'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Does anybody know if OJ was at the LSU game? Me and my roommate were walking around a while after the game and walked past a group of recruits on visits and one called us out and said roll tide. The only player that would fit the height and body type of this player was OJ so I wanted to see if anybody knew if he was even there. It might've been somebody from a future class if not.

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
WSFA in Montgomery reported that Howard signed today and had video of it. They said he was the highest ranked TE ever evaluated by one of the recruiting sites, don't remember which.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
I can not wait to see this young man next year! He will be a match-up nightmare for defenses!!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
He's just trying to get the aub coaches to think it's over. ;)

I have a lady that works for me and her husband works at Autauga Academy. According to him, Coach Saban was at the school this afternoon.

I saw the segment that Butch alluded to in his post above. They certainly made it sound like he was signing his LOI. Let's put it this way, he had some type of ceremony that caused him to be dressed up nicely and included his mother.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They showed him signing something on the news and said he could sign early since he was a high school graduate.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I hope he's as good as advertised bc he has played some terrible competition. The AISA is to the Ahsaa as NAIA is to ncaa.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He's just trying to get the aub coaches to think it's over. ;)

I have a lady that works for me and her husband works at Autauga Academy. According to him, Coach Saban was at the school this afternoon.

I saw the segment that Butch alluded to in his post above. They certainly made it sound like he was signing his LOI. Let's put it this way, he had some type of ceremony that caused him to be dressed up nicely and included his mother.
Just as long as it wasn't a napkin he signed..LOL

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
i think he can sign it whenever he wants, its just not binding until signing day. So this was mostly for show or ceremony, I would guess
If he's technically already graduated, it may be possible. I think the February deadline is in place for kids still in HS. For example, it seems reasonable that a 25 yo could sign anytime during the year - the February before he would enroll in college has already passed. Anybody know where we could find clear rules regarding this issue?

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I hope he's as good as advertised bc he has played some terrible competition. The AISA is to the Ahsaa as NAIA is to ncaa.
Brodie Croyle played in the AISA. As did the Smelley brothers. That's just off the top of my head. I know there are more.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.