Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: HHH vs. Undertaker, Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBleedRed View Post
    WM streak should come to an end for the Undertaker, but it won't. There is only one character who can "retired" Undertaker and this HHH. But alas it won't happen at WM, but at some show like Summerslam. But I do get the feeling we are seeing the end of the "Attitude" era of the WWE. I think Taker retires by some point this year, Kane within the year, and I could see HHH retiring after WM.

As for the cards, I think I would put the HITC match between HHH/UT last. Rock/Cena should be interesting, but I don't think it should be THE main event. I am more interested in HHH/UT than I am of Rock/Cena.

With that said, Punk/Jericho or Bryan/Sheamus (or both) will steal WM.
    The issue there is that Rock and Cena has sold this show since last year. It's the match that's getting all the priority. Even with the Hell in the Cell, I can't see it not going on last. I'd have Sheamus/Bryan open the show, Hell in the Cell go in the middle, Punk/Jericho go next to last, and then Rock/Cena to close things.
    Last edited by DiamondDust; February 24th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

new twist in the HIAC match, not sure what WWE does with it. In a phone interview with WWE.com today, Shawn Michaels went on a bit of a rant about the match. you can hear it here. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...r-than-tripleh

I imagine his rant was kayfabe, just knowing what we know about HBK and the general rule of "what you see (hear) they want you to see (hear)" The question becomes if HBK may have more to do with this match later down the road. Is it possible that the showstopper is regretting his retirement or will we see him mixed into this match someway?

its been rumored for a while that HBK may end up as a guest ref or even as a third member of the match, and its of course possible that it goes nowhere, but WM 28 is looking fantastic this year especially after the less than stellar card at 27
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    new twist in the HIAC match, not sure what WWE does with it. In a phone interview with WWE.com today, Shawn Michaels went on a bit of a rant about the match. you can hear it here. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...r-than-tripleh

I imagine his rant was kayfabe, just knowing what we know about HBK and the general rule of "what you see (hear) they want you to see (hear)" The question becomes if HBK may have more to do with this match later down the road. Is it possible that the showstopper is regretting his retirement or will we see him mixed into this match someway?

its been rumored for a while that HBK may end up as a guest ref or even as a third member of the match, and its of course possible that it goes nowhere, but WM 28 is looking fantastic this year especially after the less than stellar card at 27
    Outside of maybe being the referee, I don't want to see HBK involved in the match. Triple H vs. Taker really needs to stand on its own. A Hell in the Cell match really doesn't need a special referee (or a referee of any sorts when you think about it).

Also - it was rumored that HBK was going to be the referee last year as well, but he just got involved in some build-up segments.
    Last edited by DiamondDust; February 25th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

-Bill Belichick

My Mood

An Intercontinental Championship Match Cody Rhodes (champ) vs. Big Show, has been set for Wrestlemania. The card keeps getting better imo. Big Show finally in a serious matchup at WM, Rhodes has been a good champ, but I think Big Show deserves to take this one because how hard he's been working in the Bryan angle, not to mention his performance at the Elimination Chamber helped steal the show. should be a good undercard, shaping up.

An Intercontinental Championship Match Cody Rhodes (champ) vs. Big Show, has been set for Wrestlemania. The card keeps getting better imo. Big Show finally in a serious matchup at WM, Rhodes has been a good champ, but I think Big Show deserves to take this one because how hard he's been working in the Bryan angle, not to mention his performance at the Elimination Chamber helped steal the show. should be a good undercard, shaping up.
    Honestly, Cody getting the win does a lot more in the long run than Big Show. You can really put a sense of credibility on Cody Rhodes by scoring a title match victory against Big Show at Wrestlemania.

-Bill Belichick

My Mood

also appears as if Randy Orton will have some kind of match with Kane. 2nd year in a row that the viper hasn't been in a feature match at WM which is surprising, even though he and CMpunk had one of the best matches on last years ppv, it was still not a main event. I wonder if his injury a month or so back has anything to do with him missing out on a title match this year?

BamaNation All-American CrimsonBleedRed's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

also appears as if Randy Orton will have some kind of match with Kane. 2nd year in a row that the viper hasn't been in a feature match at WM which is surprising, even though he and CMpunk had one of the best matches on last years ppv, it was still not a main event. I wonder if his injury a month or so back has anything to do with him missing out on a title match this year?
    I thought Orton was in a Three Way Match with Sheamus and Bryan? Something change?
    The quote of the week came when Upshaw noted the AU coaching staff was still recruiting him. “They said I could come to AU and be another Quentin Groves. I told them that I could go to Alabama and be another Quentin Groves,” he said.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBleedRed View Post
    I thought Orton was in a Three Way Match with Sheamus and Bryan? Something change?
    no the bryan sheamus match is just the two of them.

Probably so... you get injured around this time of year, and it will put a real risk as to your Wrestlemania position.

Also - throwing him and Kane together along with a Big Show/Cody match makes me think they might not do Money in the Bank.

Update: Money in the Bank will be the July PPV so it looks like no Wrestlemania match.
    Last edited by DiamondDust; March 2nd, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

-Bill Belichick

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Probably so... you get injured around this time of year, and it will put a real risk as to your Wrestlemania position.

Also - throwing him and Kane together along with a Big Show/Cody match makes me think they might not do Money in the Bank.

Update: Money in the Bank will be the July PPV so it looks like no Wrestlemania match.
    Yea i saw that about MITB, i know this card didnt need a MITB but since the goal is to put on the best WM ever, it would help toward that goal. That being said theres no reason for them to throw it on this ppv when they can cash in on it, so to speak, in 4 months.

I hope we end up seeing a triangle tlc match for the tag belts, that may be interesting.

Yea i saw that about MITB, i know this card didnt need a MITB but since the goal is to put on the best WM ever, it would help toward that goal. That being said theres no reason for them to throw it on this ppv when they can cash in on it, so to speak, in 4 months.

I hope we end up seeing a triangle tlc match for the tag belts, that may be interesting.
    The whole GM vs. GM thing is going to impact the tag-title match. If they do a three way for that, you take Kofi and R-Truth off the face team and basically just leave Santino and not a lot else against the likes of Henry, Christian, Del Rio, and even Otunga.

-Bill Belichick

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    The whole GM vs. GM thing is going to impact the tag-title match. If they do a three way for that, you take Kofi and R-Truth off the face team and basically just leave Santino and not a lot else against the likes of Henry, Christian, Del Rio, and even Otunga.
    Without Kofi and Truth I guess it leaves you with Santino, dibiase, justin Gabriel, Ryder(maybe), and brodus Clay for the face team. There is also the talk of a possible return of Rey Mysterio in some match.

My Mood

in case you missed it, HBK has been added as guest ref....nice.