RB / ATH Alvin Kamara Updates (Gets 105 Letters from 'Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Re: Alabama mails 105 recruiting letters in ONE DAY to Atlanta RB"

I agree. Had to have been a mistake in the "mail" dept. I'm sure Coach Saban will get it straightened out.
Whether it was intentional, or not, if the kid ultimately signs and plays with Bama it will be considered an act of genius by CNS.
Bama fans will love it and rival fans will construe it to be "BAD".........but will be wishing their coaches would do the same thing.:smile:

The aubs will shoot for 300 letters.:wink:

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Whether it was intentional, or not, if the kid ultimately signs and plays with Bama it will be considered an act of genius by CNS.
Bama fans will love it and rival fans will construe it to be "BAD".........but will be wishing their coaches would do the same thing.:smile:

The aubs will shoot for 300 letters.:wink:
Well, whatever happened, it sounds like it made a huge impression on the young man! :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I'm surprised at how big this story has become.

Watch the NCAA make a rule on how many letters a school can send a recruit.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Thinking of the reaction the control-freak Saban must have had when he heard of this; wonder if it was a mini-explosion, a roll-the eyes, or . . .what?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thinking of the reaction the control-freak Saban must have had when he heard of this; wonder if it was a mini-explosion, a roll-the eyes, or . . .what?
I don't think it would have been an eye roll. When the process breaks down the reaction is going to be severe IMO.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

My guess is they were supposed to be shipped one per day or every other day or so. Not all at one time.
This is usually the practice of major universities and to have multiple templates and send out one per day. Looks like someone was new in the UA mailroom and sent all the letters at once.

RollTide66

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Since Bama has 2 rb commits, wondering if this guy still has a shot, or did he spend too much time opening the letters and not talking with the staff and missed his chance to commit?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Since Bama has 2 rb commits, wondering if this guy still has a shot, or did he spend too much time opening the letters and not talking with the staff and missed his chance to commit?
Some are saying and one poster quoted another recruit that we were taking 3 RB's in this class so if true, he has not missed his chance. I'm not sure I see us taking another RB in this class though.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
He was just quoted saying he has no problem with UA having 2 other RBs already recruited. That it is a plus for UA to have all three of them together so they can push each other on the field. He grew up with Jones and is very close to him. He also has a great relationship with Burns and likes the idea of playing in a pro set.

"You can't get better without having some competition."

http://alabama.rivals.com/barrier_n...pt=content.asp&cid=1335580&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Wow. Just saw some of the film on Alvin Kamara from the ESPN recruiting website. Tree trunks for legs. This dude can fly too. great hands out of the backfield. Looks like Reuben and Tyren are still on him trying to bring him to Bama. Hope he comes to bama. With Tyren and Altee already committed, is there a chance one of them moves to the slot? or defense? I can see Alvin working out of the slot.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Wow. Just saw some of the film on Alvin Kamara from the ESPN recruiting website. Tree trunks for legs. This dude can fly too. great hands out of the backfield. Looks like Reuben and Tyren are still on him trying to bring him to Bama. Hope he comes to bama. With Tyren and Altee already committed, is there a chance one of them moves to the slot? or defense? I can see Alvin working out of the slot.
Pretty sure he's being recruited as a safety by Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.