Link: 2013 FL LB Dillan Lawson(UF Commit)

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I am posting this here because he commited to UF this weekend and after they reviewed his film ESPN has moved him in the 150. But if this kid is legit and we offer, I do believe we flip him. He was born in AL and is a UA fan. He said he told CWM that UA was his top school and that UF was his 2nd school. UA has not offered this kid yet, but he thinks they will and plans on visiting this spring, probably A Day game. FWIW he also has a UA "A" tatooed on his chest. Again not sure he is a take. He comes in at 6'3 218 and runs a 4.4 40.

"I mean I was born and raised in Alabama," Lawson said. "I have an Alabama tattoo on my chest. That's the reason why. I'm just an Alabama fan. That's all there is about it. I mean Alabama is my dream school, off the top, No. 1. I told coach Will [Muschamp], 'Coach I was a Gator fan when I was in Alabama, they were like my second favorite team.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/col...spn.go.com/blog/colleges/florida/post?id=2969

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...wson-135451;_ylt=AiZn5Z_RoHURQY14e9VumeVDPZB4

Rivals has not rated him yet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't understand. Why wouldn't he just wait for an offer if he feels one is coming? Why would he tell Muschamp and the public that Florida isn't his #1?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
That's got to be embarrassing for Muschamp. Don't know why the kid didn't wait a few months before committing so he could attend some Alabama camps.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That's got to be embarrassing for Muschamp. Don't know why the kid didn't wait a few months before committing so he could attend some Alabama camps.
He was probably being told he needed to commit or his spot would be taken by somebody else. Not really sure why he would tell Muschamp that unless he wanted to be totally up front with him to let him know if a Bama offer came he was gone.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
I am not familiar with Dillan Lawson, but I believe ESPN also had Petey Smith in their 150. Just sayin'.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I am posting this here because he commited to UF this weekend and after they reviewed his film ESPN has moved him in the 150. But if this kid is legit and we offer, I do believe we flip him. He was born in AL and is a UA fan. He said he told CWM that UA was his top school and that UF was his 2nd school. UA has not offered this kid yet, but he thinks they will and plans on visiting this spring, probably A Day game. FWIW he also has a UA "A" tatooed on his chest. Again not sure he is a take. He comes in at 6'3 218 and runs a 4.4 40.

"I mean I was born and raised in Alabama," Lawson said. "I have an Alabama tattoo on my chest. That's the reason why. I'm just an Alabama fan. That's all there is about it. I mean Alabama is my dream school, off the top, No. 1. I told coach Will [Muschamp], 'Coach I was a Gator fan when I was in Alabama, they were like my second favorite team.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/florida/post?id=2969&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblog%2fcolleges%2fflorida%2fpost%3fid%3d2969

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...wson-135451;_ylt=AiZn5Z_RoHURQY14e9VumeVDPZB4

Rivals has not rated him yet.
At that size, he would wind up in the Defensive Backfield for us......:cool2:

He is far too small to be a Linebacker in our Defense.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Recent examples of people who were this size and weight when arriving at the UofA that played and played effectively in our defensive front seven: Corey Reamer and Eryk Anders. If his speed is legit, he could be a safety for us, as you noted.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Recent examples of people who were this size and weight when arriving at the UofA that played and played effectively in our defensive front seven: Corey Reamer and Eryk Anders. If his speed is legit, he could be a safety for us, as you noted.
Those two aren't good examples since they weren't CNS guys. They came in under Shula and bought in to what CNS was saying and worked their tails off. I'm not sure they would be recruited by CNS with the talent Bama is getting now.

crimsonboy

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2008

He's a freaking junior in high school. I think it might be safe to presume that he'll put on a couple of pounds over the course of the next 19 months.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
He's a freaking junior in high school. I think it might be safe to presume that he'll put on a couple of pounds over the course of the next 19 months.
Funny how much things have changed and how easily people forget. We've become so spoiled with freak recruits that we expect every kid we recruit to be at least 6'4 and 250 lb's of solid muscle at 16 years old. Hell, 6'3 and 218 would have been a college tight end not THAT long ago...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Funny how much things have changed and how easily people forget. We've become so spoiled with freak recruits that we expect every kid we recruit to be at least 6'4 and 250 lb's of solid muscle at 16 years old. Hell, 6'3 and 218 would have been a college tight end not THAT long ago...
That reminded me of a Alabama/*U game I was watching on ESPN Classis. It was the 1985 game (Tiffin FG on the last play) and Frank Broyles was talking about *U defense and said "Auburn's defensive line is huge with 260 lb DT's and a 268 lb NT". It made me realize how quickly times have changed.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
That reminded me of a Alabama/*U game I was watching on ESPN Classis. It was the 1985 game (Tiffin FG on the last play) and Frank Broyles was talking about *U defense and said "Auburn's defensive line is huge with 260 lb DT's and a 268 lb NT". It made me realize how quickly times have changed.
Quickly? That was 27 years ago

We are just getting old

;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.