'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If feathers are still ruffled about BamaMark's post, I do have a bit to say. I have been following this board closely for several years. It was a long time before I even signed up, and since signing up, I rarely make posts. But I read them religiously. I graduated in Dec 2001 from UA, have an Alabama license plate holder, wear my hat proudly even when living in TN or NH, and went to a bar at 9AM in Thailand after re-scheduling several weeks of a world trip just to make sure I could watch the BCS title game this year. But I have a low post count, and sometimes I do think some well-respected Alabama fans step a bit further out than I'm comfortable. That doesn't make me a barner, or a Vile. I understand how Mark misinterpreted Earle's statement, and why he would be concerned with what was said. I wonder sometimes why everyone is so quick to accuse "barners" on this site. If one or two posts that counter your opinion come out, chalk it up to misunderstanding or difference of opinion. If someone starts posting blatant anti-UA sentiment, by all means, boot them from the board. But diversity of opinion is a good thing. Misunderstandings happen. Please, be patient with each other. This goes for newbies and mods. I love this board, but I hate when people start harassing each other just because someone misunderstood something or disagreed on a point of opinion.
well said!

You should post more often.........:cool:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
If feathers are still ruffled about BamaMark's post, I do have a bit to say. I have been following this board closely for several years. It was a long time before I even signed up, and since signing up, I rarely make posts. But I read them religiously. I graduated in Dec 2001 from UA, have an Alabama license plate holder, wear my hat proudly even when living in TN or NH, and went to a bar at 9AM in Thailand after re-scheduling several weeks of a world trip just to make sure I could watch the BCS title game this year. But I have a low post count, and sometimes I do think some well-respected Alabama fans step a bit further out than I'm comfortable. That doesn't make me a barner, or a Vile. I understand how Mark misinterpreted Earle's statement, and why he would be concerned with what was said. I wonder sometimes why everyone is so quick to accuse "barners" on this site. If one or two posts that counter your opinion come out, chalk it up to misunderstanding or difference of opinion. If someone starts posting blatant anti-UA sentiment, by all means, boot them from the board. But diversity of opinion is a good thing. Misunderstandings happen. Please, be patient with each other. This goes for newbies and mods. I love this board, but I hate when people start harassing each other just because someone misunderstood something or disagreed on a point of opinion.
First off, Earle is a God on this website to us who post often and been doing so for years because....well thats all you need to know because it ain't a democracy on here its a dictatorship and we defend out dictators! ;)

Here is Earle's post,
The cow patties people have had high hopes of flipping him. Sounds like the $$ didn't talk loud enough...
Here is BamaMark's,
You know, I've read this board for the last 3 years and just recently joined and this is my first post. I really like this board alot and there is a ton of information here that you just can't get anywhere else. That being said, I cringe when I see comments like this. Why does this even need to be said at all? Could it not be read into that statement that we outbid AU for him? If I were OJ I might actually take offense to that. I absolutely hate AU as much as anyone on here but I just think that is a careless statement. Well, after calling out Earl I may get the boot from here but I just had to give my opinion on that...
Earle has put the boot to many wolves in sheeps clothing on here and calling out Earle on your first post is a newbie mistake not someone who has been reading this website for 3 years as he stated he has done! Now if BamaMark is a God honest Bama fan then every Bama fan on here knows he misunderstood Earle's remark, but you can bet he will get called out for it by us worshipers! ;)

You don't attack our Gods on here in public and not expect us to attack! If anyone reads in his statement that we(Bama), outbid AU for him, they are most profoundly misunderstanding or just stirring the pot! If you misunderstand something someone on here says there is a lot better ways to go about asking what they mean than calling out as he admittedly said he was doing!

:)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
First off, Earle is a God on this website to us who post often and been doing so for years because....well thats all you need to know because it ain't a democracy on here its a dictatorship and we defend out dictators! ;)

Here is Earle's post,

Here is BamaMark's,

Earle has put the boot to many wolves in sheeps clothing on here and calling out Earle on your first post is a newbie mistake not someone who has been reading this website for 3 years as he stated he has done! Now if BamaMark is a God honest Bama fan then every Bama fan on here knows he misunderstood Earle's remark, but you can bet he will get called out for it by us worshipers! ;)

You don't attack our Gods on here in public and not expect us to attack! If anyone reads in his statement that we(Bama), outbid AU for him, they are most profoundly misunderstanding or just stirring the pot! If you misunderstand something someone on here says there is a lot better ways to go about asking what they mean than calling out as he admittedly said he was doing!

Like Earle a little bit do you?;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Here is Earle's post,

Here is BamaMark's,

Now, you've embarrassed me. :blush: I've just lived a long time and been around Bama athletics a long time and I'm lucky enough to know a lot of people who know more than I. After I saw how Mark saw my comment, he and I had an exchange and I told him I needed to be more careful in phrasing. Anyone who's read a lot of my posts knows exactly how I feel about AU's tactics, the tactics they used in the 80s and early 90's and are back into now. I won't pull punches about that. We don't do the things they do and I have to have faith that their tactics will eventually catch up with them. I'll leave you with this: They still have part of their stadium complex named after an NCAA-convicted cheater, who got them on probation. Not only have they never changed the name, they have given him back an office in the AD complex. Think about it...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I'll leave you with this: They still have part of their stadium complex named after an NCAA-convicted cheater, who got them on probation. Not only have they never changed the name, they have given him back an office in the AD complex. Think about it...
Earle,

you just sum up auburn's mentality/psyche/mindset in a nutshell.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
HTML:
Now, you've embarrassed me. :blush: I've just lived a long time and been around Bama athletics a long time and I'm lucky enough to know a lot of people who know more than I. After I saw how Mark saw my comment, he and I had an exchange and I told him I needed to be more careful in phrasing. Anyone who's read a lot of my posts knows exactly how I feel about AU's tactics, the tactics they used in the 80s and early 90's and are back into now. I won't pull punches about that. We don't do the things they do and I have to have faith that their tactics will eventually catch up with them. I'll leave you with this:
HTML:
They still have part of their stadium complex named after an NCAA-convicted cheater, who got them on probation. Not only have they never changed the name, they have given him back an office in the AD complex.
HTML:
Think about it...
Actually their two best coaches got them on probation....they named their stadium after one of them and their football field after the other. What a great tradition they have.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
sources close to OJ have said that his mother and father have recently stated that OJ will sign with Bama. :)
Watched him on ESPNU last night at the recent combine in Florida (Gridiron Kings or something like that). Damn. What a specimen! I`m dating myself, but the more I watched the more I kept thinking "Ozzie Newsome". I`m not sure we`ve had anything quite like Howard in many years, particularly physically. That includes Julio.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Now, you've embarrassed me. :blush: I've just lived a long time and been around Bama athletics a long time and I'm lucky enough to know a lot of people who know more than I. After I saw how Mark saw my comment, he and I had an exchange and I told him I needed to be more careful in phrasing. Anyone who's read a lot of my posts knows exactly how I feel about AU's tactics, the tactics they used in the 80s and early 90's and are back into now. I won't pull punches about that. We don't do the things they do and I have to have faith that their tactics will eventually catch up with them. I'll leave you with this: They still have part of their stadium complex named after an NCAA-convicted cheater, who got them on probation. Not only have they never changed the name, they have given him back an office in the AD complex. Think about it...
Earle, after our exchange I totally understand why you feel how you do and why you pull no punches about it. Like you, I hope they get their justice... The biggest thing I learned from this is I need to explain myself a little better or bite my tongue sometimes. No fun being called a barner...

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Earle, after our exchange I totally understand why you feel how you do and why you pull no punches about it. Like you, I hope they get their justice... The biggest thing I learned from this is I need to explain myself a little better or bite my tongue sometimes. No fun being called a barner...
Yeah thems fightin' words to a Bama fan! ;) I never actually called you a barner, but I did entertain the possibility you might be with your post. We all got to be careful around here though cause we got plenty of trolls who pop in, in the disguise of being a Bama fan! Of course once everyone gets to know you better its less likely you will be called that terrible word! ;)

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Watched him on ESPNU last night at the recent combine in Florida (Gridiron Kings or something like that). Damn. What a specimen! I`m dating myself, but the more I watched the more I kept thinking "Ozzie Newsome". I`m not sure we`ve had anything quite like Howard in many years, particularly physically. That includes Julio.

Is this even legal in Alabama??? Just asking.. :biggrin2:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I watched him last night and thought of Newsome as well. I'd love to see him at receiver and not TE.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I watched him last night and thought of Newsome as well. I'd love to see him at receiver and not TE.
I'm sure he will play tight end but split out often. We split smelley and williams out and they are nowhere near the athlete that oj is.

He's most likely going to gain a good amount of weight and be too big for receiver. Wherever he lines up he is going to be a matchup nightmare.

Glenn_B

1st Team
May 31, 2010
Lost in Tennessee
Is this even legal in Alabama??? Just asking.. :biggrin2:
Only in Lee County! Just saying... :rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.