DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

Greg Ostendorf and the writers at TideNation (ESPN's Alabama site for all sports/recruiting) said in their recruiting update today (the ozone) that Alabama was still the front runner, and (of course) made the most sense for RN. So TIFWIW too...you can read the article if you're an ESPN Insider (also has other recruiting info in both football and basketball) here:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/alabama/post/_/id/1852/the-o-zone-april-4

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Greg Ostendorf and the writers at TideNation (ESPN's Alabama site for all sports/recruiting) said in their recruiting update today (the ozone) that Alabama was still the front runner, and (of course) made the most sense for RN. So TIFWIW too...you can read the article if you're an ESPN Insider (also has other recruiting info in both football and basketball) here:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/alabama/post/_/id/1852/the-o-zone-april-4
In fairness, though, while most 'Bama people contend 'Bama leads for him, the same can be said for the beat writers and recruiting homers of most of his other finalists (LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc.).

I hope we land Nkemdiche, but obviously the overwhelming majority of these writers and homers are, by default, wrong. Lots of Kool-Aid being produced by several different fanbases over this kid.

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

In fairness, though, while most 'Bama people contend 'Bama leads for him, the same can be said for the beat writers and recruiting homers of most of his other finalists (LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc.).

I hope we land Nkemdiche, but obviously the overwhelming majority of these writers and homers are, by default, wrong. Lots of Kool-Aid being produced by several different fanbases over this kid.
not just "bama" people. When the LSU stuff came up that they were leading. The writer not from a bama or lsu site stated while thats what was said, He would be shocked if RK ends up anywhere but bama.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

not just "bama" people. When the LSU stuff came up that they were leading. The writer not from a bama or lsu site stated while thats what was said, He would be shocked if RK ends up anywhere but bama.
Most of the LSU folks seemed to not really buy the information that "LSU leads" that was out there. The Ole Miss folks seemed to be the ones pumping the most sunshine, but with a new staff I guess the sky is the limit. Clemson is the one that scares me. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about their recruitment of Robert Nkemdiche, but they have offered several of his teammates and his girlfriend is reportedly enrolling there.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Most of the LSU folks seemed to not really buy the information that "LSU leads" that was out there. The Ole Miss folks seemed to be the ones pumping the most sunshine, but with a new staff I guess the sky is the limit. Clemson is the one that scares me. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about their recruitment of Robert Nkemdiche, but they have offered several of his teammates and his girlfriend is reportedly enrolling there.
Ruh-Roh. That does make Clemson a serious contender. :cool2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I just wish May would get here so people can stop panicking.
I just wish people would realize we're going to keep winning 10-14 games per year regardless of what this kid does.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I just wish people would realize we're going to keep winning 10-14 games per year regardless of what this kid does.
I don't know what you're talking about. The loss of guys like Robby Green, Alfy Hill and Keenan Allen still haunts me to this day. If all of them had been here, we wouldn't have lost 4 games in 3 seasons. No telling what the loss of Jaboo will do to us. :wink:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

If I could impart my accumulated wisdom to the young man, which of course is impossible to do, he would not go where his girlfriend enrolls.
I guess maybe if she went to Bama then it would work out OK. Otherwise it won't. :smile:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I don't see where anyone said we wouldn't still win. He may be the top recruit in the country. This is a recruiting board.

Given how few post he has, I can see how BET might be surprised how often people talk about recruiting on a recruiting thread.:)

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

Originally Posted by BigEasyTider

Originally Posted by BM80
completely agree

I cannot agree with that. How about 11-14. I just don't see our boys losing
more than 2 games!! ;)

Last edited:

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

Originally Posted by BigEasyTider

Originally Posted by BM80
completely agree

I cannot agree with that. How about 11-14. I just don't see our boys losing
more than 2 games!! ;)

It sure would make it A LOT easier to reach those totals with him on board. ;)

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL

the insatiable desire to improve is what makes champions champions. So, I don't see anything wrong with drooling over top recruits. yeah we'll probably win 11+ games without him... Heck we'll probably win another national title without him, but why be good when you can be great? and why be great when you can be legendary?

BJP4UA

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2010

the insatiable desire to improve is what makes champions champions. So, I don't see anything wrong with drooling over top recruits. yeah we'll probably win 11+ games without him... Heck we'll probably win another national title without him, but why be good when you can be great? and why be great when you can be legendary?
what he said....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It's not the drooling over recruits part that gets out of hand, but when folks act like a Robert Nkemdiche or a Jaboo Winston or a Keenan Allen type recruit will make or break the team. While all three are great athletes, none of them, or any other athlete that has caused one of the meltdowns, will determine the future of the Alabama Crimson Tide. When people act as though their lives depend on where a player signs or if a team should ever play football again because Player W didn't commit/sign with their school, the board gets ridiculous. That is what BET, others and myself get annoyed with. Folks feel the need to post because Player W tweeted that he farted in class, which obviously means he's not coming to Bama; that is when the recruiting process gets out of hand.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

It's not the drooling over recruits part that gets out of hand, but when folks act like a Robert Nkemdiche or a Jaboo Winston or a Keenan Allen type recruit will make or break the team. While all three are great athletes, none of them, or any other athlete that has caused one of the meltdowns, will determine the future of the Alabama Crimson Tide. When people act as though their lives depend on where a player signs or if a team should ever play football again because Player W didn't commit/sign with their school, the board gets ridiculous. That is what BET, others and myself get annoyed with. Folks feel the need to post because Player W tweeted that he farted in class, which obviously means he's not coming to Bama; that is when the recruiting process gets out of hand.
Examples, please.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

With all due respect, I see folks wanting to win recruiting battles just as much as they do the games. I don't see many folks tying the fate of the program to individual players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.