2013 Recruiting: *** RB Tyren Jones Commits to Alabama ***

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This is good news. Get well fast Tyren.
We lost a great RB recruit near Atlanta last year that ended up at N.C State, even if this were worse we would honor the commitment. This is where the best football in the country is played imo. They ran Tyren so hard I had a feeling that he might get hurt.

This might get Tyren a redshirt , not a bad thing.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
We lost a great RB recruit near Atlanta last year that ended up at N.C State, even if this were worse we would honor the commitment. This is where the best football in the country is played imo. They ran Tyren so hard I had a feeling that he might get hurt.

He's going to get redshirted because he has a sprain and is missing 2 weeks of his senior year in high school?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He's going to get redshirted because he has a sprain and is missing 2 weeks of his senior year in high school?
After re-reading it no. But they all have a decent chance at a red-shirt. See me after next season. He'll redshirt.

Last edited:

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
The chances of 1 or 2 of the RB recruits getting RS is not unreasonable at all. The Bama doctors will be sure to check him out extensively.

I am curious to find out how Drake does this spring. If he has a really good showing, along with Fowler making a good recovery and TJ, we won't need possible more than another RB. But my hunch is that one gets a shirt and 2 don't.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The chances of 1 or 2 of the RB recruits getting RS is not unreasonable at all. The Bama doctors will be sure to check him out extensively.

I am curious to find out how Drake does this spring. If he has a really good showing, along with Fowler making a good recovery and TJ, we won't need possible more than another RB. But my hunch is that one gets a shirt and 2 don't.
Thought Fowler had exhausted his eligibility?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Who did we lose to NC State last year?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Justin Taylor signed with Kentucky, not NC State, and according to his ESPN bio, he's got zero stats on the season.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
After re-reading it no. But they all have a decent chance at a red-shirt. See me after next season. He'll redshirt.
With the injury luck we have had with Rb's the last few years I find it hard to say someone is heading for a redshirt already. This guy is a top 10 RB in the country. He's got just as good of a chance of anyone else of coming in and contributing.

For the last two years it seems we have talked about how stacked we are at RB in the preseason only to find us one injury away from total disaster at the position. Transfers, injuries, or underperforming can take their toal quickly on what looks like a solid position.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
Thanks - so he may have two more years to play. He is an amazing talent, and I am very happy to hear it.
My word man, Jones is a 2013 commit, not even signed yet. Of course he has 2 more years and even 4 more years if we get to sign him.
Now as to Fowler, who isn't who this thread is about, who knows how many more years he has? Maybe 1 maybe 2 maybe none!!! That's a decision he will have to make. These Fowler comments belong in the Football section not the recruiting section!

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
My word man, Jones is a 2013 commit, not even signed yet. Of course he has 2 more years and even 4 more years if we get to sign him.
Now as to Fowler, who isn't who this thread is about, who knows how many more years he has? Maybe 1 maybe 2 maybe none!!! That's a decision he will have to make. These Fowler comments belong in the Football section not the recruiting section!
He was referring to Jalston Fowler injury, which was brought up in the previous few posts.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Thanks - so he may have two more years to play. He is an amazing talent, and I am very happy to hear it.
Yep. We should develop a very deep backfield with our current commits and guys on campus. Considering our injuries this year, we can't have too many backs in our offense.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
He didn't get into a fight. A guy punched him from what I've heard.(when he wasn't expecting it and doing something else) He will be fine.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.