2013 Recruiting: *** RB Tyren Jones Commits to Alabama ***

TexasBammer

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2005
Hotlanta, Ga
First time in a while that someone I've seen play in person is actually going to Bama. He seemed to have a Cadillac Williams running style to me. Fairly lean, but runs like he's angry. He is clearly the best player on offense. On Defense, Mookie Blaylock's kids were good (Both going to Kentucky). Unfortunately, Walton ran into the Robert Nkemdiche train in the State finals.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
On the downside, though, I do worry about what this says about Dee Hart's recovery. Also, I think you can probably forget about Kenyan Drake ending up at tailback at this point, he's probably going to receiver or DB. Calloway, too, is headed out from the backfield, though that was expected before this.
I think it's way too early to talk about Kenyan Drake switching positions. He isn't even on campus yet. I also don't think this says anything negative about Hart's recovery. I'd at least like to see what Hart looks like during A-day.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Since UGA fana have their conspiracy theories out that if Henry flips they will be in play for Jones. To bad he shot that down today.

There are rumors that if Henry flips from UGA to Alabama, it would create a domino effect of top running backs switching schools – like you often see among QB prospects, including Jones going from Alabama to UGA.

“Yes, I’ve been hearing all that stuff, and it’s just rumors,” Jones told the AJC on Tuesday night. “People are trying to get me to go over to Georgia. I’m not worried about all the rumors. I’m 100-percent committed to Alabama.”

When Jones was at Alabama, he also heard other recruits talking about Henry. “I don’t know his exact situation, but some kids were saying that [Henry] doesn’t care if he plays linebacker or fullback. He just wants some playing time, rather than sitting over there waiting at Georgia.”

What if Henry decides to go to Alabama to play running back? Would that make Jones have second thoughts? “I mean, I would wonder about it,” he said. “But I’m not really fazed. I’m not concerned what he does because there’s competition everywhere. If he comes to Alabama, then we’ll work hard and compete together. There’s competition at every school.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...ots-down-uga-rumors/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Steadily becoming my favorite commitment of the class of 2013. I'm a defensive guy so obviously Foster and Allen are tops for me but offensive side, Jones is awesome and will make a huge impact on UA campus and nationally. Love his attitude.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Glad to know he's solid. The comments made by other recruits are interesting. He doesn't care if he plays linebacker or fullback? That would help Alabama, then.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Going to see Tyren Jones vs. my son's Brookwood team tomorrow night at the GA Dome. I'll obviously pulling for Brookwood to beat Walton, but I sure hope Tyren has a great game.

My ideal would be for Tyren to have a great game, the game to be a scorefest and Walton lose the game on D. I know when they shake hands after the game Tyren will be getting at least one Roll Tide regardless. :smile:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Going to see Tyren Jones vs. my son's Brookwood team tomorrow night at the GA Dome. I'll obviously pulling for Brookwood to beat Walton, but I sure hope Tyren has a great game.

My ideal would be for Tyren to have a great game, the game to be a scorefest and Walton lose the game on D. I know when they shake hands after the game Tyren will be getting at least one Roll Tide regardless. :smile:
he is one of the most underrated players in the entire nation. Should be top 20 IMO

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Wonder how many carries he had this year? Kids are taking way too many hits before they even get out of high school. That brace doesn't look good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.