Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Murray interview on Alec Morris

It's worth a few minutes of your time to listen to this radio interview. Kevin Murray is the owner of Air14 Passing Academy, and is a former TAMU qb from the early-mid eighties.

http://www.bamsradio.com/media/audio...2012-02-01.mp3

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kevin Murray interview on Alec Morris

Alec Morris maybe one of the most underrated players ever.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

He sounds like he know what he is talking about but dont forget that Alec is "his kid".

BamaNation All-SEC TheTradition's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TideorDie87 View Post
    He sounds like he know what he is talking about but dont forget that Alec is "his kid".
    This. But he still has to have a lot of confidence in Morris to say some of the things he did. The best thing I heard in that whole interview was that he works him from under center most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideorDie87 View Post
    Yes, but if you trump up a kid that really does not have it you lose all your credibility IMO. Anyway, I hope Alex turns out to be our next great one.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Daring on TideFans.com

Great audio... Some very interesting info about conversations between the Morris family and coach Saban..

So what do you know... we weren't even recruiting JW late in the process when most of us were sitting there on NDS watching to see if he flipped to us..

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that link. That was a very interesting interview that provided a lot of information on Morris and the recruiting process for him.

I'm looking forward to see Morris after a year in the program. His videos look impressive.

BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll say one thing. This guy calls it like he sees it. Says that Cam Newton was bought, and even called him Scam at one time. He told the truth about that, so I'm assuming he's telling the truth about Morris. He's kinda gotten me pumped about this kid.

I loved the way he talked about Saban's process in recruiting, and said that Bama is the best football program in the world.
    Last edited by p'colabamaman; February 7th, 2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added a paragraph
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner

BamaNation First Team Born_a_Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great link and thanks for posting. It sheds alot on recruiting........but this guy is full of himself.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Really good stuff...

Disturbing that the same guy (Legend) that calls and buffoons it up on Finebaum everyday is being passed off as a reputable radio host though.

Not knocking his hustle, though. If I had my way, I'd dump my day job for a gig on sports talk radio: for the same salary, of course.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed his background information on Alec Morris, but it seemed like he was pandering to his audience a little too much.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Really good stuff...

Disturbing that the same guy (Legend) that calls and buffoons it up on Finebaum everyday is being passed off as a reputable radio host though.
    this. Good info. I thought the Legend character was embarrassing actually.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this was good insight and coaches know these players better than fans or recruiting services. By looking at his film right after he committed, I was surprised he wasn't higher in the recruiting services. Prob UA's hidden gem. He reminds me of Jeff Driskel who went to UF last year without as much mobility. Maybe Gary Hollingsworth with more mobility.