DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Robert Nkemdiche update, plus early list of some of Georgia's top juniors

Why would they think he would even want to play RB? He has much more potential for a massive pay day at DE. DE's go high in the draft and along with OT and cover corners are the most coveted position outside of QB. Rb are pretty much a dime a dozen unless you have an exceptional talent.

If I were him this just wouldn't make sense to me.
I'm pretty sure they are telling him they will also let him play RB if he wants, short yardage..... making him a defense/offense player. GA, Robert and Bama know his future is on defense.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Why would they think he would even want to play RB? He has much more potential for a massive pay day at DE. DE's go high in the draft and along with OT and cover corners are the most coveted position outside of QB. Rb are pretty much a dime a dozen unless you have an exceptional talent.

If I were him this just wouldn't make sense to me.
But it is all about selling these kids your school and program. In regards to being a RB he is being compared to another great athlete H Walker. BTW on offense this year he ranfor 528 yds and 17 TDs including one in the State Champ game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

But it is all about selling these kids your school and program. In regards to being a RB he is being compared to another great athlete H Walker. BTW on offense this year he ranfor 528 yds and 17 TDs including one in the State Champ game.
I have seen him at RB and he is not Hershel Walker. His future is on the defensive side of the ball and he knows it.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I don't think UGA is pushing him for full time RB. It's kind of like Refridgerator Perry running the ball on goal line or Terrance Cody coming for FB. It's fun for the team to see that and the players that got to do that loved it. It's an interesting idea from CMR but I don't think it will even get them considered in his top 5 or get an OV. Why waste an OV on a school just down the road from you?

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States

How can Nkemdiche take GA serious when they are so quick to offer a 6'5 260+lb stud defensive lineman a chance to be a RB, full time or not? That's the act of a desparate man, and I don't see RN buying into what Richt is selling. It wouldn't surprise me if GA never makes his top 5.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

Almost gave this one the title "DE / God / Superman Robert Nkemdiche Updates." Had to resist the urge.

Anyway, it seems like Nkemdiche is the new "it" recruit here on TF where we get individual threads on just about everything the guy does. Front page real estate isn't much of an issue this far away from Signing Day, obviously, but even so all the separate threads make it very hard to keep up with all of the discussion. As such, put all of the Nkemdiche discussion here and we'll update the thread title periodically so you can quickly access the the latest discussion.

In terms of substantive news, things look very, very good for 'Bama right now and it seems like we are the early leader in this one. Still, though, this one will go down to the wire and I'm sure it'll turn into a circus in due time, so the real battle in this one is still to come.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

With these elite level guys, nothing is certain until a signature is put on paper. RN and RF would be just awesome gets out of Georgia for 2013. Hoping we can stay on top if that's really where we are and I hope he commits early and becomes a recruiter with RF. That would be pretty darn special.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

I could have sworn this guy was going to be our next punter. Since when did he become a DE? :wink:

Bud

3rd Team
Jul 25, 2000
Jacksonville, FL. USA

the best part of the article for me was that of the potential top 10 players in the state of GA. Alabama has 1 commit, two serious interests (maybe one is a secret commit) and big receiver that is leaning towards another school "but that could change if Bama became involved" - that's good stuff.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

Robert from what I have seen and heard gives off the same vibe at DE as Trent gave to me at RB. Do any of you kind of have that feel? I sure hope to see him in Crimson.:BigA::):BigA:

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan

Don't like linking to the AJC propaganda rag, but I thought this was interesting: Click Me. Gist of the article says Ole Miss seems pretty confident with RN, but the AJC writers are going to do anything they can to make Alabama look bad.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Don't like linking to the AJC propaganda rag, but I thought this was interesting: Click Me. Gist of the article says Ole Miss seems pretty confident with RN, but the AJC writers are going to do anything they can to make Alabama look bad.
Michael says RN signs with Bama. How does he make Bama look bad? By linking the Justin Taylor story that he's run to death? Don't read or click it if you don't want to help him.
Now the Rivals guys did go on to say that they believed rumored frontrunner Alabama “will be difficult to overcome” and we feel the same exact way, if not more. There are never-ending rumors that Nkemdiche is a “secret commitment” to Alabama but he has repeatedly denied it. His high school coach played on Alabama’s 1992 national championship team.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I wish the secret would just come out and he's a commit for the University of Alabama but oh well. I've heard before his senior football season starts and I've heard after the senior season is over and a few NSD predictions. Either way, it's a long time before we know anything but you know he'll visit UA campus quite a lot. Not too worried about Ole Miss for some reason...

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

If he goes to Ole Miss then winning has nothing to do with his decision. In that case we never had a shot if hes dead set on playing with his brother.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

This tweet is from Keith Niebuhr...
That quote is from last year when Denzel signed with Ole Miss. He used RN to leverage himself getting a scholarship. The next day, which is probably posted on here somewhere. Robert came out and debunked that. He said he will consider Ole Miss because his brother signed there, but he will do what is best for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.