Santorum: Satan is working on the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
the satan mentioned in the post attributed to paul harvey is nothing but a simplistic fixture of "bad" upon which to blame everything you don't like about the world.
who, intriguingly, is very similar to the one Rick Santorum spoke of in the article posted at the top of this thread.....

but, as i've already repeated for you once, IF YOU BELIEVE IN SATAN (you never provided me with any other alternatives, by the way), it isn't a huge leap to assume he could have influenced all of those things in the Paul Harvey post.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
the satan mentioned in the post attributed to paul harvey is nothing but a simplistic fixture of "bad" upon which to blame everything you don't like about the world.
And I can all but bet this is the beginning of where the disagreements really get heated.

-How do we determine "bad" or "good"?
-We must have a measuring stick, something to compare a "something" to in order to determine if it is "bad" or "good".
-Even "spiritual" people (and I'll go as far and say even professed Christians) do not use the same measuring stick, standard of which to measure by, of what's "bad" or "good".

But this ought to be good anyway.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Oh, yeah, Satan grabbed hold of me a LONG time ago. I wear make-up, jeans, am the primary bread-winner in my marriage, like to dance to rock 'n roll, and my tubes are tied. I'm going to hell for sure!
Off topic.. but it seems like getting your tubes tied has kinda fallen out of poularity lately.. I dont dont know a single person who has had it done. But I remember My mom and my step mom all my aunts and all their friends getting it done. Maybe its a southern thing and it just isnt popular here?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
who, intriguingly, is very similar to the one Rick Santorum spoke of in the article posted at the top of this thread.....

but, as i've already repeated for you once, IF YOU BELIEVE IN SATAN (you never provided me with any other alternatives, by the way), it isn't a huge leap to assume he could have influenced all of those things in the Paul Harvey post.
Once you've taken the leap of believing in a literal, sentient, supernatural, malevolent force, believing that such a force has a hand in the world's calamities is an admittedly minor leap, if not an implication. But that's akin to saying if you believe in Spider-Man, it's not a huge leap to believe he can swing around town on a web.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
And I can all but bet this is the beginning of where the disagreements really get heated.

-How do we determine "bad" or "good"?
-We must have a measuring stick, something to compare a "something" to in order to determine if it is "bad" or "good".
-Even "spiritual" people (and I'll go as far and say even professed Christians) do not use the same measuring stick, standard of which to measure by, of what's "bad" or "good".

But this ought to be good anyway.
yeah, i agree with you. i see/saw too much emphasis in many forms of christianity (or the religious incarnation of it) where folks spent all of their time trying to figure out who/what is good and who/what is bad. its a vortex.

that's why i avoid delving too deep into discussions such as these and stick with enjoying them ;)

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

and i feel the same about rick santorum's "satan"

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
that's why i avoid delving too deep into discussions such as these and stick with enjoying them ;)
Amen. You can talk about someones nose being big their mamma being ugly and fat but you throw one God joke out there and some people go off the deep end on you.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Once you've taken the leap of believing in a literal, sentient, supernatural, malevolent force, believing that such a force has a hand in the world's calamities is an admittedly minor leap, if not an implication. But that's akin to saying if you believe in Spider-Man, it's not a huge leap to believe he can swing around town on a web.
you're welcome to that opinion, but i did start the original post with "IF"

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Off topic.. but it seems like getting your tubes tied has kinda fallen out of poularity lately.. I dont dont know a single person who has had it done. But I remember My mom and my step mom all my aunts and all their friends getting it done. Maybe its a southern thing and it just isnt popular here?
I have the surgical courage of my convictions! I didn't want to leave anything to chance and told my OB/GYN to "cut 'em, cauterize 'em, rinse and repeat!" :)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.