DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche decommits from Clemson

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Taking a break from its gallant coverage of Alabama's "gray shirt scandal," the AJC offers us an update on King Robert, plus 10 other juniors to watch.

What's new: Nkemdiche's coach now says his player will wait beyond his high school football season to choose. Alabama is still the leader. Georgia is trying awfully hard.

Scroll down beneath the story to check out the names on a who-to-watch list. We've offered a bunch of them. It will be interesting to see if there's any spillover from all the Justin Taylor criticism in that part of the world.

Press here.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Re: Robert Nkemdiche update, plus early list of some of Georgia's top juniors

Thanks for sharing that!!!! We will have to wait i guess on Robert.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Well... it's going to be a long year but I still feel we lead for RN pretty large

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Mainly because of their schedule, Georgia is positioned to have a great season in 2012. Hopefully that won't sway Robert in their direction and he will come here where he will play for NC's.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hasn't Robert publicly stated he doesn't like UGA? Or has that just been the internet word?

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Hasn't Robert publicly stated he doesn't like UGA? Or has that just been the internet word?
That is definitely "the word", but where it originated I don't know. I'm sure you could read over the hundreds of articles with certain quotes that might lead you to believe he doesn't prefer UGA, but to be honest it would probably be more positive toward other schools (maybe leaving UGA out) than negative toward UGA. I just can't see him saying straight out that he doesn't like UGA. I believe it may be true, but some things are better left unsaid.

HELENKELLERMRI

1st Team
Apr 19, 2008
The Shoals

That is definitely "the word", but where it originated I don't know. I'm sure you could read over the hundreds of articles with certain quotes that might lead you to believe he doesn't prefer UGA, but to be honest it would probably be more positive toward other schools (maybe leaving UGA out) than negative toward UGA. I just can't see him saying straight out that he doesn't like UGA. I believe it may be true, but some things are better left unsaid.
He said discipline was a factor in is decision. That bodes well for BAMA no so much for the dawgs.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Our defensive scheme and attitude will give us the edge if he's looking at it from that slant. Georgia hasn't been know for their defense in quite sometime and ours is on the front pages of every sports media outlet almost every year.

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011

He didnt like UGA at first but they switched there defense to the 3-4 which he wants to play in because he wants to play the Jack position. I dont know what they call there Hybrid position but thats what he wants to play.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

He didnt like UGA at first but they switched there defense to the 3-4 which he wants to play in because he wants to play the Jack position. I dont know what they call there Hybrid position but thats what he wants to play.
That was my take as well, and Grantham may be able to sway him. I expect him to keep his options open with UGA.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think we have a significant lead and Ole Siss is probably in 2nd right now. His coach did say he "thinks" Robert will wait but you never know.

I noticed Reuben was on the others to watch list and they used "the next Tray Blackmon" in the column. We discussed this on the Reuben thread and myself and a few other posters said we thought he was very similar to Blackmon with several posters saying that was wrong.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

the state of GA is absolutely loaded this upcoming year. They are always a hotbed but this year they have some serious talent coming out

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

the state of GA is absolutely loaded this upcoming year. They are always a hotbed but this year they have some serious talent coming out
This.

I hope we sign another 8 from Georgia this year, with a bunch off of that list.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Just curious. The buzz after his visit for Junior Day was that he'd commit soon. The buzz around Gwinnett County was the same thing. Now, all of the sudden, he might not announce until next season or afterwards. Hmmmm, just curious as to that change of mind.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Just curious. The buzz after his visit for Junior Day was that he'd commit soon. The buzz around Gwinnett County was the same thing. Now, all of the sudden, he might not announce until next season or afterwards. Hmmmm, just curious as to that change of mind.
I think the buzz may have been recruits(current commits) being hopeful. Alot of excitement with several commiting that day and I think commits like Foster were really in his ear. I have heard though he is tiring of the process, but I believe he will take all his visits and from what I read if he does it will not be until after the season. He wants to focus on his season and I believe his HC will also push that. Rememeber he did not do the camp circut and I think I read he will not this summer either to keep him healthy and away from all the recruiting craziness that takes place.

BTW Foster is our G Smith in this class from the looks of it.

JBAMMER334

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2012
Prattville, Al

robert nkemdiche@electus_1
lsu boi !! geaux tigers!

-Robert Nkemdiche's last tweet on twitter :/

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012

robert nkemdiche@electus_1
lsu boi !! geaux tigers!

-Robert Nkemdiche's last tweet on twitter :/
is that his real twitter?

JBAMMER334

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2012
Prattville, Al

yea it is...got to get him away from them and focused on bama football

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.