Santorum: Satan is working on the USA

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
and I'll throw this little gem out there...

"One of the embarrassing problems for the early nineteenth-century
champions of the Christian faith was that not one of the first six
Presidents of the United States was an orthodox Christian."
--The Encyclopedia Britannica, 1968, p. 420

We all know the EB is full of hokum...:rolleyes:

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
and I'll throw this little gem out there...

"One of the embarrassing problems for the early nineteenth-century
champions of the Christian faith was that not one of the first six
Presidents of the United States was an orthodox Christian."
--The Encyclopedia Britannica, 1968, p. 420

We all know the EB is full of hokum...:rolleyes:
What is an Orthodox Christian? Just curious....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
On what levels is that statement of his wrong?
the presumption that the "fall" of America is because of "turning from God" is absurd. there are multiple levels to that absurdity.

Besides, why is this such a big deal. Santorum believes that Satan exist (as do Christians) and has an influence on the country in which we live. Is that really that different than sitting in a church while the pastor bemoans the GD US of KKK A?
i don't think its a big deal one way or the other. its information. if he wants to spend his time trying to convince the electorate that the problems with the US are because of satan's influence, have at it, but don't whine when people ask you about it.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Google it....:smile:
I did and from I can tell it is no different than a modern day Protestant, Catholic, Evangelical, or whatever the mainstream wants to refer to as a Christian nowadays. At least I think that is what it means from the quick scan I read.

I have to work in Bham. Aren't you in Mobile? Ya'll don't work down there. You are probably on the pier right now fishing. Look it up on Google and tell me.:smile:

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
the presumption that the "fall" of America is because of "turning from God" is absurd. there are multiple levels to that absurdity.

Such as.....

i don't think its a big deal one way or the other. its information. if he wants to spend his time trying to convince the electorate that the problems with the US are because of satan's influence, have at it, but don't whine when people ask you about it.
I don't think he is spending any time trying to convince people of that. He has said look up all of his old speeches and in the meantime he is going to continue on the track of talking about the problems of this country and the fixes for those problems. At no point did he mention his religious beliefs as fixes to those problems. Matt Drudge unearthed video of a speech Santorum gave in 2008 or 2009 and here we are. It is not like Santorum is talking about following the winds of Islam when times get tough. God forbid if he had said that or there would be a firestorm, oh wait never mind.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
OMG its the key to the vault...........

This key. This key was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the key it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that key was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His arse. Five long years, he wore this key up his arse. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the key. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my arse two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the key to you.

Carry on... ;)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I did and from I can tell it is no different than a modern day Protestant, Catholic, Evangelical, or whatever the mainstream wants to refer to as a Christian nowadays. At least I think that is what it means from the quick scan I read.

I have to work in Bham. Aren't you in Mobile? Ya'll don't work down there. You are probably on the pier right now fishing. Look it up on Google and tell me.:smile:
Haven't worked in almost 2 months...wish I was fishing...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't think he is spending any time trying to convince people of that.
he has repeatedly stated that obama is leading this nation from God, that there is a secular attack by our government on christiantiy, etc. its a big part of his schtick. i may even vote for him in the GA open primary in hopes of him sticking around. although, he probably doesn't need my help, santorum is pretty adhesive on its own.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
This key. This key was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the key it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that key was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His arse. Five long years, he wore this key up his arse. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the key. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my arse two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the key to you.

Carry on... ;)
Nice.....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Y'all just need to settle down. All Bama fans go to Heaven so I think all within this thread are safe. Bama is the only University mentioned in the Bible (and I'm not joking) so that should be proof for us all.

When I brought them into the land I had sworn to give them and they saw any high hill or any leafy tree, there they offered their sacrifices, made offerings that provoked me to anger, presented their fragrant incense and poured out their drink offerings. Then I said to them: What is this high place you go to?’” (It is called Bamah to this day.) Ezekiel 20:28-29
You see!!! We all good!!! :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Wow, thats another 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back:eek:
I'll just say this - Santorum will NEVER be elected POTUS and you can take that to the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.