Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

Big A Asking For Recommendations For My Alabama Room

Through the years I've seen many of you post pictures of your Bama rooms here on Tide Fans. I've seen some great looking rooms with Alabama football memorabilia posted here. I wanted to ask those of you who have Bama rooms if you will post some pictures of your rooms. In the next couple of months I will be painting a large downstairs den and hanging my Alabama football prints and autographed pictures on the wall. I've also got many autographed helmets and footballs I'm going to display.

The biggest thing I am trying to figure out with my den is what color to paint the walls. I've been leaning toward painting the wall crimson, but I'm not sure how it will look. The last thing I want to do is paint a huge den and not be happy with it after I'm done painting. I want to do something with my room that is mind blowing.

For those of you who have Bama rooms, I would like any advise you can give me, but I would like to see pictures more than anything to give me ideas on how to design my Alabama room.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

Re: Asking For Recommendations For My Alabama Room

Home Depot used to have the official colors.
    Takes a lot of coats, but well worth it by the time you get done.
    I've shared my photos before, but here's a few more.
    If anybody has any suggestions for good frame shops in the Birmingham area, please let me know. I've also got a ton of jerseys I've got to get shadowboxed, too.. Suggestions would be grand.
    RTR

Painting your room crimson will make a big impact but it might be too much especially for a man. I talked my husband into letting me paint a room crimson and it was pretty but it can be overbearing if you don't like it. Some people paint one wall a color or put chair rail molding up and paint the upper or lower portion only that way you can have the crimson without the solid crimson walls. However, saying all that, I would love it - just my opinion.

My Mood
    Sad on TideFans.com

I went with gray so that the crimson items stand out or as some people say "POP". If you paint crimson that starts to limit you with accessories because matching reds is hard. That leaves you with white and gray. White will as everybody knows gets dirty. If you do go with a crimson on the wall be sure and prime with gray. Reds cover better with a gray for a primer. Best of luck to you, and really you can't go wrong with whatever you do..... because hey it's an ALABAMA room. Roll Tide !!!

Nice pics 37bamagreats55. Nice room also. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by b2v4ua View Post
    I went with gray so that the crimson items stand out or as some people say "POP". If you paint crimson that starts to limit you with accessories because matching reds is hard. That leaves you with white and gray. White will as everybody knows gets dirty. If you do go with a crimson on the wall be sure and prime with gray. Reds cover better with a gray for a primer. Best of luck to you, and really you can't go wrong with whatever you do..... because hey it's an ALABAMA room. Roll Tide !!!
    You bring up a great point. I think crimson on gray walls will give things more pop and this is what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by tide rider View Post
    Painting your room crimson will make a big impact but it might be too much especially for a man. I talked my husband into letting me paint a room crimson and it was pretty but it can be overbearing if you don't like it. Some people paint one wall a color or put chair rail molding up and paint the upper or lower portion only that way you can have the crimson without the solid crimson walls. However, saying all that, I would love it - just my opinion.
    This is what I'm afraid of, crimson walls, prints and pictures with a lot of crimson in them along with crimson helmets being too much or overbearing. The room is about 15 ft. wide x 35 ft. long. I'm considering painting the two 15 ft. walls which are opposite one another crimson and painting the two 35 ft. walls gray.

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

For my bama room, we have a chair rail around the room. The walls are crimson below the rail and white above. I think it looks good.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have just finished painting my bar. We have 3 walls painted in gray (elephant gray) and one wall in crimson. We have found that pictures, posters or signs actually stand out more on the grey since they are normally crimson colored or have a crimson background. The crimson wall is behind the bar where I have my overhead cabinets, glasses, etc. Looks pretty good to me and there isn't too much "red" in the room.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    Home Depot used to have the official colors.
    Takes a lot of coats, but well worth it by the time you get done.
    I've shared my photos before, but here's a few more.
    If anybody has any suggestions for good frame shops in the Birmingham area, please let me know. I've also got a ton of jerseys I've got to get shadowboxed, too.. Suggestions would be grand.
    RTR

GREAT ROOM...
    I like the White jersey stripes on the walls; they break up the Crimson, and brighten the room.
    Not to mention that the jersey stripes make the room more masculine.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We recently did my son's room in Elephant Gray as well. It looks great with his Mark Ingram Bama fathead and his growing collection of Bama prints and merchandise. We have one crimson room in our house and I am over the dark, saturated color (only on the walls of course) and it's soon going to be painted a nice shade of gray. If you can deal with a saturated color, then go with Crimson. I LOVE what 37bamagreats55 did with the white stripe. BEST Bama room paint I have seen!

BamaNation Second Team

I did a gloss white chair rail with Crimson on the lower half and a tan color above. It looks good with matting on paintings I have in the room.

I would love to see some pictures for those of you that can help me out with this. I just want to get a sense of what the colors look like.