DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
His quotes of the day (per ESPN iNsider)

“It would be hard to see myself not going to Ole Miss because it is a family thing,” Nkemdiche said. “My whole family wants me to go there. They are on the rise and doing a lot of good things.

"Ole Miss is the team the beat, but LSU is still in the mix too.
He said he would also take a visit to Tuscaloosa, but I am thinking we are a distant third now..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Maybe they want to play with a brother and help build something special. Sounds like a legitimate reason to me.
I already said I understand playing with family.

But, Robert recently said how much he liked LSU. How does that fit in? What do they offer that Alabama doesn't? Les Miles is two years younger than Nick Saban and he has two less championships (so far). Playing for Nick Saban is a special opportunity, playing for Les Miles and LSU? That's a good chance mind you, but to me that's like choosing a Corvette over a Ferrari.

Same with Clowney, I can understand him wanting to play closer to home. Fine, I get that. But to say he wants to win a Heisman? He won't win one where he's at. At Alabama he would have already played in 3 of the top rated games of the year and he'd have one of the biggest in television history coming up. Some things these kids say and do makes sense, some of them don't.

If you want to win, as I said before, you go to Alabama. It's pretty much a guarantee there, with Clowney Alabama is probably undefeated. With Robert, Alabama is probably the favorite to win a NC next year. Alabama is the one place it's all possible. Heisman trophy, national championship, SEC championships, national awards, being on national TV virtually every game, being in top rated, games, playing for one of the greatest coaches ever, playing in front of 100,000 people...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa is only 90 minutes from Starkville. It would be very easy for the brothers ti visit each other on a weekly basis........:cool2:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
His brother is in Oxford, quite a ways from Tuscaloosa.

LSU may very well be losing both of their ends, and this guy could step in and start. Would he step in and start here? Maybe.

rtr

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Duh, I was way off-base with that one, huh?

Well, Oxford is still closer to Tuscallosa than it is to Baton Rouge. :cool2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Wouldn't it be more truthful to say they are looking at it from the wrong perspective?
Eh, maybe, but that's kind of hard to say because it's just difficult to make a lot of objective determinations in what amounts to a subjective matter. I kind of agree with you on the matter, but to an extent I can certainly see how reasonable minds would differ on the subject.

Regardless, though, that's the mindset for a lot of kids, and it just is what it is and you have to recruit accordingly.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Ole Miss’s sudden surge to the top of Nkemdiche’s list has left tongues wagging in the Magnolia State and even has the Mississippi legislature looking into his recruitment. In particular, a detailed email complaint has been lodged with the Mississippi State Legislature’s Joint Committee on Performance Evaluation and Expenditure Review (PEER) that one reason Nkemdiche may attend Ole Miss is because his father, Sunday Nkemdiche, a doctor in the state of Georgia, has been promised a job at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMC) in Jackson, Mississippi. (The reason the legislature would be involved in any way? The facility is a state hospital funded by taxpayer dollars).
Read more at

http://totalfratmove.com/1120923#0qPDWUWSh6MmXP2W.99

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ole Miss’s sudden surge to the top of Nkemdiche’s list has left tongues wagging in the Magnolia State and even has the Mississippi legislature looking into his recruitment. In particular, a detailed email complaint has been lodged with the Mississippi State Legislature’s Joint Committee on Performance Evaluation and Expenditure Review (PEER) that one reason Nkemdiche may attend Ole Miss is because his father, Sunday Nkemdiche, a doctor in the state of Georgia, has been promised a job at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMC) in Jackson, Mississippi. (The reason the legislature would be involved in any way? The facility is a state hospital funded by taxpayer dollars).
Read more at

http://totalfratmove.com/1120923#0qPDWUWSh6MmXP2W.99
Consider the quality of the article by the last sentence....

Modern journalism at its finest

12ROLL12TIDE12

1st Team
Aug 30, 2008
Orlando, FL
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but is it possible that he is not going to commit until Signing Day to take some pressure off of his brother? You would have to think that everyone at Ole Miss was in big brother's ear asking "Why Clemson?", "Can't you get him here?"... all day every day. Obviously, if he is going to Ole Miss and commits there, everyone will understand why he is doing so. If he commits and signs on National Signing Day, what is done is done.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but is it possible that he is not going to commit until Signing Day to take some pressure off of his brother? You would have to think that everyone at Ole Miss was in big brother's ear asking "Why Clemson?", "Can't you get him here?"... all day every day. Obviously, if he is going to Ole Miss and commits there, everyone will understand why he is doing so. If he commits and signs on National Signing Day, what is done is done.
Makes sense

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I wonder if the decommitment from Walker will entice Robert to reconsider the Tide. It definitely opens up a spot. I think RK will grow into a DE. He is a JAck now, but has room for more weight and turning into a DE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.