HHH vs. Undertaker, Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
And they just wrote Christian out of the 12-man match... leaving a heel spot open.

Edit: Looks like Drew McIntyre is taking it.

Edit (X2): And Booker T gets the last spot on Team Long
BIG step down there for that match, have to think Christian must still be hurt.

Back to HHH, at the time when he was THE man he was still a heel. Rock had left, Austin was gone, and he was sort of left there alone. He did his partI'd say, Ive always thought he is responsible for putting over Cena and to some extent Edge. No one blames Taker for failing to keep the company strong, but he was there too forcing us to tolerate his kid rock phase. of course it doesnt hurt that I was always a HHH mark.

Austin and Rock in their prime together is something that rarely happens in sports and the bubble was bound to burst. and HHH filled the power vacuum as well as anyone could at the time.

you do have a point about the build for this match but Im cool with it. Hard to put HHH over as an underdog and sense most people dont really expect Taker to lose we have to get at least a bit of a reason to believe he can win. playin the Taker cant get it done idea was just the way they chose to go at this one. Honestly I dont need a back story here, still a fantastic match.

BIG step down there for that match, have to think Christian must still be hurt.

Back to HHH, at the time when he was THE man he was still a heel. Rock had left, Austin was gone, and he was sort of left there alone. He did his partI'd say, Ive always thought he is responsible for putting over Cena and to some extent Edge. No one blames Taker for failing to keep the company strong, but he was there too forcing us to tolerate his kid rock phase. of course it doesnt hurt that I was always a HHH mark.

Austin and Rock in their prime together is something that rarely happens in sports and the bubble was bound to burst. and HHH filled the power vacuum as well as anyone could at the time.

you do have a point about the build for this match but Im cool with it. Hard to put HHH over as an underdog and sense most people dont really expect Taker to lose we have to get at least a bit of a reason to believe he can win. playin the Taker cant get it done idea was just the way they chose to go at this one. Honestly I dont need a back story here, still a fantastic match.
Taker might be the undisputed locker room leader, but he's never been put in the position as being "The Man" to lead the company. He's always been the special attraction type wrestler, even when he held a championship. You are right about Austin and Rock was something that rarely happened, but Triple H was more or less forced down our throats and business suffered. People got buried at his expense when it was clear he shouldn't have been on top or as dominant as he was being portrayed.

I guess my thing is that I've never been a Triple H mark, outside of his initial leadership of DX. He was great in that role, but I could never really buy or accept him as the top guy... especially considering his relationship with Stephanie McMahon (Although it's been said that she has and will readily shoot him down and reject his ideas/suggestions at times). Still, he has performed well in some of his bigger matches. The two he had with Mick Foley at the start of 2000 were top notch, and last year's match with The Undertaker was highly entertaining.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Taker might be the undisputed locker room leader, but he's never been put in the position as being "The Man" to lead the company. He's always been the special attraction type wrestler, even when he held a championship. You are right about Austin and Rock was something that rarely happened, but Triple H was more or less forced down our throats and business suffered. People got buried at his expense when it was clear he shouldn't have been on top or as dominant as he was being portrayed.

I guess my thing is that I've never been a Triple H mark, outside of his initial leadership of DX. He was great in that role, but I could never really buy or accept him as the top guy... especially considering his relationship with Stephanie McMahon (Although it's been said that she has and will readily shoot him down and reject his ideas/suggestions at times). Still, he has performed well in some of his bigger matches. The two he had with Mick Foley at the start of 2000 were top notch, and last year's match with The Undertaker was highly entertaining.
Was one of those that the HHH cactus jack hardcore match at the Rumble? that match was awesome, I thought helped HHH get over his brutal heel character. He and the Rock had some great ones too for the IC. A ladder match comes to mind, I cant remember what PPV it was at though.

Was one of those that the HHH cactus jack hardcore match at the Rumble? that match was awesome, I thought helped HHH get over his brutal heel character. He and the Rock had some great ones too for the IC. A ladder match comes to mind, I cant remember what PPV it was at though.
Yeah... the two matches with Foley were at the 2000 Royal Rumble and then the February PPV after that. The build to the Royal Rumble one (the match with the thumbtacks) had an awesome angle where Triple H gave Mankind a vicious beatdown. Mankind came out on Smackdown and said he couldn't wrestle in the match, but he had found a replacement. Triple H was smirking until Foley kept walking down the ramp where he took his mask and shirt off to reveal the Cactus Jack shirt. Triple H sold it incredibly.

The ladder match with The Rock was at Summerslam '98

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Yeah... the two matches with Foley were at the 2000 Royal Rumble and then the February PPV after that. The build to the Royal Rumble one (the match with the thumbtacks) had an awesome angle where Triple H gave Mankind a vicious beatdown. Mankind came out on Smackdown and said he couldn't wrestle in the match, but he had found a replacement. Triple H was smirking until Foley kept walking down the ramp where he took his mask and shirt off to reveal the Cactus Jack shirt. Triple H sold it incredibly.

The ladder match with The Rock was at Summerslam '98

always loved to see mick come out as Cactus for matches. Mankind was better for promos, my opinion, because it allowed him to be funnier. But he was literally and figuratively a different man in the ring as cactus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.