News Article: Considering a Championship Format to Replace the B.C.S.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Now who would have thunk Roy Kramer would think only conference champions should be involved in a 4 team format, plus 1 lol! ;) His hate for Bama is so obvious! Even still! If that were to be the case, the best thing the SEC could do would be to do away with his pride and joy, the conference championship game! That would serve him right! ;) I pray no one listens to his garbage!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm still trying to follow THIS logic - if UCLA had beaten Oregon, you have a 7-6 team possibly playing for the title but 11-1 team unfortunate enough to be in a tougher conference is "protecting the integrity of the regular season?"

Somebody please explain THAT one logically.0

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
This year it would've been LSU, Oregon, Okie State and Wisconsin - if Wiscy had won out, then you'd have a 3-loss team as national champ.

While 11-1 Alabama and 11-1 Stanford would play in a bowl game. Tell me that wouldn't have lead to a split with the AP giving it to the winner of that match-up.

Anyone here have a direct roy kramer email address? I really want it so if somebody somewhere has got one please post it here. This ole kramer fart is a joke and needs to be run completely out of any relations to do with college athletics. He ruined Alabama football for over 12 years and he needs to keep his corrupt mouth shut.

The fact that this idea is even beig discussed is outrageous to begin with. I hope to god that mike slive has some backbone,doesnt stand for this and dismisses this crap. The extra plus one playoff doesnt bother me much but this conference champ garbage has got to be flushed down the tube. Its only a conceived underhanded way to get rid of the sec winning the national title ever year. The pac 10,big 10,mwc,big east, big 12-2 and the acc cant compete with the sec and they know it so this is their way of trying to even the playing field.

Bama and lsu would still have played each other for the national this past season with 2 to 4 more teams in the way after they both got thru handed them their rears.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Here's the problem: the moment you require a conference champ, the next step is to give EVERY conference champ a playoff spot. If we're heading that way then this BCS hater would rather have the nonsense we have now. At least with the BCS you get 2 teams that did well in the regular season.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
The biggest flaw to the "Conf Champ" clause is that it presumes all conferences are equal - indeed they are not. As I pointed out on other forums, Alabama and Okie State both lost one game. The benefit? Okie State lost to a crappier team. If they had the exact same record, but had lost to KSU, then they don't even win the Big 12. It wasn't a question of changing their overall record either. Just swapping who it was they dropped the ball against.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It would have been better under such a scenario for us to lose to either Vandy or Ole Miss 34-0 than by 3 to LSU in OT. Insane.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.