Taxpayers will be paying for the auto bailouts for decades to come.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I'm glad that GM & Chrysler (and Ford also) now appear to be healthy and poised to stay that way. America and the taxpayers are much better off. Ideologues may be upset but so be it. Sometimes you need to be flexible. My only concern now is if the unions get greedy and try to go back to their old ways.
you can count on that. Once you ride the gravy train, you don't get off it without a fight.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I'm glad that GM & Chrysler (and Ford also) now appear to be healthy and poised to stay that way. America and the taxpayers are much better off. Ideologues may be upset but so be it. Sometimes you need to be flexible. My only concern now is if the unions get greedy and try to go back to their old ways.
It's easy for a company to appear healthy when you make other people pay their debts and subsidize their operations. And I'm not sure who the ideologues that you're referring to are. An ideologue ignores things like established rule of law and economic common sense to play politics with any real or imagined crisis. We have bankruptcy laws and procedures. We have an economic system that's supposed to reward winners and punish losers. Instead, our government ignored all of that and decided to punish investors, stick taxpayers with the bill, and reward unions. Who are the ideologues?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I live in a condominium. A few years ago, our roofs were in sad shape, and in dire need of replacement. It would have meant thousands of dollars in assessments to replace the roofs. A storm came through, and caused enough damage to get our insurance company involved. The insurance company ended up paying for full roof replacement on our pitiful roofs. From a purely selfish perspective, it was great for all of us, game, set, match. From an overall justice perspective, we screwed over the insurance company, and by extension, the company's other clients, by getting to use their funds for a replacement we would have had to do anyway.
Please GOD tell me who your insurer is. Our complex had to fight tooth and nail with State Farm after Ivan and Katrina to fix our roofs - I got them so ticked off they sent out "enforcers" who I almost got in a fight with, until they realized one of the condo owners was videotaping the "discussion", at which point they left abruptly.
However, your monthly HOA dues should cover roof replacement costs; maybe that is not applicable to multi-story condo complexes, IDK. I do know that we have replaced most of our 71 units with metal roofs, and a lot of that was paid for out of the HOA building budget.

pc2bama

1st Team
Apr 17, 2008
Sometimes you need to be flexible. My only concern now is if the unions get greedy and try to go back to their old ways.
Do you even hear what you are saying? Obama made sure that the unions specifically would not have to change anything. They told bondholders to take a hike. Yes, bondholders like teacher retirement funds, private investors, mutual funds etc. Flexible in this instance is like allowing a mack truck to run you over.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Do you even hear what you are saying? Obama made sure that the unions specifically would not have to change anything. They told bondholders to take a hike. Yes, bondholders like teacher retirement funds, private investors, mutual funds etc. Flexible in this instance is like allowing a mack truck to run you over.
For Bamaro, not being an ideologue is accepting a crap sandwich with the same appreciation as one would a steak. ;)

SimplyTide

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Even Rattner, the man who designed the auto industry bailout, now agrees that the unions should have been forced to accept concessions.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
"get greedy" ? They have been greedy for decades.
"old ways" ? Their ways have only been validated with this massive transfer of wealth.

Modern unions are useless, parasitic organizations, and the UAW is the godfather of corruption. The government solution is like giving a blood transfusion to someone being eaten by wolves and consulting the wolves on what blood type tastes best.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
"get greedy" ? They have been greedy for decades.
"old ways" ? Their ways have only been validated with this massive transfer of wealth.

Modern unions are useless, parasitic organizations, and the UAW is the godfather of corruption. The government solution is like giving a blood transfusion to someone being eaten by wolves and consulting the wolves on what blood type tastes best.
My thoughts exactly. When did they ever change? :conf2:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It's easy for a company to appear healthy when you make other people pay their debts and subsidize their operations. And I'm not sure who the ideologues that you're referring to are. An ideologue ignores things like established rule of law and economic common sense to play politics with any real or imagined crisis. We have bankruptcy laws and procedures. We have an economic system that's supposed to reward winners and punish losers. Instead, our government ignored all of that and decided to punish investors, stick taxpayers with the bill, and reward unions. Who are the ideologues?
Check the nearest mirror. :tongue:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.