DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Re: Robert Nkemdiche update, plus early list of some of Georgia's top juniors

UGA makes me a little nervous how strong they have come on in such a short period. Just last month they were not even in his top 5 and according to UGA sites when called yesterday they are his #2 school sitting behind UA.

Wherever he commits though I think it will be solid and he will not flip.
#2 is just the first loser! ;) He is seen wearing Bama clothing all the time. Been rumored for months as a silent commit to Bama. Been to Bama several times. Head coach is a former Bama national championship player. Georgia is arriving late to the party and even the AJC and most all recruiting analyst believe he commits and signs with Bama. Reportedly growing tired of the recruiting process.

While these things are not concrete evidence as to where he is going, I do like the forecast with all the variables mentioned. ;)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He just stated today that he is tiring of the process and will commit either this spring, before his senior year, or right after his senior year. i look for by the end of summer. Doesn't like the attention. http://www.alabamaintel.com/article...ys-looking-for-ways-to-become-a-better-player
From that interview we now know Big Rob will start at Jack LB if he signs with Bama. He said Coach Thompson would be his position coach. I can't for Big Rob to pull the trigger and commit to Bama.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

From your post from 15 hours prior, you indicate he says whatever to please each school's recruiting sites. With that thought process, should we really believe UGA's #2?
When I say what they want to hear I mean he always says nice things about the school or visit. Most of these recruiting sites(paid) ask specific questions that always ends with atleast a decent answer for their fan base. He seems to go out of his way to make it sound better than it should.

Regarding UGA he told that to UA site as well.

JBAMMER334

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2012
Prattville, Al

The College Football Fix show on CSS just said Robert Nkemdiche is favoring Ole Miss...lol no doubt he will shine wherever he goes, but no chance in the world the see even an sec champ game much less a natl champ

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

The College Football Fix show on CSS just said Robert Nkemdiche is favoring Ole Miss...lol no doubt he will shine wherever he goes, but no chance in the world the see even an sec champ game much less a natl champ
In his interview after the Ole Miss he did not say that when asked. ESPN reported that people inside Ole Miss feel good about their chances and it got tweeted and I am sure that is where this is coming from. He also said the only other visits he plans on taking this spring are to UA and UGA for spring practices. His coach has stated he will not do camps this summer for fear of injury like last spring.

If he is truly looking to announce in the near future and does not plan on visiting Ole Miss, I doubt very seriously he ends up there.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

bama leads still

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I've merged this thread with the general Robert Nkemdiche thread, because that is really all that was being discussed anyway.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

He announced his top 5 today (though I worry about his counting ability), per Andrew Bone's twitter it's (in no certain order) LSU, UA, UGA, Ole Miss, Clemson, and Florida...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He probably meant "other than Alabama". :cool2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

It's really refreshing that this early in the cycle we've already identified the "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! PRoogram Will DIE IF WE DON"T SIGN THIS GUY WE"LL BE JUST LIKE UAB" recruit. Usually you have to wait until at least mid-summer, so we're getting ahead of the game this time around.

Substantively, though, Nkemdiche has nothing but positive things to say about us, but once again I don't know how much it really matters at this point in time. He can't sign for another eleven months and his recruitment will be nothing short of insane.

Do we lead right now? It certainly seems that way. The point though is that leading at this juncture is kind of like the guy leading the Indianapolis 500 on the 19th lap. Still a lot of miles ahead, folks.

lynyrd skynyrd

All-American
Apr 8, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida USA

It's really refreshing that this early in the cycle we've already identified the "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! PRoogram Will DIE IF WE DON"T SIGN THIS GUY WE"LL BE JUST LIKE UAB" recruit. Usually you have to wait until at least mid-summer, so we're getting ahead of the game this time around.

Substantively, though, Nkemdiche has nothing but positive things to say about us, but once again I don't know how much it really matters at this point in time. He can't sign for another eleven months and his recruitment will be nothing short of insane.

Do we lead right now? It certainly seems that way. The point though is that leading at this juncture is kind of like the guy leading the Indianapolis 500 on the 19th lap. Still a lot of miles ahead, folks.
WORD UP

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

So you are saying he is a lock for us? ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I just can't wait until the inside sources come on here. They always know their stuff because their friends with RN, and they'll defend their stance while looking like idiots all the way until NSD.

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL

I really don't think this is how people feel. I think it's more that at this point it'd be a pretty big upset if we didn't land him. It wouldn't be the end of the world by a mile if we didn't get him, and lets not forget that we already have the #2 recruit in the nation with a verbal to us. But I think most people on here know just awesome and cool it would be to have the #1 and #2 recruits in the nation (per Rivals) in the same class. I don't think UA has ever signed the #1 recruit ever, and to have both would just be awesome!

That doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that both of these guys are guaranteed to be All-Americans but it sure don't hurt to get guys that highly rated.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I really don't think this is how people feel. I think it's more that at this point it'd be a pretty big upset if we didn't land him.
Stuff changes so much with recruiting that I don't think there are true "upsets," especially this early in the process. I'm hopeful we continue to impress him, but I'm not shocked or saddened when "leans" in recruiting go elsewhere. It's the nature of teenagers to change their mind especially when the college football landscape changes all the time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.