'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Non,

not bashing OJ. but the speculations are not just coming from Bama camps. like mentioned before, his interviews do not give me that warm fuzzy feeling. I hope I'm wrong. he is a very talented, but when he committed so early, buyer's remorse comes to mind.

Yeah, good point!

Just don't want to give him more reason to consider switching. Barners will point to our boards and use anything we say against us.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
AISA, are private schools. They aren't zoned for anyone. The students pay tution or are awarded scholarships to pay their way.
Private schools aren't zoned, but the kid would live in an area zoned for a public school, too. That is the point being made about why he is at an AISA school with weak competition rather then play at a powerhouse like Prattville. If he lives in a school zone that isn't good, that may sway his choice but I would bet the farm that a private school offered him a scholarship. They like to creep into good public schools and steal great athletes, many times without a care in the world about anything but winning a state championship. JMHO.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Non,

not bashing OJ. but the speculations are not just coming from Bama camps. like mentioned before, his interviews do not give me that warm fuzzy feeling. I hope I'm wrong. he is a very talented, but when he committed so early, buyer's remorse comes to mind.
His father still posts on BOL, so at least there's that. I don't get a great feeling from his interviews, but this one will not be over either way until NSD.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
His father still posts on BOL, so at least there's that. I don't get a great feeling from his interviews, but this one will not be over either way until NSD.
I just don`t understand kids I guess. If he`s a life long, locked and loaded barn fan as I think he`s pretty much said he is, then why on earth would he ever commit in the first place to the University of Alabama?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I just don`t understand kids I guess. If he`s a life long, locked and loaded barn fan as I think he`s pretty much said he is, then why on earth would he ever commit in the first place to the University of Alabama?
To play for Nick Saban and pave his way to being a first round draft pick. Personally, I just don't understand why ANY kid would pick Auburn. Period.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
As I wrote before, Howard has been a commit-in-name-only for a long time now, and he's essentially open. I figure we probably hang on to him because Auburn won't be able to cash all of these checks they've been writing about how the universe revolves around the tight end position on the Plains -- all of those checks will bounce by late September -- but anyone who truly gets surprised in the event he flips simply hasn't been paying attention.

Either way, I'm not worried. The class we've assembled to date has far exceeded my expectations, and while losing someone like Howard to Auburn would sting a bit, we're still going to land one of the top two or three classes in the country, so why get worked up?

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
As I wrote before, Howard has been a commit-in-name-only for a long time now, and he's essentially open. I figure we probably hang on to him because Auburn won't be able to cash all of these checks they've been writing about how the universe revolves around the tight end position on the Plains -- all of those checks will bounce by late September -- but anyone who truly gets surprised in the event he flips simply hasn't been paying attention.

Either way, I'm not worried. The class we've assembled to date has far exceeded my expectations, and while losing someone like Howard to Auburn would sting a bit, we're still going to land one of the top two or three classes in the country, so why get worked up?
This not to mention we will probably get ONiel in this class and get Lutua in 2014. We will be fine at TE.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
AISA, are private schools. They aren't zoned for anyone. The students pay tution or are awarded scholarships to pay their way.
Shhhh they don't award scholarships anymore:wink:

Like RTR said, there is NO competition what-so-ever at the AISA level (in any of the 3 classes). But as has been said he has showed out in camp so that shows it's just not the competition.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Two things first oj is best te in this class and of the past couple years. I've said it before he is a Gresham type of te(which means he brings 1st round game breaking talent to the position). It's rumors like a lot of other things around here ie. Foster was rumored to decommit from us this past week and what happened?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The latest Scout article has me a bit more upbeat on Howard. He re-affirmed he's solid to Alabama. He's not even sure he'll attend AU's "Big Cat" Weekend.
That is good news and hopefully he will avoid *U's Big "P---yCat" weekend. The Barners can do some really crazy stuff during this weekend.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Reports are saying that OJ was not present for BCW.

FYI, auburn just pick up a commitment from TE Arshad Jackson ( 6'6 230 lbs.) from Georgia. Plan B perhaps. :rolleye2:

Last edited:

SundayGun

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2008
Reports are saying that OJ was not present for BCW.

FYI, auburn just pick a commitment from TE Arshad Jackson ( 6'6 230 lbs.) from Georgia. Plan B perhaps. :rolleye2:

I have heard that us and the autards will be taking two tight ends this class so they are probably still going to be going after Howard hard.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I have heard that us and the autards will be taking two tight ends this class so they are probably still going to be going after Howard hard.
AU had 2 TEs for the 2011 class, 2 more for the 2012 class. with this pick up, their TE depth is getting crowded. it will all depend if those TEs will be move or they are expecting them to not work out.
I opt for the latter. :)

Last edited:

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Shhhh they don't award scholarships anymore:wink:

Like RTR said, there is NO competition what-so-ever at the AISA level (in any of the 3 classes). But as has been said he has showed out in camp so that shows it's just not the competition.
Hmmm, I resent that remark, maybe you should say not very much D1 talent in AISA, because the two AISA schools in our area have produced twice as many college football players over the past 3 years as the 4 public schools in our area.
I have a son that played in both AHSAA and AISA,as a Junior he recieved a scholarship to an AISA school because we could not afford to send him to private school ourselves. he recieved a college football scholarship to a small school in GA and has done quite well. There is some fine talent at both levels of competition, just more of it at the public school level.
But if you dont believe me just ask former tider Drew Davis, remember him he was the starting right tackle for BAMA in 09 he was from little 1a AISA Evergreen Sparta, maybe he should give his NC ring back.
As for no competition, HUH, there is NO AISA team as bad as Keith, Calhoun, JF shields, I could go on and name some more, but those are absolutely the worst football teams I have ever seen and yes I was at the games when my sons team played them.
Bottom line is your comments are a bit offensive. Maybe I should tell my kid and the other 8 kids in our area that they should give there scholarships back because they went to private school and there was no competition at thier level.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.