Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    Us winning it last year wouldn't prevent another school from doing it since it's a 4 year window. My point was that all of Coach Saban's classes from 2007 thru 2011 have won a NC.
    So yes us winning it last year did prevent LSU from doing it.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American buzzincuzzin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How's this for a powerful recruiting argument and that no other program can make.

So his pitch sould be,,,, " if you come here, in four years there's an outside chance you could be in the first Alabama class I've ever had NOT to win the championship.
    Long odds but,,, anything can happen.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Re: How's this for a powerful recruiting argument and that no other program can make.

Someone count up how many years straight we will have a team with someone on it with a national championship ring. I'm confusing myself. You can take a 5th year Sr. in 09 and go back to his true freshman year and go forward to this year's redshirted freshmen's Sr. year. I think. That's quite a few years straight with teams with someone sporting a national championship ring.

You can probably file this under dumb stats...but I thought it was interesting.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BAMAFAN IN NY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Did any of his LSU recruiting classes leave without a national championship?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.987696,-75.943093
    Touch that thang fo!-- Courtney Upshaw

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    When was the last time Mark Richt had 28% of a recruiting class get combine invites?
    28 % of Richt's recruiting class got arrested.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Us winning it last year wouldn't prevent another school from doing it since it's a 4 year window. My point was that all of Coach Saban's classes from 2007 thru 2011 have won a NC.
    No other teams 2011 class could have won a national championship since we won it this year, therefore as of now we are the only team in the nation that could make the claim that everyone of our recruiting classes has won a national title. That was my point.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    No other teams 2011 class could have won a national championship since we won it this year, therefore as of now we are the only team in the nation that could make the claim that everyone of our recruiting classes has won a national title. That was my point.

Gotcha.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Gotcha.
    Still an awesome thought. But at this point I'm not sure how much selling he has to do about or on field performance, that speaks for itself. Heisman winner, finalist, Butkus winner, two finalists, Outland Trophy winner, Thorpe finalist, All Americans all over the place, Doak Walker winner, 2 National Championships, 3 out of 4 BCS bowl games. All Saban has to do is explain why he wants them and how they fit in with what he wants to do, then make them feel comfortable with the support they will get in Ttown and it would be hard for many kids to turn down.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I expect this years class to be sporting rings before they leave Bama as well.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 9 combine invites is embarrassing. Still embarrassed by 21-0 too. Anything short of 25-0 is like a loss.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGoose View Post
    28 % of Richt's recruiting class got arrested.
    Ouch!
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation All-SEC tidefan39817's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

if i recall correctly, since Coach Saban started coaching in the SEC, no other coach has had as many 1st round draft picks than he has.