Santorum: Satan is working on the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

It's On A Slab

Back to this fire farting beetle thing. I'm curious how the beetle, or its body, decided or otherwise learned that it was these chemicals in its body that predators disliked and not something else, thus sparking the series of mutations that created more of the chemicals.
Fire farting Beatle.

You mean like John and Yoko after eating vegan bean burritos before a bed-in?

hoopjsn

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
All you evolutionists are hilarious. Next thing you know you'll be trying to tell us how bright bolts of power coming from the sky are actually some kind of atmospheric electrostatic discharge and not Thor striking out against his enemies.

Or something completely off the wall like how huge waves that wipe out coastal towns are actually the result of water displaced by tectonic plates beneath the ocean shifting suddenly, and aren't simply a show of power on the part of Poseidon.

Which sounds more plausible to you? C'mon, man.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I never understood why the design and construction of the "truck" couldn't be gradual "natural processes"
honestly, i haven't said it couldn't be either. i have merely stated that there are problems with evolution that evolutionists will not accept. they want it so bad to be fact that they will attempt to crush out any opposition.... just as you have seen here on this thread.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
honestly, i haven't said it couldn't be either. i have merely stated that there are problems with evolution that evolutionists will not accept. they want it so bad to be fact that they will attempt to crush out any opposition.... just as you have seen here on this thread.
still don't understand how the scientific method works i see.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Design and construction imply intent for which there is insufficient evidence. Postulating a designer raises more questions than it answers. Occam's Razor
the simpler one, according to you, is the process of evolution? seriously? a god created everything that we see and set it all in motion vs we had to evolve over millions of years by successive series of tiny micro-evolutions until you have the extreme variation of complex life that we see on earth..... that doesn't even begin to describe where all this stuff came from which is a direct attack on your statement about postulating a designer. i'm not really seeing how evolution is the simpler of the two, but if that's what you want to believe.....

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Just a couple of quotes from Darwin before I hit the sack for the evening.

"The number of intermediate and transitional links, between all living and extinct species, must have been inconceivably great."

"Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain."

Now, we are apparently finding new fossils all the time.... however, there do not seem to be quite an "inconceivably great" number of transitional and intermediate fossils. I'm sure you can pull some off the internet, but Darwin's quotes above address the issue all by themselves....."Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain."

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
don't understand the meaning of attack either i see ;)

it still doesn't make intelligent design any less nonsensical
your insistence that I don't know anything about the scientific method does not make evolution any more proven either.... at best it is a theory with SOME support.... not a fact....

hoopjsn

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
the simpler one, according to you, is the process of evolution? seriously? a god created everything that we see and set it all in motion vs we had to evolve over millions of years by successive series of tiny micro-evolutions until you have the extreme variation of complex life that we see on earth..... that doesn't even begin to describe where all this stuff came from which is a direct attack on your statement about postulating a designer. i'm not really seeing how evolution is the simpler of the two, but if that's what you want to believe.....
Is thunder caused by a rapid expansion of air due to the intense heat of a sudden atmospheric electrostatic discharge or is it just god expressing disapproval?

Clearly in the case of a detailed scientific theory vs "god did it", the latter will always be the more simple explanation.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
Is thunder caused by a rapid expansion of air due to the intense heat of a sudden atmospheric electrostatic discharge or is it just god expressing disapproval?

Clearly in the case of a detailed scientific theory vs "god did it", the latter will always be the more simple explanation.
Clearly you are not aware that the sun revolves around the earth much like the rest of the universe. Therefore the lighting is from Saturn and Jupiter backtracking to get back inline with the rest of the cosmos.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
To believe in a designer with the capability of creating our universe is at least as large a leap as to believe in spontaneous existence of the universe itself. Furthermore, postulating a designer resolves nothing, because then, in infinite regression, the origin of the designer is in need of explanation.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
To believe in a designer with the capability of creating our universe is at least as large a leap as to believe in spontaneous existence of the universe itself. Furthermore, postulating a designer resolves nothing, because then, in infinite regression, the origin of the designer is in need of explanation.
Which has always been the speed bump for me. Yet neither the big bang, string theory or just take me for my word and believe have me pulled in all kindsa directions.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Just a couple of quotes from Darwin before I hit the sack for the evening.

"The number of intermediate and transitional links, between all living and extinct species, must have been inconceivably great."

"Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain."

Now, we are apparently finding new fossils all the time.... however, there do not seem to be quite an "inconceivably great" number of transitional and intermediate fossils. I'm sure you can pull some off the internet, but Darwin's quotes above address the issue all by themselves....."Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain."
Transitional forms in wing development

Geology cannot be expected to provide infinitely graduated fossilization. All we can do is look at the fossil record we do have, and that most assuredly shows a wealth of intermediate links and transitional forms in extinct species that are the distant ancestors of today's biology.

The Origin & the fossil record

Darwin argued that what evidence could be extracted from the fossil record supported his theories. The fact that few intermediates are known is not a problem for his ideas, as it is expected based on our understanding of geological processes. In later editions however, Darwin did include discussions on new fossil finds, including the link between birds and reptiles through fossils such as Archaeopteryx. In the 150 years since The Origin was published many more examples of fossils which link distinct groups have been found; as the fossil record becomes more complete it only adds to the evidence for evolution.
This is what Darwin was saying.

Last edited:

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama

you didn't look at the link he sited, did you? occam's(sp?) razor suggests that the simpler explanation is the one that must be, basically

Last edited:

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Transitional forms in wing development

Geology cannot be expected to provide infinitely graduated fossilization. All we can do is look at the fossil record we do have, and that most assuredly shows a wealth of intermediate links and transitional forms in extinct species that are the distant ancestors of today's biology.

The Origin & the fossil record

This is what Darwin was saying.
first of all.... how convenient.... but, i'm just quoting darwin for ya. He at least acknowledged there were problems with his theory. you refuse to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.