'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Maybe I should have re-worded it to say the overall talent in AISA is not close to the AHSAA. You take most to all of the title teams from the AISA and play them against most AHSAA schools and they couldn't compete. I was recruited by a local Academy back in the late 90's to play ball for them and even then the talent was simply not there compared to who we played against. It was then same then as now in that most go there because they can't start at public schools or just flat out their parents don't want them at school with African American kids. Again this is not the case across the board but is with most I've been around which is quite a few.

BTW, JF Shields doesn't even field football anymore dude and you don't want to go there anyways. Should I bring up Lyman Ward, Coosa Valley, Kingwood, SMCA, Meadowview, etc.?? I'd say they are worse than the 3 you mentioned when all 3 actually played football.

Now back to O.J. Howard...

Last edited:

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
I appreciate you clearing that up, I guess you meant Elite talent, and you are right the best AISA teams will not be able compete for the most part with the best AHSAA teams thats a fact Im not arguing that point, my son started at both levels of competition so we know. This is not a flame and I say this with no ill intent but, colored kids???? How do you know Im not "colored" there are several black kids at this private school, and yes most but not all play football and they were starters at there big mean public schools.

But back to OJ indeed. We played OJ's team three yrs ago and beat them like a rented mule, I was not overly impressed with him, he was not agressive, but I didnt know who he was until last year. He was a soph at the time we played him, its obvious he has gotten a lot better, I hope the kid does well. I met his coache and he said he was a superb athelet (obviously) a hard worker, a real good kid and has a lot of heart to go with his ability.
I am much more impressed with him as far as a player than the kid that whined about gray shirting (Philon????) and left us for Ark. that kid was a flat dud, I watched him get whipped all night in the 5A champ game VS Hartsell, by a kid that might have weighed 215lbs, I can see why saban wanted to gray shirt him, glad he went to Adulterysas to be honest.

Maybe I should have re-worded it to say the overall talent in AISA is not close to the AHSAA. You take most to all of the title teams from the AISA and play them against most AHSAA schools and they couldn't compete. I was recruited by a local Academy back in the late 90's to play ball for them and even then the talent was simply not there compared to who we played against. It was then same then as now in that most go there because they can't start at public schools or just flat out their parents don't want them at school with colored kids. Again this is not the case across the board but is with most I've been around which is quite a few.

BTW, JF Shields doesn't even field football anymore dude and you don't want to go there anyways. Should I bring up Lyman Ward, Coosa Valley, Kingwood, SMCA, Meadowview, etc.?? I'd say they are worse than the 3 you mentioned when all 3 actually played football.

Now back to O.J. Howard...

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I wonder why he is saying alot of people think Reuben is going to Auburn? I find that a little odd, personally.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I know I am biased, but if you play defense during the current time frame and have an opportunity to play D at LSU or Alabama and you choose another school, you may have a concussion.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I know I am biased, but if you play defense during the current time frame and have an opportunity to play D at LSU or Alabama and you choose another school, you may have a concussion.
Yep. LSU, Bama, and UF are the places in the SE region that are putting defensive stars into the NFL at this time.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
To be fair, Georgia's D last year was ranked in the top 10 and in some categories top 5 so they're not weak on the D front either. UA's biggest problem losing highly recruited guys isn't the NFL prospect or talent on roster, it's friends that are on other teams. Clowney knew a lot of people at USCe and Nkemdiche has his whole HS team signing up with Clemson. If we lose Foster it's due to his friends going to UGA but I don't see him backing off of his commitment b/c his family moved to Auburn, AL so that he could early enroll at UA. Why move out of state to just decommit later? It's recruiting and you never know but I still think Foster is going to UGA multiple weekends b/c it's an opportunity to hang out with his friends. What would you rather due on the weekend while in HS; stay in Auburn and watch cows eat grass or drive to UGA's campus and hang out with your buddies?

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
To be fair, Georgia's D last year was ranked in the top 10 and in some categories top 5 so they're not weak on the D front either. UA's biggest problem losing highly recruited guys isn't the NFL prospect or talent on roster, it's friends that are on other teams. Clowney knew a lot of people at USCe and Nkemdiche has his whole HS team signing up with Clemson. If we lose Foster it's due to his friends going to UGA but I don't see him backing off of his commitment b/c his family moved to Auburn, AL so that he could early enroll at UA. Why move out of state to just decommit later? It's recruiting and you never know but I still think Foster is going to UGA multiple weekends b/c it's an opportunity to hang out with his friends. What would you rather due on the weekend while in HS; stay in Auburn and watch cows eat grass or drive to UGA's campus and hang out with your buddies?
He transferred to AHS to graduate early...........no matter where he were to finally end up.:cool2:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I understand it was Luper who upset him after Reuben announced he was solid to Bama.
Maybe when he commited. But I am referring to the L Phillips situation. From another board Foster was there when it went down along with a few other recruits. L Phillips is Foster's cousin. The next day AU was having a few recruits in like D Walker. Foster you could imagine had other things on his mind. Trooper called Foster to see if was still going to be there and when Foster said no, Trooper got on him about keeping his word among other things and seem to not be concerned with what 17yo just went through first hand.

BTW Trooper apparantly that day was just full of laughter when the D Walker was on his visit. Some things were said by Trooper while the team was having a vigil for what happened the night before and whatever Trooper was joking around about did not set well with Walker.

Now this came from another board by a poster but feel it is true FWIW. But Foster since that has stated even moreso he was 100% to UA and seems to be less speculation about him and AU now. Also going into the trip we heard AU had become a serious contender for D Walker and now AU has not been mentioned since.

Now back to Howard.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
He transferred to AHS to graduate early...........no matter where he were to finally end up.:cool2:
He wanted to graduate early and stay close to his daughter. He was also told that his former HC Flowers was going to be hired and the day he signed the papers was the deadline to join the team so he could train with them. The next day he showed up and found out Flowers was not being hired on and now the rumors out there is that he will transfer to SSHS where Flowers did get hired. Flowers does not seem to be our side. If Foster transfers to SSHS I doubt we end up with Foster.

Sorry now back to Howard.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Michigan State would disagree with you....

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Michigan State would disagree with you....
Well Georgia Southern disagrees that UA had a great run stopping D. See what I did there. You can pull scenerios from any great team and make them look mediocre but if you pull up stats from last years defenses, Georgia was top 5. I'm still confident that UA will land Foster but it's not a HUGE step down at UGA

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well Georgia Southern disagrees that UA had a great run stopping D. See what I did there. You can pull scenerios from any great team and make them look mediocre but if you pull up stats from last years defenses, Georgia was top 5. I'm still confident that UA will land Foster but it's not a HUGE step down at UGA
I get your point, but Bama played an unusual offense while Georgia played a typical offense in Michigan State.

SundayGun

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2008
That defense had the benefit of not having to face Alabama, LSU,or Arkansas in the regular season and those are three of the better offenses in the SEC.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.