DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

I remember an ESPN high school game I tuned in to watch Julio play and came away in awe of Robert Lester and was very grateful when he pledged his verbal to the Tide. He was very impressive in high school and deserving of his most recent All American honor.
That was the Foley v. Daphne game during Julio's senior year. The game was on Thursday. Robert Lester was a popular name on the following Friday.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

My assumptions were never meant that RN was a package deal to get others. Just that he was leveraging his ability to help his friends get legit offers. It actually makes me think that RN is not really looking around at all, just going on these visits to help friends. Every time he visits a school now they jump into his new top 5. He says the right things, the fan base gets excited, and guess what his best friend or brother gets an offer from that school.
Vbulletin glitch nuked my earlier reply, but the basic argument I'm making is as follows:

I'm not necessarily saying that you are assuming that, my point is that at some level there must be some quid pro quo present. Perhaps it's not firm offers for smaller players in exchange for the star's signature, but at the least it's increased recruiting attention for the minnows in exchange for a greater likelihood of landing the big fish.

I'm not overly comfortable with that, and I think it could lead to something much sinister taking place (or at least being inferred). We've avoided those situations at UA under Saban, and I hope that continues.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Thanks for letting us know where he is tonight. ;) RTR!!!
It's recruiting info--he is clearly on a visit to LSWho! People on this site post this type of info all the time. When I saw he was out on the town with the Honey Badger, I admit I was slightly concerned for obvious (party habit) reasons! :eek: Haha!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It's recruiting info--he is clearly on a visit to LSWho! People on this site post this type of info all the time. When I saw he was out on the town with the Honey Badger, I admit I was slightly concerned for obvious (party habit) reasons! :eek: Haha!
What do we know about HB's partying habits other than he was suspended for a failed drug test? We've had players suspended for the same reason, and I can promise there are plenty of guys wearing Crimson that haven't been caught.

hddd

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2011

He plans to announce on may 18 between Uga bama and lsu just saw on twitter

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I think this looks great for UA. Yeah, his visit to LSU was a 10 but they're great at visits. I don't think that one great visit would make him decide the school he's going to. I see it as he went to LSU, it was great but now that he's seen them all he knows that UA is where he wants to go. Let's hope but May 18th should be an exciting day

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

I think this looks great for UA. Yeah, his visit to LSU was a 10 but they're great at visits. I don't think that one great visit would make him decide the school he's going to. I see it as he went to LSU, it was great but now that he's seen them all he knows that UA is where he wants to go. Let's hope but May 18th should be an exciting day
Well I still like UA chances but I have always thought that the team that could beat UA was LSU. He has always had them in his top 5 it seems and has always talked highly about them.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Anyone notice a trend here. Denzel had no offers, mostly because of academics and maybe some other concerns, but Denzel started telling schools that him and Robert wanted to play together, that their mother wanted them to play together, and even said they would be a package deal. Robert when asked said he would love to play with his brother. Next Ole Miss offered Denzel, he commited, and when asked about playing together he said Ole Miss would get a look now but said he will do what is best for him.

Next, Robert last season lived with Nick Schuessler. At the time he only had one offer from MTSU, but when Robert was interviewed he talked about how he considered Nick a brother, loved the family, and would love to play with him in college. Ole Miss, Miss State, Ark, and few more offered. Come NSD he signed with MSU and afterwards Robert said he would look at MSU but will do what is best for him.

Now Robert has a 3rd best friend/brother, D Kamara. Now Kamara is trying to get legit looks, but no real offers until Robert says he would love to play with David and if the right opportunity became available he would consider the package deal. Guess what Ole Miss and few others are now offering David. They both just visited Clemson a place I hear David really likes but they have not offered yet. But Robert was just quoted as saying we are both going back up there this weekend to see if they are going to offer. My guess if Clemson thinks it helps them out with Robert, David will leave this weekend with an offer.

It seems Robert is trying to leverage his position to secure scholarships for his friends and family. Again just my opinion but there is a pattern here.
Noticed this in the article as well.

DB David Kamara, who already has offers from Clemson, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Kamara thinks his next offer may be from LSU

The fact he went with several team mates and not a solo trip makes does not worry me as much.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

This article does make me nervous. When anyone is "ready" to commit soon after a visit, that school last visited is a huge favorite. Also, RN's dad said that Robert is an emotional person and can get real excited. The fact that neither his dad or his HS coach, Mickey Conn, knew about this announcement date shows that Robert hasn't sat down and discussed his plans with anyone. I would imagine the HS coach would want to know and definitely his parents want to be in on the decision. If he does commit in May, he will be a big target for the other schools. They know he is easily influenced and can change his mind. For his sake, I hope he takes his time and gets it right the first time he commits.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He states he knows where he wants to go and it states in the article he plans on going to see one of ours and UGA's spring practices. So I would think it is between us and GA. Not stressing at all and in less than 2 months we will have the #1 recruit in the nation to join the #2 recruit.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

very confident he picks Bama, but yeah i agree if there was another school it would be LSU.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

His father was quoted as saying LSU is #1 after the visit but did go onto say that he gets very excited easily and told his son to take it one day at a time. Also the timing of the annouoncement is of little concern. He was interviewed a few weeks back and said he was ready to get this over with and may commit this spring. So I think he was just waiting for the LSU visit.

Conn is very protective of RN and with spring practice starting he will not let his HC turn into a circus.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Seriously? He hasn't even visited LSU until now but now they're his leader???? I have a hard time with that one. As much time as he has spent around Alabama and as educated as his parents are I really have a hard time believing they're thrilled about this new love. Could this be another Cyrus K. situation?

I read that he'd commit in May, and I just assumed it was good news for Alabama. Guess not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.