clemson fans he will and that if a players commits but takes a visit after he will not have an offer afterwards. It did happen tto M Lane last year but I doubt he would do it to RN.

krfuquamd

Jun 23, 2012
A, A

Interesting reading the bama perspective on the recruitment of Nkemdiche. I have no idea if we hold on to him but when it comes to closing the deal there are not many better than CDS. We'll see. Go Tigers!!

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

As much as I love reading the discussions on here, I am going to have to criticize this one. Over the past few pages, people are thrashing RN just because he felt that Clemson was the best fit. IF RN decided to commit to Bama, we would be showering him with love and support. Guys, we need to be fair here; if he felt Clemson was the place for him then so be it. Support him and his decision to attend Clemson. Dont bash him, saying that "we didnt want him anyway," or "he's immature." Reality check: we would have loved to have RN on the team and HE is making a decision based on what HE feels is right. Its not immature. Whenever someone commits somewhere other than Bama we bash them. Not everyone looks through the same crimson glasses as us. Sorry for getting on my soap box but I felt I had to get it out there. Roll Tide!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Interesting reading the bama perspective on the recruitment of Nkemdiche. I have no idea if we hold on to him but when it comes to closing the deal there are not many better than CNS. We'll see. Go Tigers!!
Welcome to the board.

FIFY

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Interesting reading the bama perspective on the recruitment of Nkemdiche. I have no idea if we hold on to him but when it comes to closing the deal there are not many better than CDS. We'll see. Go Tigers!!
the real question though will Dabo hold Rn to the same standard as other recruits. Meaning is he going to have an issue if and when RN decides to take other visits this fall. Especially to UA or LSU. Just curious. My guess is he will have no choice when it comes to the #1 player in the country.

And BTW if RN believes Clemson is the best fit I hope he gets everything is dreams out of it. Good luck to him.:pDT_Aliboronz_24:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

As Airborne pointed out, his brother wasn't going to come close academically. It was a sign and place type of deal at best. That was also when we could sign as many as we wanted as long as class was only 25. With the new SEC rules regarding how many players a team can even sign (regardless of whether or not they have a chance of making it to campus), CNS is even less likely now to do any type of deal like that.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

As much as I love reading the discussions on here, I am going to have to criticize this one. Over the past few pages, people are thrashing RN just because he felt that Clemson was the best fit. IF RN decided to commit to Bama, we would be showering him with love and support. Guys, we need to be fair here; if he felt Clemson was the place for him then so be it. Support him and his decision to attend Clemson. Dont bash him, saying that "we didnt want him anyway," or "he's immature." Reality check: we would have loved to have RN on the team and HE is making a decision based on what HE feels is right. Its not immature. Whenever someone commits somewhere other than Bama we bash them. Not everyone looks through the same crimson glasses as us. Sorry for getting on my soap box but I felt I had to get it out there. Roll Tide!
Srsly?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.