Page 1 of 26 1234567811 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Scout Team

'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

Not sure how to post a link but there's an article on bamamag.com this am where OJ talks about auburn offering all four year scholarships instead of one year scholarships and how auburn said they will honor their commitment even if he were to get hurt or if someone higher on their board were to try to commit later. I guess they are wasting no time throwing Taylor and philon in our faces.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Barn pushing hard for OJ Howard

IIRC OJ grew up a Barn fan. I think we are going to have to sweat this one out. We are going to have to get used to teams throwing Taylor and Philon in our faces especially our little brother in W. GA who is going to have to try and do anything they can to slow down our machine.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

He is also visiting FSU soon.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Right now, BAMA is the "IT" team to beat. OJ and any of our current or future commits need to think it over real good and hard before they do something that they will regret...

FB | REC Moderator

The four year scholarship deal is something we're going to have to offer ASAP, I believe. Auburn is pumping it out to recruits, and even though it's just meaningless verbiage in reality, recruits are apparently eating it up. We're going to have to respond with something similar.

As for Howard, he seems to be a pretty soft commitment. I'm not saying that someone will flip him, but he's visiting around and listening to plenty of overtures. He's not the kind of guy at this point that we can just say, "Oh yeah, he's in the bag, no need to worry about him." We're going to have to continue to recruit him heavily.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    The four year scholarship deal is something we're going to have to offer ASAP, I believe. Auburn is pumping it out to recruits, and even though it's just meaningless verbiage in reality, recruits are apparently eating it up. We're going to have to respond with something similar.

As for Howard, he seems to be a pretty soft commitment. I'm not saying that someone will flip him, but he's visiting around and listening to plenty of overtures. He's not the kind of guy at this point that we can just say, "Oh yeah, he's in the bag, no need to worry about him." We're going to have to continue to recruit him heavily.

BET,

Is Howard worth fighting for?? his measurables is hard to predict at this point. what position is Bama recruiting him for, athlete??

BamaNation First Team

Re: 'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates (Soft Commit)

I want him to he a part of our family but if he decides to decommit then I wish the best. I think we will be ok either way. Also CNS rarely loses out on a top commitment unless there are extenuating circumstances. With that said, I fully expect Howard to be a part of the 2013 class. Also we are recruiting such elite athletes that I would be shocked if other teams DID NOT pursue and utilize everything including the kitchen sink, to try to flip our guys.
    Last edited by tungi01; February 26th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Right now, BAMA is the "IT" team to beat. OJ and any of our current or future commits need to think it over real good and hard before they do something that they will regret...
    Exactly!!!..This class is filling fast with the best of the best HS recruits..If you commit..You better hold on tight to your spot..Cause there are recruits waiting for a committable offer so they can jump aboard..

BamaNation Second Team
    Agree. Top kids are waiting in the wings, and that's why I have to wonder if the 4-year scholarship is that big an issue as a practical matter to folks we'd consider the true top-tier recruits. Seems to me the much more important consideration for them is who is going to get them ready for the NFL. Those kids already believe they'll be on scholarship the whole time they're in college. They're way past that issue.

BamaNation Third Team JBAMMER334's Avatar
    My Mood

Whats going to be funny is when auburns "awesome 4 year scholarship plan" gets them in a bind when players dont pan out or they have long term injuries and still have to honor those scholarships instead of having openings for recruits lol sounds good now but wait until the barn burns and theyre begging to get rid of these schollys!! rtr NDS=Never Doubt Saban

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    You're probably right. If we thought rival recruiters were talking crazy about Bama before, just wait until they can "legitimately" (wink, wink) say that Bama offers only 1/4 of the scholarship they can offer, and Bama wants to cut you before you even get to signing day.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonBleedRed's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by StayHydrated View Post
    Not sure how to post a link but there's an article on bamamag.com this am where OJ talks about auburn offering all four year scholarships instead of one year scholarships and how auburn said they will honor their commitment even if he were to get hurt or if someone higher on their board were to try to commit later. I guess they are wasting no time throwing Taylor and philon in our faces.
    That four year scholly gurantee is pure garbage. If he wants to buy into their "smoke and mirrors" recruiting pitch, then Bama will find someone as talented if not more talented to replace. I'm not taking a shot at the young man, I am simply stating a fact. But I will say thins, the scholly from Bama is essentially a four year deal predicated on the young men working hard on and off the field. Right now going to Auburn is essentially taking the easy road. If he prefers the easy roads, oh well.

But let me say this, I want to keep O.J. Howard and the crap AU is spewing, I simply hope players see through it.
    The quote of the week came when Upshaw noted the AU coaching staff was still recruiting him. “They said I could come to AU and be another Quentin Groves. I told them that I could go to Alabama and be another Quentin Groves,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBleedRed View Post
    the crap AU is spewing, I simply hope players see through it.
    I wouldn't bet on it. I'd be surprised if we didn't follow suit, particularly since it doesn't seem like a 4-year scholly is really much different from a 1-year.