Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Santorum: Satan is working on the USA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Can we just do this?

Rock it any way you wish.
    Last edited by SavannahDare; February 22nd, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Rock it anyway you wish.
    That works on the "What creeps you out?" thread for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    All believers in Satan, raise your hands! I dare you.
    *raises hand* alright now, don't hold back! :P

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    I believe in the "Render into Caesar..." philosophy; what I don't agree with is the line of thinking that business can be separated from religion. You can't proclaim to be a Christian and screw and impoverish everybody you meet; those two scenarios cannot logically coexist.
    In public schools, kids should be taught about all religions, because you can't separate religion from anything historically, and be accurate.
    In government, religion should not exist; using as a guide those religious ideals and tenets that have been historically accepted as the dichotomy of "right and wrong" is OK, even necessary IMO; but constantly interjecting God and Satan into political discourse is just not productive. IMO
    Have you EVER read anything from the FOUNDING FATHERS?

Many quotes from them all about God/satan/this country and the original laws/Constitution/Ammendments worked just fine. Its been the LIBERAL insertion in the last 50 or so years that has messed this country up and will continue to do so.

I'm afraid that this country is doomed if we do not see a great revival throughout the land.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilred View Post

Many quotes from them all about God/satan/this country and the original laws/Constitution/Ammendments worked just fine. Its been the LIBERAL insertion in the last 50 or so years that has messed this country up and will continue to do so.

I'm afraid that this country is doomed if we do not see a great revival throughout the land.
    verbal assault in 3.....2......1........

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by nx4bama View Post
    *raises hand* alright now, don't hold back! :P
    I beleive that satan exist and is running rampant in our land, yet I will not yeald to him because my Savior is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords !!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

As often, and maybe more than you have - maybe not. Where was the Islam back then? Buddhism? Judaism? "Freedom of religion" means just that, and it also means you have no right to force yours on anyone else.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

There are a lot of good revivals on Broadway. Toss in some touring companies and you're good to go. Speaking of which, I got tickets for Wicked this weekend for the wife and daughter.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Most of the quotes I have seen were about preventing religion from dominating politics.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    There are a lot of good revivals on Broadway. Toss in some touring companies and you're good to go. Speaking of which, I got tickets for Wicked this weekend for the wife and daughter.
    Gonna go see that with my wife sometime next month. Looking forward to it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Most of the quotes I have seen were about preventing religion from dominating politics.
    Lilred, check out this site...
    LINK
    Now let's talk.......
    I do think one reference in a quote by Adams about "carloads" is inaccurate, but I think most of it is correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

"If you build it, they will come."

"Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post

George Washington
    1st U.S. President
    "While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
    --The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.

John Adams
    2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
    "Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
    --Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."
    --Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever."
    --Adams wrote this in a letter to his wife, Abigail, on July 3, 1776.

Thomas Jefferson
    3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
    "God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
    --Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
    --The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

John Hancock
    1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence
    "Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."
    --History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

Benjamin Franklin
    Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution
    "Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.
    That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.
    As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see; But I apprehend it has received various corrupting changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble. I see no harm, however, in its being believed, if that belief has the good consequence, as probably it has, of making his doctrines more respected and more observed; especially as I do not perceive, that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the unbelievers in his government of the world with any peculiar marks of his displeasure."