DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

krfuquamd

Jun 23, 2012
A, A
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Commits to Clemson

the real question though will Dabo hold Rn to the same standard as other recruits. Meaning is he going to have an issue if and when RN decides to take other visits this fall. Especially to UA or LSU. Just curious. My guess is he will have no choice when it comes to the #1 player in the country.

And BTW if RN believes Clemson is the best fit I hope he gets everything is dreams out of it. Good luck to him.:pDT_Aliboronz_24:
I believe he will view him as uncommitted at that point, if RN indeed visits another school. That doesn't mean he won't continue to recruit him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I believe he will view him as uncommitted at that point, if RN indeed visits another school. That doesn't mean he won't continue to recruit him.
If that is Dabo's policy, I hope he doesn't recruit committed players.

krfuquamd

Jun 23, 2012
A, A

If that is Dabo's policy, I hope he doesn't recruit committed players.
My understanding is he continues to recruit players who have verbally committed to a school IF they are continuing to visit other schools. He views that as a non-commitment. CDS is an excellent recruiter and I believe he often talks kids out of committing unless they are "all in". He has in the past ceased recruiting a player who verbally committed, a which point we are full at that position, but then went on another visit. Case in point Marlin Lane. His thoughts of a commitment often fly in the face of what I think alot of kids view it as today which is who do I like best right now.
I'm interested in what Alabama folks think of CDS. After all he is an Alabama man. Seems some on here have suggested things about him and his recruiting, unethical things. Unsubstantiated of course but we all are free to express our opinions. Just wondered what the overall feeling was. We at Clemson have always worried that if he is ultimately a success as a a HC that Alabama would be the one place we would have to worry about him leaving for.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

My understanding is he continues to recruit players who have verbally committed to a school IF they are continuing to visit other schools. He views that as a non-commitment. CDS is an excellent recruiter and I believe he often talks kids out of committing unless they are "all in". He has in the past ceased recruiting a player who verbally committed, a which point we are full at that position, but then went on another visit. Case in point Marlin Lane. His thoughts of a commitment often fly in the face of what I think alot of kids view it as today which is who do I like best right now.
I'm interested in what Alabama folks think of CDS. After all he is an Alabama man. Seems some on here have suggested things about him and his recruiting, unethical things. Unsubstantiated of course but we all are free to express our opinions. Just wondered what the overall feeling was. We at Clemson have always worried that if he is ultimately a success as a a HC that Alabama would be the one place we would have to worry about him leaving for.
IF Bama was looking for a HC right now, I don't think you'd have anything to worry about.

BTW, using the term "all in" around here may get you banned. :wink:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You're probably referring to my remarks. I pointed out that he was an integral and important part of the Dubose regime which got Bama a disastrous probation and penalties. I know what and whom he did it with, and that's the reason I would move heaven and earth to keep him from returning to Bama as a head coach. You can say "unsubstantiated" (as of today) if you wish. You're a rival fan and you don't have to accept my word on anything. However, if you hang around much, you'll see that the great majority of members here take me at my word...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Robert Nkemdiche is one player that Dabo should allow to take visits. Think about the other top name players that got interested in Clemson after Robert committed. By allowing him to take visits, Dabo has a recruiter at other schools to be in other players' ears.

As Earle said, the majority of posters on this site think very highly of his knowledge. And don't worry... Dabo wouldn't be considered to be Bama's next head coach.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Kirby Smart will be Bama's next Head Coach...............:cool2:

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

Robert Nkemdiche is one player that Dabo should allow to take visits. Think about the other top name players that got interested in Clemson after Robert committed. By allowing him to take visits, Dabo has a recruiter at other schools to be in other players' ears.

As Earle said, the majority of posters on this site think very highly of his knowledge. And don't worry... Dabo wouldn't be considered to be Bama's next head coach.
Need I mention Jackie er what was that name....:rolleyes:

krfuquamd

Jun 23, 2012
A, A

How long before someone offers the QB transferring from Miss. St.?? Based on what I've read here don't have to worry about CNS doing that right?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/...chuessler-perkins-will-not-be-on-2012-roster/

This will be beyond interesting if he ends up at Clemson. He'd basically sit out a year and then be eligible to play once the Grayson crew gets there.
From the link:

Schuessler’s departure will make waves on the recruiting circuit because of his close relationship with defensive end Robert Nkemdiche, the No. 1 prospect in the country. Nkemdiche, at one time, lived with Schuessler in Loganville, Ga., where the two played high school football together last season. We chronicled their relationship in the Clarion-Ledger in the spring.

Nkemdiche, who recently committed to Clemson, will be a senior this season at Grayson High.
Is he the one that Robert went on a MSU visit with causing folks to think the only reason was to get Schuessler an offer?

krfuquamd

Jun 23, 2012
A, A

Apparently he has indicated an intention to apply for entrance to Clemson for this fall. If accepted he plans to enroll in school there. He was offered a grayshirt by CDS when he accepted the schollie to Miss St. He says he is coming to Clemson with or without a scholarship and has not talked to CDS about whether he will get a scholarship or not. Will have to sit out a year regardless. Interesting though for sure. Frankly if we give this guy a scholarship prior to his earning one via coming in as a walk on I will not be happy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.