2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Sunday Game 3 vs. FAU

Final, 9-4 FAU. FAU sweeps. Embarrassing, Mitch and especially Andy

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

It is. I'm not throwing in the towel or being negative, but that was very embarrassing to lose all 3 games.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tough weekend we better start hitting the ball or it is going to be a long year. I know the error was costly Friday, giving them 4 unearned runs but we still got out hit. The last two days were just unreal. Hope we turn things arounds quickly.

BamaNation Third Team

When's the last time we have been swept opening weekend?

EDIT:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/CollegesAlab...soul-searching

Florida Atlantic sweeping the Crimson Tide in a three-game series to start the year isn’t totally unheard of. It’s just been a while.

It’s been 60 years since something like that has happened at Alabama. In 1952, the Tide started out 0-3, finishing the season two games above .500. (That last bit is what you’d call the “bright side” of things.)

But losing a three-game series at home to start the year? That has never occurred in Alabama history.
    Last edited by bama0610; February 19th, 2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: found answer

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bama0610 View Post
    When's the last time we have been swept opening weekend?

EDIT:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/CollegesAlab...soul-searching
    First for everything.....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sad to hear we got swept on opening day.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

Nothing as disheartening as thinking you need to say wait til next year three days into baseball season.

BamaNation Second Team

Was anyone on this board at any of the games this weekend? I told everyone before the series that any "Baseball team" (this is NOT football) from South Florida is very good and will be very well coached, and FAU was both,

We was reversed pitched the entire weekend with FAU throwing 75% breaking balls and change ups to 25% fastballs this early in the year. This team won the Sunbelt Conf and will compete for it again this year. Our hitters didnt have a clue what was going on sitting up there looking dead red for the fastball. Not one of our hitters figured this out and actually tried a different approach, (looking off speed or breaking ball)

Pitching will actually be better than billed from what I seen but I wish they would let the pitchers call their own pitches or shake off what they want. Playing better teams early is always a great thing to do so you know what gets exposed.
    (Last year we was beat by UCF early and the end of the year we swept them in the playoffs)

Remember, we still have auditions going on this early. I think Booth needs to return to 3rd and Moore behind the dish. Miller back to RF and Hunter Gregory to LF final. That gives 2 LH sticks full time in the lineup and LH DH in Carlisle.

Just some opinions, but look for this team to be fine. Way early to throw in the towel and BTW, FAU head skipper has coached that team for 22 years and can Coach
    Last edited by RoyDMercer; February 19th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

BamaNation Second Team

everybody has an opinion - near 45 hits in a series is not pitching better than expected i hope. i am not ready to give up on the hitters or the defense. the freshman at third made errors at critcal times so he will probably learn from that. we only have 2 catchers so they will probably share the duty. looks like whoever can hit will play the of corners. i am not ready to give up quite yet so i think i will stick with coach g for a while as it seems like the last couple of years he has brought us along faily well by years end.

BamaNation Second Team

45 hits in 3 days? maybe so but credit FAU hitters for their approach. So many of their RH hitters was sitting off speed and fighting off fast balls, thus so many hits down the right field line with 2 hitting first base. Again, I thought FAU had a very good idea and approach and I thought they was very well coached.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RoyDMercer View Post
    Was anyone on this board at any of the games this weekend? I told everyone before the series that any "Baseball team" (this is NOT football) from South Florida is very good and will be very well coached, and FAU was both,

We was reversed pitched the entire weekend with FAU throwing 75% breaking balls and change ups to 25% fastballs this early in the year. This team won the Sunbelt Conf and will compete for it again this year. Our hitters didnt have a clue what was going on sitting up there looking dead red for the fastball. Not one of our hitters figured this out and actually tried a different approach, (looking off speed or breaking ball)

Pitching will actually be better than billed from what I seen but I wish they would let the pitchers call their own pitches or shake off what they want. Playing better teams early is always a great thing to do so you know what gets exposed.
    (Last year we was beat by UCF early and the end of the year we swept them in the playoffs)

Remember, we still have auditions going on this early. I think Booth needs to return to 3rd and Moore behind the dish. Miller back to RF and Hunter Gregory to LF final. That gives 2 LH sticks full time in the lineup and LH DH in Carlisle.

Just some opinions, but look for this team to be fine. Way early to throw in the towel and BTW, FAU head skipper has coached that team for 22 years and can Coach
    some of that isn't right. FAU didn't win the Sun Belt last year - Troy did. FIU was in second by a half-game and regarded as the hot team from Florida. FAU won it 2 years ago but obviously this is a totally different team.

This guy has only been the head coach for 4 years. Just look it up.

Having said that, sure they are well-coached and probably have some good players, but WE SHOULD NOT EVER BE IN A POSITION WHERE A TEAM FROM THE SUN BELT, OHIO VALLEY OR WHATEVER COMES IN AND SWEEPS US IN A WEEKEND SERIES! EVER!

And, we don't need to be filling our everyday lineup with Tuscaloosa walk-ons like the Tullidges and Gregory.

The worst thing Mitch did was take out Cole after 2 innings just because of one error. He's a guy that could be one of our better hitters talent-wise and screwing with a true freshman's confidence this early on and inserting a Tullidge who only helps us when he's walking or getting HBP, is not the pattern for success.

I like Moore as well and think he'll be pretty good in time. Surprising that Miller didn't play over the last 2 games but he hasn't really shown anything over his first 2 years as a starter. New bats aren't going to improve .250 and 0 HRs that much.

I'm trying not to throw in the towel. I get that Mitch has led us to a Super Regional in a year where we underachieved for the regular season and got hot at the end, and to a regional last year with a bad hitting team, thanks to a strong top 3 pitchers and our RPI/SOS being inflated thanks to the SEC's power, and then getting to play a scrub 2 seed like UCF. Well, we don't get those 3 quality losses to Florida this year.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RoyDMercer View Post
    Not at all surprised by this statement about our hitters not being able to figure it out. It's not like we have a hitting coach who has actually ever coached before at any level until he was an emergency hire last year.