DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Robert Nkemdiche update, plus early list of some of Georgia's top juniors

If he goes to Ole Miss then winning has nothing to do with his decision. In that case we never had a shot if hes dead set on playing with his brother.
Maybe he likes the idea of rebuilding Ole Miss. We know that's not going to be an immediate process, but Hugh Freeze might be selling him on the idea.
That quote is from last year when Denzel signed with Ole Miss. He used RN to leverage himself getting a scholarship. The next day, which is probably posted on here somewhere. Robert came out and debunked that. He said he will consider Ole Miss because his brother signed there, but he will do what is best for him.
I know it's old, and RN debunked it. Find it funny that Keith would bring it back up. Probably looking for hits. I just don't see the best player in the nation going to Oxford. Although he is saying he was treated like "Micheal Jackson" by the Rebs this past weekend.

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan

Michael says RN signs with Bama. How does he make Bama look bad? By linking the Justin Taylor story that he's run to death? Don't read or click it if you don't want to help him.
I wasn't saying he wouldn't sign with Alabama. I think and hope he will. I also wasn't saying anyone had to read the other AJC articles or that this one in specific was making Alabama look bad. They do, however, link to the JT story and others like it whenever they get a chance (see the Spurrier article) and do their best to boost other programs over Alabama. I'm glad I have your permission to not click on the links if I don't want to, though. This was a recent article regarding the RN recruitment, so I thought others might be interested in reading it.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Robert: “I’m thinking about it. Wherever my brother goes, I’m going to check it out.

Now I for one I never believed that Robert was alock or secret commit, even though some on here with inside connections think differently. I heard the same thing on here with Cyrus, K Alexander, Winston, and the list goes on. I learned my lesson with Cyrus and will not get excited about anything regarding RN, even if he commits until he signs. Not one time has Robert been quoted saying that UA lead and he continually denies that or that he is secretly commited to UA. Sorr y but I do not by the insider info here.

Before any says it will happen because his coach went to UA, can someone name the last player he sent to UA. He may have but I can not recall any player from Coach Conn's team. Hope we get him but not getting excited over it at this point.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Now I for one I never believed that Robert was alock or secret commit, even though some on here with inside connections think differently. I heard the same thing on here with Cyrus, K Alexander, Winston, and the list goes on. I learned my lesson with Cyrus and will not get excited about anything regarding RN, even if he commits until he signs. Not one time has Robert been quoted saying that UA lead and he continually denies that or that he is secretly commited to UA. Sorr y but I do not by the insider info here.

Before any says it will happen because his coach went to UA, can someone name the last player he sent to UA. He may have but I can not recall any player from Coach Conn's team. Hope we get him but not getting excited over it at this point.
My thoughts exactly.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I wasn't saying he wouldn't sign with Alabama. I think and hope he will. I also wasn't saying anyone had to read the other AJC articles or that this one in specific was making Alabama look bad. They do, however, link to the JT story and others like it whenever they get a chance (see the Spurrier article) and do their best to boost other programs over Alabama. I'm glad I have your permission to not click on the links if I don't want to, though. This was a recent article regarding the RN recruitment, so I thought others might be interested in reading it.
The Justin Taylor story is a non-story at this point. People don't care about it. The ACJ and Michael Carvell are writing about it to keep the story going. It's over.

I'm not giving you permission to click on a link. I'm saying to you, and to others that continue to make a big deal about writers and links, don't click it if you don't like it or don't post/mention it if you don't want others to go there.

It's simple. The more hits the AJC gets, the more their ad costs/demands go up. You give them less hits; you hit them in the pocketbook. It might be one less hit, but it normally isn't. You posted the link, so I (and I'm sure others did too) went to it. There are hits for AJC.

You're right about the article being recent and regarding to RN. If you look at your post and my reply, you'll see why I said what I said. You said the AJC writers are going to do whatever they can to make Bama look bad. I simply pointed out that Carvel admitted that he thinks RN signs with Bama. Outside of the non-story that is Justin Taylor, how does he make Bama look bad?
I honestly don't know, so I'm asking. Has Bama recruited any of his players out side of Robert?

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Robert: “I’m thinking about it. Wherever my brother goes, I’m going to check it out.

Before any says it will happen because his coach went to UA, can someone name the last player he sent to UA. He may have but I can not recall any player from Coach Conn's team. Hope we get him but not getting excited over it at this point
Wasn't Zo Washington already mentioned?

To be honest Grayson really hasn't had a lot of power players lately. Coach Conn started the program from scratch about 10 years ago. Even off their championship team I can't recall one player by name other than Robert and their QB. It's not exactly to the point of a Hoover or Buford program where you could name star after star signing with schools all over.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Wasn't Zo Washington already mentioned?

To be honest Grayson really hasn't had a lot of power players lately. Coach Conn started the program from scratch about 10 years ago. Even off their championship team I can't recall one player by name other than Robert and their QB. It's not exactly to the point of a Hoover or Buford program where you could name star after star signing with schools all over.
What about his borther Denzell. I know academics were always a concern for him but even UGA tried to get in on him once he got his stuff together in the classroom and qualified. Denzell is playing in the SEC and several other DI programs recruited him and I never once saw his name mentioned with UA. I guess is what I am saying if Conn is such a huge factor why did he not try and get Denzell to UA esecpially if he knew they would like to play together if the situation was right.

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan

I'm not giving you permission to click on a link. I'm saying to you, and to others that continue to make a big deal about writers and links, don't click it if you don't like it or don't post/mention it if you don't want others to go there.
Seems like you're the one making a "big deal" about clicking on writers and links. If I didn't want people clicking on the link, I wouldn't have posted it. I was just giving people a heads-up that a lot of their articles are slanted a certain way. That's all I'm saying about this, though, because it's getting nowhere.

Back to the original subject ... I have a feeling that we're going to see more and more football talent coming from Grayson and the surrounding schools as the Gwinnett suburbs continue to push out in that direction.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Maybe he likes the idea of rebuilding Ole Miss. We know that's not going to be an immediate process, but Hugh Freeze might be selling him on the idea.
The rebuilding of Ole Miss has been going on since the early '70's. I think the only reason he is considering Ole Siss at all is his brother. Robert's recruitment will be one of the most incredible in the history of recruiting. I'm not sure he is a secret commit as the AJC has mentioned in their last 25 articles when mentioning Robert's name but I fully believe he ends up signing with us.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

What about his borther Denzell. I know academics were always a concern for him but even UGA tried to get in on him once he got his stuff together in the classroom and qualified. Denzell is playing in the SEC and several other DI programs recruited him and I never once saw his name mentioned with UA. I guess is what I am saying if Conn is such a huge factor why did he not try and get Denzell to UA esecpially if he knew they would like to play together if the situation was right.
UA's staff didn't want Denzel if I remember correctly. I'm sure if CNS expressed some interest than Conn would have at least tried to get Denzel to visit UA. I don't think Conn is main factor on why UA "leads" for Robert but it can't hurt to have a former player coaching him in high school. You see how Foster reacted to his coach being fired. Star players latch onto their high school coaches many times.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

UA's staff didn't want Denzel if I remember correctly. I'm sure if CNS expressed some interest than Conn would have at least tried to get Denzel to visit UA. I don't think Conn is main factor on why UA "leads" for Robert but it can't hurt to have a former player coaching him in high school. You see how Foster reacted to his coach being fired. Star players latch onto their high school coaches many times.
Plus Robert actually lives with Conn at times when his parents are either working or out of the country. Conn is a stand-up guy and certainly won't choose or try to choose a school for Robert. I'm sure he wouldn't lie though, and if Alabama is the right fit and the right school for Robert no one would be more proud to send him to UA than Conn.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I've been saying this for years, RE: auburn.

If we hate them so much, the best thing to do is ignore them. Constantly talking about them, bringing them up, trolling their message boards just makes them feel more relevant. Ignoring something/someone is truly the highest form hatred.

Same thing goes for the AJC. If people truly hated them as much as they said they did, they'd just stop clicking the links. I think the truth is, most people LOVE to hate the AJC and auburn.

I just don't understand how people can post a thread with "OMG did you SEE what Clay Travis is saying about us???!??" All that does is give the weasel more money and popularity. Exactly what he wants. It's 2012, how do people not see through that?

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Plus Robert actually lives with Conn at times when his parents are either working or out of the country. Conn is a stand-up guy and certainly won't choose or try to choose a school for Robert. I'm sure he wouldn't lie though, and if Alabama is the right fit and the right school for Robert no one would be more proud to send him to UA than Conn.
He spent most of last season living with a team mate who signed with Miss State. He stated in an interview that they are like brothers. That he will consider MSU because he signed with them. Now in my opinion RN is playing the recruiting game. He basically tells every school or I should say the recruiting sites, exactly what they want to hear. Every time he visits a school the fans get excited about the post visit interview but yet nothing changes.

In regards to Conn I seriously doubt he will have any influence on where RN signs. Even though UGA and many other fan bases will say he pushed him to UA to save face. The fact is if he comes to UA it is because he wants to be at UA on his own accord.

In regards to AJC I think they keep pushing the secret commit thing to get RN upset and hopefully help to push him away from UA. How many times can that idiot Carvell at AJC ask him the same question, get the same response, end finally stop asking.

For those that follow his recruitment be ready for a long drawn out process that will make Clowney's recruitment seem very boring. It will be a 3 ring circus and unlike Clowney I think RN enjoys it.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

He spent most of last season living with a team mate who signed with Miss State. He stated in an interview that they are like brothers. That he will consider MSU because he signed with them. Now in my opinion RN is playing the recruiting game. He basically tells every school or I should say the recruiting sites, exactly what they want to hear. Every time he visits a school the fans get excited about the post visit interview but yet nothing changes.

In regards to Conn I seriously doubt he will have any influence on where RN signs. Even though UGA and many other fan bases will say he pushed him to UA to save face. The fact is if he comes to UA it is because he wants to be at UA on his own accord.

In regards to AJC I think they keep pushing the secret commit thing to get RN upset and hopefully help to push him away from UA. How many times can that idiot Carvell at AJC ask him the same question, get the same response, end finally stop asking.

For those that follow his recruitment be ready for a long drawn out process that will make Clowney's recruitment seem very boring. It will be a 3 ring circus and unlike Clowney I think RN enjoys it.
UA has lead for awhile and still does he will also decide before december of this year at the latest. I would look for a spring or late summer commit.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

UA has lead for awhile and still does he will also decide before december of this year at the latest. I would look for a spring or late summer commit.
Jam,

I hope you are right, but I don't see it happening. believe me, I want to be wrong. :)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Jam,

I hope you are right, but I don't see it happening. believe me, I want to be wrong. :)
He just stated today that he is tiring of the process and will commit either this spring, before his senior year, or right after his senior year. i look for by the end of summer. Doesn't like the attention. http://www.alabamaintel.com/article...ys-looking-for-ways-to-become-a-better-player

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

UGA makes me a little nervous how strong they have come on in such a short period. Just last month they were not even in his top 5 and according to UGA sites when called yesterday they are his #2 school sitting behind UA.

Wherever he commits though I think it will be solid and he will not flip.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

UGA makes me a little nervous how strong they have come on in such a short period. Just last month they were not even in his top 5 and according to UGA sites when called yesterday they are his #2 school sitting behind UA.

Even if RN decided to roll w/UGA, he would have to be coached up to reach his full potential and I'm not sure if they can do that. Regardless, it's a LOOOOONNNNGGGG way until NSD and even if he commits to us before then, he is going to get bombarded until then. We'll see how this one plays out.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I agree that wherever he commits is where he is going and he won't flip flop around. He'll probably start recruiting for that school soon after committing. I hope it's UA and feel good about him though

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

From your post from 15 hours prior, you indicate he says whatever to please each school's recruiting sites. With that thought process, should we really believe UGA's #2?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.