'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
alabamas offense averaged about 35 points per game last year...and yes thats if you include the first lsu game. im not saying your wrong, but im curious about this aspect you are speaking of and would like to hear more about it.
Think of the type players in the NFL now who can run and make big plays and block also (Gronkowski, Hernandez, Graham, Gonzalez). I'm not saying he will be as good but he has this type potential IMO.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I really hope that he'll look at our success with TEs over the past few years as evidence of how he'll be used. I know AU can sell dreams and such with Scot Loeffler having "coached" Aaron Hernandez at Florida, but the proof is in the pudding for Alabama's offense. O.J. Howard is the perfect combination of the big blocking TE and pass receiving H-back. He'll really improve on how the TE is used, IMO. And considering the success of the TEs and H-backs since 2007, that's saying something.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We got solid production out of TE or H-Back without a really elite threat at the position. There are very few elite TEs out there though and I'm hoping Howard is that guy.

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN
For those of you who haven't seen Howard in action yet, here's a highlight video:

Also, here's an interview with highlights: http://247sports.com/Player/OJ-Howard-12042/Videos/OJ-Howard-462239

At first glance, Howard looks to have the best combo of size and athleticism of any Bama TE prospect since Terry Jones Jr., at least. He might very well be an even better prospect than Jones.

It makes me nervous to hear him say things like he loved Auburn and hated Bama growing up, so hopefully we can hang on to him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Thanks for the video and link. First time I have seen OJ's highlights and all I can say is please, please, please keep your commitment. This kid is a phenomenal athlete and will create big mis-matches at TE.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
frankly, I'm tired of all this jive regarding OJ. if this kid is a barner from the start, de commit already so Bama can move on. if he rolls with a the Tide , welcome and become a champion!!

Bama has too many studs to worried about one 1 commit.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Frankly I'm tired of people saying we are too loaded to worry about one guy. We don't have a TE like this kid on our roster and I personally really, really want to see what he could do in our offense. I don't think anyone on here has said it's imperative that we get him but if we do we will be much better for it. I imagine even the coaching staff has concerns that we hang onto OJ because he seems to be the real deal.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Frankly I'm tired of people saying we are too loaded to worry about one guy. We don't have a TE like this kid on our roster and I personally really, really want to see what he could do in our offense. I don't think anyone on here has said it's imperative that we get him but if we do we will be much better for it. I imagine even the coaching staff has concerns that we hang onto OJ because he seems to be the real deal.
And it's one thing if he's going to Oklahoma but he's either going to UA or AU. Keeping a talent like that away from AU and in UA's pocket is a great thing. Not the end of the world but still a great thing

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
frankly, I'm tired of all this jive regarding OJ. if this kid is a barner from the start, de commit already so Bama can move on. if he rolls with a the Tide , welcome and become a champion!!

Bama has too many studs to worried about one 1 commit.
Whats with this? The kid is committed. What more can he do?

Its the speculation by others that is the problem.

I guess we'll find out next week when he either attends Big Cheetah Weekend or not...........:cool:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
How good is his competition at that level ? Is there any concern about him adjusting to a higher level ?

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
My step brother used to play for PCA, who is kind of a rival of theirs, and he honestly used to be irrelevant during the game. My step-brother has a D-1 offer to Duke, but other than that, the competition at the level is not very high. My step-brother just moved to Holtville to play ball there, and he will say there are far better players at that level, just not as athletic.

Saying this though, the guy could have just had a couple bad games againt my brothers team.

How good is his competition at that level ? Is there any concern about him adjusting to a higher level ?
Edit: I don't want anyone to think I am bashing the recruit, just stating what I was told by my Bama fan little brother. I would love to get the guy, his highlights show you the talent he has.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He wouldn't play against great competition in AISA, but his camp performances speak for themselves. He goes to camps and shines. To be honest, I'm shocked he isn't going to Prattville if he is zoned for PHS. He might be zoned for Autaugaville, though.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Whats with this? The kid is committed. What more can he do?

Its the speculation by others that is the problem.

I guess we'll find out next week when he either attends Big Cheetah Weekend or not...........:cool:
Non,

not bashing OJ. but the speculations are not just coming from Bama camps. like mentioned before, his interviews do not give me that warm fuzzy feeling. I hope I'm wrong. he is a very talented, but when he committed so early, buyer's remorse comes to mind.

UAB-CT

All-SEC
Mar 4, 2005
Northport, AL
He wouldn't play against great competition in AISA, but his camp performances speak for themselves. He goes to camps and shines. To be honest, I'm shocked he isn't going to Prattville if he is zoned for PHS. He might be zoned for Autaugaville, though.
AISA, are private schools. They aren't zoned for anyone. The students pay tution or are awarded scholarships to pay their way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.