'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If I remember correctly, our TEs killed AU.

Surely OJ watched that game.

I watched the BCSCG again last night and our TEs killed LSU as well.

If anyone's use of the TE is suspect, it would be AU with their change from the Spread to the Pro-Set.

Trooper, Luper and the Duper (Chizik) are notorious liars. :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - he grew up an Auburn fan; this will be a tough battle. Loeffler supposedly has mentioned Florida's use of Hernandez. Loeffler spits all that talk while he was only the QB coach during the 2009 season. OJ could be Auburn's Aaron Hernandez, and if OJ believes Loeffler's talk, he'll believe he will be Auburn's Aaron Hernandez but end up being misused and forgotten about in 4 years.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - he grew up an Auburn fan; this will be a tough battle. Loeffler supposedly has mentioned Florida's use of Hernandez. Loeffler spits all that talk while he was only the QB coach during the 2009 season. OJ could be Auburn's Aaron Hernandez, and if OJ believes Loeffler's talk, he'll believe he will be Auburn's Aaron Hernandez but end up being misused and forgotten about in 4 years.
I agree it will be a tough battle and I really don't think we will know for sure where he is going until he signs his LOI. He is a great talent and the Barn will stay all over him and I'm sure our staff will also. Hopefully OJ sees Bama is the best place for him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I agree it will be a tough battle and I really don't think we will know for sure where he is going until he signs his LOI. He is a great talent and the Barn will stay all over him and I'm sure our staff will also. Hopefully OJ sees Bama is the best place for him.
Looks to me like he`s looking for an excuse and rationalization to flip.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
If you are not going to stop visiting and listening to other schools why commit early? I am not worried about this kid switching at all, makes no difference to me as I know coach Saban and crew will bring in another top recruiting class regardless. I just can't understand why they would commit and still take visits. Its like saying you are engaged to get married but still dating other girls. If you are not ready to get married then don't get engaged lol! I'm glad coach Saban enjoys recruiting! ;)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If you are not going to stop visiting and listening to other schools why commit early? I am not worried about this kid switching at all, makes no difference to me as I know coach Saban and crew will bring in another top recruiting class regardless. I just can't understand why they would commit and still take visits. Its like saying you are engaged to get married but still dating other girls. If you are not ready to get married then don't get engaged lol! I'm glad coach Saban enjoys recruiting! ;)
Wouldn't that be great:cool2:!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well if you are a lifelong fan of one school and you percieve the two to be the same, it's obvious where one would go.

However, the two schools are no where near the same.

While Alabama realistically wins NCs, while Auburn has to rely on a once in a lifetime player to win one.

On the bright side, it's only 51 more years until AU wins another..........:rolleyes:

Hopefully, OJ is aware of that and stays on board! :cool2:

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I've read where Saban tries to discourage kids from committing and still take visits from other schools. IOW, if you still want to look around, don't commit! I wonder why he still has so much trouble with this sort of thing.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I've read where Saban tries to discourage kids from committing and still take visits from other schools. IOW, if you still want to look around, don't commit! I wonder why he still has so much trouble with this sort of thing.
You know its got to frustrate the hell out of coach Saban when they do that. But what else does he do? If a kid just insist to commit that he really wants, how do you make him mad and not let him go ahead and commit but wait till he is sure, when all the kid says is I am sure?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Pretty sure this is just a recap of the link posted above.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/auburn_continues_to_pursue_ala.html

Just love the way he acts like Auburn's use of the Tight End is some new concept. Since 2007 and Nick Saban's arrival, Alabama has used two or more tight ends per season. The greatness that is deception and teenagers!
His quotes in that article are attributed to Auburn Undercover so he's going to say things a little more enthusiastic to a Barner reporter. He is just repeating the speil he is getting from their coaching staff regarding the use of the TE's. I think OJ knows how we use our TE's and in the end will sign with us.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I just don't have a good feeling about this one. He grew up an Auburn fan and they are selling him what he wants to hear, regardless of whether they'll actually use the TEs that much. I have to wonder if this is why we offered Josh McNeil from North Carolina.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I just don't have a good feeling about this one. He grew up an Auburn fan and they are selling him what he wants to hear, regardless of whether they'll actually use the TEs that much. I have to wonder if this is why we offered Josh McNeil from North Carolina.
I've had the same feeling for awhile. To be honest, I had a little uneasy feeling about it when he first committed because he grew up an Auburn fan and was wearing a Cam jersey to Autauga Academy a few months prior to giving CNS his verbal.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I've had the same feeling for awhile. To be honest, I had a little uneasy feeling about it when he first committed because he grew up an Auburn fan and was wearing a Cam jersey to Autauga Academy a few months prior to giving CNS his verbal.
on other Bama sites, posters have spotted him wearing Bama gear as recent as last week. so who knows...

IMO, just because he is wearing a Cam jersey really doesn't mean much , these are kids wearing the latest and greatest fad. OJ grew up an auburn fan so it makes sense for him to don an auburn star jersey.

what matters is that he committed to Bama months later and what truly matters if he stays with Bama in the end.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
I really, really want this kid. I don't sweat over many of these recruits but I really feel like he would bring an aspect to our offense that we haven't quite reached yet.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I really, really want this kid. I don't sweat over many of these recruits but I really feel like he would bring an aspect to our offense that we haven't quite reached yet.
alabamas offense averaged about 35 points per game last year...and yes thats if you include the first lsu game. im not saying your wrong, but im curious about this aspect you are speaking of and would like to hear more about it.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The kid is a freak. He's a true vertical threat, and a definite mismatch with his hand on the ground. Think bigger, stronger, faster Brad Smelley

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.