RB / ATH Alvin Kamara Updates (Gets 105 Letters from 'Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coUrAgeWins

1st Team
Oct 30, 2005
Athens, AL
Saw on Yahoo, that Alvin Kamara is getting mass mailings from UA.

LINK

So, were all 105 letters the same exact letter? Were they all different? Were 105 letters supposed to go out to different kids and the address just go messed up and all the letters sent to the same kid? Where's the QC on this? hahahah

I have a feeling CNS is not gonna be too happy about this......

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Re: Bama's plans for keeping USPS in business...

Apparently it impressed the kid from reading the article.

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL

And apparently they were different because he said he hadn't read them all yet. He did seem impressed with the amount of attention were paying him. I don't like this getting out though... who wants to bet the boogs turn a lot of attention to him now that they know how much we want this kid?

Also said Kirby Smart is in contact with him 2-3 times a week, we must really want him!

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

Saw on Yahoo, that Alvin Kamara is getting mass mailings from UA.

LINK

So, were all 105 letters the same exact letter? Were they all different? Were 105 letters supposed to go out to different kids and the address just go messed up and all the letters sent to the same kid? Where's the QC on this? hahahah

I have a feeling CNS is not gonna be too happy about this......
Yeah, sounds like (to me, at least) that this has gotta be a glitch in the mailing dept. There is such as thing as overkill.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That doesn't surprise me. There's a recruit (can't remember which) that said Bama has sent him multiple letters everyday.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
Alabama mails 105 recruiting letters in ONE DAY to Atlanta RB"

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...atlanta-rb-105-recruiting-letters-in-one-day/

I know this is about recruiting, but I think it's a cool story that should be on the main board. The AJC caught wind of the story and published it tonight.

"Alabama made national headlines when it mailed 105 recruiting letters in a day to a running back from Atlanta this week, Norcross High School Junior Alvin Kamara."

“Yeah, I got home and they were failing out of my mailbox,” Kamara said. “It was crazy but I liked it.”

"The 5-foot-10, 195-pound Kamara has around a dozen early offers, including UGA, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Maryland."

Last edited:

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Re: Alabama’s Nick Saban mails 105 recruiting letters in ONE DAY to Atlanta RB"

I thought recruiting was the main board this time of year?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Wow. That certainly stirs up the pot. I imagine there will be a new rule coming which will limit the number of letters allowed in one mailing. Chiz already has 101 in the mail, LOL.

RollTide66

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011

Thread title is a Fail.... I'm sure HCNS mailed these items. The truth is Alabama mailed them, error or not, but to Title this Alabama's Nick Saban.... well, that is just BS.

CrmznApklps

All-SEC
Nov 22, 2004
The GUMP
Yeah, one of my friends, a Michigan fan, accuses us of "stalking" the boy. o_O I proceeded to remind her we've recruited in the top 5 since coach arrived and won two MNCs. I then asked what they've done.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida

Thread title is a Fail.... I'm sure HCNS mailed these items. The truth is Alabama mailed them, error or not, but to Title this Alabama's Nick Saban.... well, that is just BS.
I copied and pasted the title of the article from the AJC.

The mailing was not an error: "What’s really amazing about Alabama’s 105-letter bombardment to Kamara is that – while he has yet to finish opening them all up – none of dozens he has already ripped into are duplicates. Each letter has a new message or selling point about Alabama’s football dynasty."

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

This story - by Rivals - was on the Recruiting board 2/17. Would have been tough to know based on its thread title, though.

"Four-star junior tailback Alvin Kamara of Norcross, Ga., couldn't believe what he found in his mailbox after getting home from school one recent day.
Or rather, what he found falling out of his mailbox."

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/recruiting/161594-bamas-plans-keeping-usps-business.html

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL

Perhaps each letter contained one word . Open one at a time and get the entire message ! :biggrin:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Re: Alabama mails 105 recruiting letters in ONE DAY to Atlanta RB"

Yeah, one of my friends, a Michigan fan, accuses us of "stalking" the boy. o_O I proceeded to remind her we've recruited in the top 5 since coach arrived and won two MNCs. I then asked what they've done.

Actually, recruiting is stalking. The better recruiters are near restraining order level. When else can you bombard a HS kid you don't know previously with letters , texts, emails, phone calls nearly every day for a year or more except in the context of recruiting. CNS, Meyer, Carroll and all the other great recruiters kept their school in a kids thoughts on a daily basis.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Re: Alabama mails 105 recruiting letters in ONE DAY to Atlanta RB"

I doubt CNS is laughing, but everyone else should. This can't be intentional; it just can't be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.