DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Commits to Clemson

There is really no point in badmouthing or being mad at Nkemdiche. He is just a kid who is trying to "hook up" his friends. If anyone is the fool here it is Dabo. Good luck to RN. We are definitely better off.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Still hope we get him at the last minute.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

There is really no point in badmouthing or being mad at Nkemdiche. He is just a kid who is trying to "hook up" his friends. If anyone is the fool here it is Dabo. Good luck to RN. We are definitely better off.
agreed, shame on Dabo, not RN. Dabo made his bed, guess he's gonna have to learn to actually develop players. Everyone should keep this in mind when they name Dabo as a possible future UA coach, i hope this kills that kind of talk for good.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

It's starting to sound like a prospect that we need to walk away from.........if what is out there is true. :cool:

MODS - What is up with the emoticons? :confused: (The two 'cool" emoticons have the same coding.)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If Dabo gives in to this, every blue chip he recruits in the future will want offers for there buddies.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

agreed, shame on Dabo, not RN. Dabo made his bed, guess he's gonna have to learn to actually develop players. Everyone should keep this in mind when they name Dabo as a possible future UA coach, i hope this kills that kind of talk for good.
this also, what would he do if on signing day, Robert waits for his teammates he is hooking up send in their letters. and he switches to some other school.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009

this also, what would he do if on signing day, Robert waits for his teammates he is hooking up send in their letters. and he switches to some other school.
It's several months until signing day and it's possible. It would be hilarious if 4 (or maybe more if RN keeps it up) Grayson guys fax in their letters to Klempson and RN switches to us at the last minute. If RN decides to go elsewhere before then, I wonder if Dabo will pull any of those offers? This is why it's never a good idea to get involved with package deals. I'm glad we don't have to.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012

Sounds like Dabo needs a little more seasoning and experience. He might be a good coach someday.

bamafan216

1st Team
Jun 28, 2002
Huntsville, AL

My .02 worth; I guess my point is that his friends all had offers, its not like they didn't get a scholarship offer they did, just not at Clemson. I just think you can't let one dictate the course of your recruiting class. If you let this one happen what will stop others from doing the same year after year.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

What's next? "Coach, my buddy, Alvin, really wants to tote the rock some on Saturdays. I would be more inclined to give you a 110% on Saturday if you could make that happen for him..." This is a locker room killer waiting to happen.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

What's next? "Coach, my buddy, Alvin, really wants to tote the rock some on Saturdays. I would be more inclined to give you a 110% on Saturday if you could make that happen for him..." This is a locker room killer waiting to happen.
Coaches giving in to players or coddling them always is. Look at the great coaches (and not just at Bama); it is very rare to see a "great" coach that gives in to players.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

in that kind of situation couldn't Clemson not accept the other LOI's. otherwise whats to stop kids with offers, but not commutable offers from just faxing their LOI wherever they please? anybody know what would happen in that scenario?

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

Clemson sort of has a history of this kind of thing. Back in 2008 Clemson promised Jamie Harper the first carry of the season if he signed. Clemson made good on their promise and Harper got the first carry against Alabama - he fumbled.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

in that kind of situation couldn't Clemson not accept the other LOI's. otherwise whats to stop kids with offers, but not commutable offers from just faxing their LOI wherever they please? anybody know what would happen in that scenario?
Clemson could refuse to accept the LOI's that are faxed in, but it could present them with a public relations nightmare - just would depend if the media cared about it.

Clemson isn't a threat to anyone (except for maybe scoreboard operators) so the story might not be of any interest.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Clemson could refuse to accept the LOI's that are faxed in, but it could present them with a public relations nightmare - just would depend if the media cared about it.

Clemson isn't a threat to anyone (except for maybe scoreboard operators) so the story might not be of any interest.
If Clemson didn't accept faxed LOI from teammates of the #1 recruit, it'd be news. Add the fact it all appears to be a package deal by Dabo. Yeah, the media would care big time.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

If Clemson didn't accept faxed LOI from teammates of the #1 recruit, it'd be news. Add the fact it all appears to be a package deal by Dabo. Yeah, the media would care big time.
I was referring to the situation where RN decides to go elsewhere at the last moment.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I was referring to the situation where RN decides to go elsewhere at the last moment.
I know, and I was to. If things do not stay the same (Clemson doesn't accept LOIs or Robert switches), it will be headlines.

subherbanite

1st Team
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Re: Recruits at "The Opening" React to Nkemdiche's Comments

Love O.J.'s comment. I can see him speaking out for his teammates and trying to get them some attention but that's about as far as it should go. I don't think he needs to be saying the things that he is, regardless of his age. They may not know it or care now, but some of his buddies may experience some serious ridicule, etc. by his "help".

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.