DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Commits to Clemson

From an early age, kids must be taught boundaries. They do it by pushing up against them, then seeking if they still stand. Alabama has boundaries. Other schools?

Funny thing, with Crowell bounced out of UGA, it didn't take long for his 1-star best friend to no longer have a spot in Athens. Wonder what Mark Richt thinks about offering heaven and earth to get the "missing man?" he's missing all right.

Good luck to Grayson North.
Who did Richt bounce when Crowell was let go? :cool2:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Unbelieveable to just spit it out in print like that. Good luck hanging on Clemson, I can just see the threat of transfer looming over your school for the next few years to come. An aside thought, what if he doesn't pan out? Clemson has invested 4 scholarships on one player, would Dabo lose his job?

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

This is just crazy - does RN want half of his HS team at Clemson? The term "black-mail" comes to mind. But, it wouldn't surprise me for CDS to give in and give an offer to the safety.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This is getting unreal. Did he really go public with that? Clemson fans should be irate about it. Robert is playing Dabo in order to get his "boys" with him in college. This isn't like Winston/Ragland/Alexander or Reuben Foster and his friends talking about wanting to play together. This is a 17 year old boy saying he'll go to a school if they continue to offer his high school teammates.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

Yeah, I just saw this article, good luck with that one Clemson. The kid is a great talent but next thing you know he'll want his uncle to be brought on as the new defensive coordinator.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA

The link in post #457 is quite interesting.

I suspect Robert N. and his posse will be a handfull for whichever coaching staff is "blessed" with their presence...

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

I don't really see the big deal here. If the guy has some many teams falling over themselves to sign him and he can get a scholly for his buddy out of it, why not see if you can get one for him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I don't really see the big deal here. If the guy has some many teams falling over themselves to sign him and he can get a scholly for his buddy out of it, why not see if you can get one for him.
If Nkemdiche switches at the last minute, Dabo is going to be in a VERY awkward situation in regards to the rest of the posse.......:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The deal here is the fact that he is essentially demanding Clemson offer a teammate of his that doesn't seem to be that deserving of a big time offer, which would be the second teammate Clemson has done this with. If Clemson doesn't offer this player, Robert is threatening to decommit and get Hugh Freeze to sell his soul in order to get Robert.

It was nice to see RN get some of his buds some big time offers a few months ago. It appeared then that it was Robert using his popularity to get these teammates offers knowing that the schools hoped for his commitment. Now that he has publicly requested Clemson offer one more teammate, he's getting out of hand.

What if Dabo doesn't draw the line? What message does that send to current recruits and players? Or fans? Then, we have to ask what happens if Dabo does draw the line?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

The deal here is the fact that he is essentially demanding Clemson offer a teammate of his that doesn't seem to be that deserving of a big time offer, which would be the second teammate Clemson has done this with. If Clemson doesn't offer this player, Robert is threatening to decommit and get Hugh Freeze to sell his soul in order to get Robert.

It was nice to see RN get some of his buds some big time offers a few months ago. It appeared then that it was Robert using his popularity to get these teammates offers knowing that the schools hoped for his commitment. Now that he has publicly requested Clemson offer one more teammate, he's getting out of hand.

What if Dabo doesn't draw the line? What message does that send to current recruits and players? Or fans? Then, we have to ask what happens if Dabo does draw the line?

It's HIS program, just sit back and watch how that works out for him. :cool:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The No. 1 college football prospect in the nation says his commitment to Clemson is a “done deal” if the Tigers offer one more of his Grayson High School teammates, safety Ryan Carter.

“I am waiting on Clemson to offer Ryan; when that happens, it’s locked … it’s a done deal … it’s over,” Robert Nkemdiche told the AJC.

Nkemdiche says the primary reason he picked Clemson over LSU and Alabama, among others, was because the Tigers already had commitments from his two his Grayson teammates, RB Wayne Gallman and DB David Kamara. Also, earlier this week, former Grayson QB Nick Schuessler decided to give up his football scholarship to Mississippi State to be a preferred walk-on at Clemson (Nkemdiche has lived with Schuessler’s family at times).

The only person missing in the Grayson-to-Clemson pipeline is Ryan Carter, according to Nkemdiche.
Hate to be the one who claims he told you so, but I tried to warn you guys months ago that this one would turn into an absolute circus. With the amount of praise being thrown his way and the way this kid was being deified there was just no other real alternative. Just entirely too much for a seventeen year old kid to handle properly. You almost have to feel a bit sorry for the kid, really.

Either way, I think it's clear this kid is absolutely radioactive at this point, and any smart program should not touch him with a ten foot pole. For our sake, I hope we just completely shut down our recruitment of him altogether.

We've seen some real circuses the past ten or fifteen years in recruiting ... Willie Williams, Bryce and Arthur Brown, Terrellle Pryor, Keenan Allen, etc . If this one keeps up,though, he's going to make all of these seem like the epitome of recruiting-done-right.

Admittedly he's got all of the talent in the world, but he's approaching his transition into college football the same way you get all of your buddies together to play Halo on Xbox Live, and it just doesn't work that way on Saturday afternoon in late October, even if you're playing middling competition in the ACC. One day he'll be in for a very rude awakening.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hate to be the one who claims he told you so, but I tried to warn you guys months ago that this one would turn into an absolute circus. With the amount of praise being thrown his way and the way this kid was being deified there was just no other real alternative. Just entirely too much for a seventeen year old kid to handle properly. You almost have to feel a bit sorry for the kid, really.

Either way, I think it's clear this kid is absolutely radioactive at this point, and any smart program should not touch him with a ten foot pole. For our sake, I hope we just completely shut down our recruitment of him altogether.

We've seen some real circuses the past ten or fifteen years in recruiting ... Willie Williams, Bryce and Arthur Brown, Terrellle Pryor, Keenan Allen, etc . If this one keeps up,though, he's going to make all of these seem like the epitome of recruiting-done-right.

Admittedly he's got all of the talent in the world, but he's approaching his transition into college football the same way you get all of your buddies together to play Halo on Xbox Live, and it just doesn't work that way on Saturday afternoon in late October. One day he'll be in for a very rude awakening.
I expected a circus like you kept saying, but I never saw this type of one. I saw him visiting every school possible and announcing on NSD, not trying to get Clemson to be Grayson High School University.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The deal here is the fact that he is essentially demanding Clemson offer a teammate of his...
If it were just a teammate, this wouldn't be a problem at all. Like it or not, package deals are relatively commonplace with top recruits, and have been so for decades. But this is far above and beyond that. Between Gallman, Kamara, Schuessler, Carter, and only god knows who else he dreams up in the next seven months, he's apparently planning on forcing Clemson to take every half-way decent player he's played high school football with.

Package deals are one thing, but this is backing up a transfer truck to a Costco warehouse.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If it were just a teammate, this wouldn't be a problem at all. Like it or not, package deals are relatively commonplace with top recruits, and have been so for decades. But this is far above and beyond that. Between Gallman, Kamara, Schuessler, Carter, and only god knows who else he dreams up in the next seven months, he's apparently planning on forcing Clemson to take every half-way decent player he's played high school football with.

Package deals are one thing, but this is backing up a transfer truck to a Costco warehouse.
The Clemson assistant coaches better hope he likes them more than his GHS coaches.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

Hate to be the one who claims he told you so, but I tried to warn you guys months ago that this one would turn into an absolute circus.
No need for "I told you so" because no one ever doubted you. :smile:

At this point it's just entertaining to discuss - I don't think anyone beside Clemson coaches and fans are losing any sleep over RN.

In the end, I wonder which will be the bigger circus Nkemdiche or Foster. I kind of wonder if Foster is ramping up the drama in his recruitment to try to keep up with Nkemdiche's.

Last edited:

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

I don't really see the big deal here.
It's bad because RN is showing that he is more committed to his friends than he is to the program.

It's rare when signing a posse works out well in the long run because the players don't try to integrate themselves into their new home - they already have their friends and they end up behaving the same way they did in high school.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

Reminds me of the Mitch Mustain recruitment...we all know how that turned out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.