2013 Recruiting: *** RB Tyren Jones Commits to Alabama ***

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
He didn't get into a fight ? A guy punched him from what I've heard.(when he wasn't expecting it and doing something else) He will be fine.
Some young buck trying to make a name for himself around campus by knocking out the Big bad Alabama commit
Yes. A sophomore corner punched him. Tyren never threw a punch. Depending on if it's an upper or lower jaw it will be 2 to 6 weeks on a liquid diet with his jaw wired shut.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yes. A sophomore corner punched him. Tyren never threw a punch. Depending on if it's an upper or lower jaw it will be 2 to 6 weeks on a liquid diet with his jaw wired shut.
Thats a good lead time for the recovery of a broken jaw. I had a good friend break his jaw and wired and he dropped about 15-20 lbs.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Really? :rolleye2: Thrown out of school for throwing a punch?
Perhaps he meant alternative school. Either way, sucker punching a fellow student causing serious injury is a pretty major offense. I would imagine alternative school would/should be the minimum punishment.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Really? :rolleye2: Thrown out of school for throwing a punch?
Most school systems have pretty strict policies about assaults, especially those that result in hospital visits. If there is a police report associated with this, I don't think expulsion is out of the question.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Not sure what the rules are anymore but in GA when I graduated any fight on school grounds resulted in criminal charges.
Bingo. In elementary school you have "fights." By the time you are an 17 or 18-year old kid / adult in high school, it's called criminal assault and battery.

And if it's like most "fights" as adults, then more often than not the loser goes to the doctor, and the winner goes to jail.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Not sure what the rules are anymore but in GA when I graduated any fight on school grounds resulted in criminal charges.
Generally this may be the case. I am a juvenile public defender and it is up to the school on whether or not to press charges or handle it internally. If it is the first incident, the kids may be punished with in school suspension or alternative learning and then suspension/expulsion--obviously the more you get in trouble, the worse the punishment. I had a girl today who fights quite often at school and this was her first rodeo in court for fighting at school. You have to be a repeat trouble maker to face expulsion for simply fighting and at that point, there are all sorts of "due process" types of things with letters, board meetings, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.