Punter Jimmy Hutchinson Commits to Auburn

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Re: Punter commits to the barn

NOT IMPRESSED!!!! they go from Long Snappers to Punters now LOL....guess you got to take what you can get when BAMA and CNS is hand picking who they want!

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

NOT IMPRESSED!!!! they go from Long Snappers to Punters now LOL....guess you got to take what you can get when BAMA and CNS is hand picking who they want!
This is awesome. They just gave a guaranteed 4 year scholly to a punter. Digging their own grave.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This is awesome. They just gave a guaranteed 4 year scholly to a punter. Digging their own grave.
I didn't think anything of it when I first saw the thread. We've signed about 4 or 5 kickers since CNS has gotten to Bama. The thing that makes this interesting is what you point out - 4 year scholarships.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

If their offense continues on it's present course they better sign about four or five more cause it definitely looks like they'll need a lot of depth at that particular position. :)

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
The "4 year scholarship" is merely propaganda with the boogs trying to appear more dedicated to the student-athlete. If a recruit does what he is supposed to and keeps his nose clean he has a 4-5 year scholarship at Bama as well as one does at the barn.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The "4 year scholarship" is merely propaganda with the boogs trying to appear more dedicated to the student-athlete. If a recruit does what he is supposed to and keeps his nose clean he has a 4-5 year scholarship at Bama as well as one does at the barn.

I can not say for sure but I would think all schools deal with scholarships on a year to year basis.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
If you are not sure why it merits a thread , why respond and take it to the top . Just a little humor on a slow day . If you don't get the irony , well , I don't care either . :rolleyes:
Roll Tide anyway

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007

Yo, PokeChop - I think you mean you "could NOT care less" - otherwise, you're implying that you care some...:p

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Punter can be a big deal. If you look at LSU's punter, Wing, he was a game changer in the first LSU/UA match up. Not to say this kid could be similar to Wing but it's still an important position. I still don't see why someone posted in on tidefans? Not sure how this affects UA at all that Aubarn got a punter. Not flaming the poster, just seems silly.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
The irony I was alluding to , was the fact that while Bama is loading up on top recruits from GA Auburn is recruiting punters and long snappers . No , it had nothing to do with our recruiting as several other posts about recruits committing to other schools don't . I thought this was a forum to discuss recruiting in general . I could have linked the thread from the AU scout board , which was quite amusing , but I would have recieved snarky remarks about that . Like I said , some get it and some don't . Such is life .rtr... :)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Rachel Barbo said on 97.3 that this was a prized recruit LOL
He will be! The last one they had got worn out in the Iron Bowl.

Next season will probably see a lot of punts.........:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The irony I was alluding to , was the fact that while Bama is loading up on top recruits from GA Auburn is recruiting punters and long snappers . No , it had nothing to do with our recruiting as several other posts about recruits committing to other schools don't . I thought this was a forum to discuss recruiting in general . I could have linked the thread from the AU scout board , which was quite amusing , but I would have recieved snarky remarks about that . Like I said , some get it and some don't . Such is life .rtr... :)
I don't see the irony in this at all. Since CNS has been at Bama, we've signed Corey Smith (2008), Cade Foster (2010), Jay Williams (2010), and Adam Griffith (2012). Where's the irony in the fact that Alabama has signed 4 kickers in 5 recruiting classes while also taking walk-ons?

I've seen posters on here complain and complain about our kickers and how we need new ones. Those posters say go get the best one out there. CNS has obviously tried to do that while at Bama. Is Chiz not allowed to do that?

Like you said, some get and some don't. I obviously fall into the category of not finding the irony in this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.